Widgets Magazine

Discotek Media licenses Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Discotek Media licenses Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Widgets Magazine
    EDIT - probable publisher: King Records

via TRSI:

- Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $39.95 - 4/30/19

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...20980407931038
    April 30th 2019. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! on high definition Blu Ray! Japanese language with English subtitles. Region A.

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Gakue...raight-Blu-ray

This complete collection contains all 13 episodes in the original Japanese language with English subtitles!
    Last edited by WTK; 03-02-2019, 08:05 PM.

Is this the same Manabi Straight that people were asking for at forums years ago?
    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...67353344569345
      Manabi Straight's first time in America, cute show, great vid quality.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
        Is this the same Manabi Straight that people were asking for at forums years ago?
        It's definitely a title I recognize from way back when, and I think it was on my radar. And for TRSI's price, it may well be in my collection soon, too.
        Ana Bunny || my avatar library
        ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Girls und Panzer Specials
        ~ Last Watched: Ocean Waves; Girls und Panzer TV; Porco Rosso; Sailor Moon; Only Yesterday; Texhnolyze
        homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
          It was #15 on our own licensing wish list while that was still active, for what it's worth. So I'm glad to see another title picked up from that list and given a proper release. That list was last updated in 2014, and we have gotten a lot of stuff released from it since then, but a lot still remains unlicensed for various reasons.

It seems like a cute show either way, so I'll have to give it some consideration when it comes time for release. The show was also the source of the "Manabi Line" indicator of successful sales performance for Japanese releases.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

This was long overdue for a license. I would have thought that Sentai would have picked up a long time ago, but they didn't. Hard to believe that this was done by Ufotable, but times have changed and it wasn't until they put out Fate/Zero that they became the studio they are today.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
            Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              This was long overdue for a license. I would have thought that Sentai would have picked up a long time ago, but they didn't. Hard to believe that this was done by Ufotable, but times have changed and it wasn't until they put out Fate/Zero that they became the studio they are today.
              I agree about it being overdue. A few years ago, when Sentai made its last appearance at Ohayocon, I recognized David Williams (I think that's his name) at the dealer booth and chatted with him a bit and none-too-subtly suggested that Sentai would be a perfect fit to license Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, kind of fitting in with their releases of Himawari Sketch. I know I was only a passing voice in the crowd, but I added my two cents' worth. Anyways, I'm really glad this is finally appearing here and highly recommend it as a really cute show. Just look at those character designs!
              Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
              Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                we have gotten a lot of stuff released from it since then, but a lot still remains unlicensed for various reasons.
                Like Kokoro Library...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Doc View Post
                  Like Kokoro Library...
                  :: wave of nostalgia :: That is one I'd get in a heartbeat.
                  Three shows have been highly effective for me to get friends to enjoy anime: Ranma 1/2, R.O.D., and Kokoro Toshokan.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X