X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] Spring 2019 anime lineup

Widgets Magazine
    Spring series with approximate/planned Japan broadcast dates [subject to change]:

Anime Charts:
    - http://anichart.net/spring-2019
    - http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/seasons/upcoming
    - https://www.livechart.me/spring-2019/tv

::: to be updated :::

YTV

- MIX (baseball anime)

Comment

So far, here is what has been announced or likely going to be announced because they are sequels to stuff they have

Aniplex: Demon Slayer
      Crunchyroll: Bungo Stray Dogs 3
      Funimation: Attack on Titan season 3 Part 2
      Sentai: Chihayafuru 3
      Viz: One Punch Man 2
      Netflix: Carol and Tuesday

Also, Sarazanai is on Noitamina, while Senryu Girl and Ao-chan Can't Study are the two Animeism shows, but with Amazon no longer holding the international streaming rights that they are all up for grabs. Once some more titles get announced, I'll get to my usual premiere date predictions.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
      Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Some prospective publisher information has been revealed recently.

Fairy Gone - Toho
        Kenja no Mago - Kadokawa
        Midnight Occult Civil Servants - Kadokawa
        RobiHachi - Pony Canyon
        Stop This Sound! - Shueisha
        We Never Learn - Aniplex (and likely means an Aniplex of America license)

Also, Stop This Sound! is going to be a split-cour series with the second half coming this fall.
        Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Premiere dates should be starting soon, and while shows will get added to the lineup, for now I'm making predictions based on shows that have been announced (except for the two TBS shows as while they haven't been announced, Hoshiai no Sora and Machikado Mazoku are the only two anime shows currently slated for TBS).

Chihayafuru 3: Tuesday, April 2 (AnichU block on NTV)
          Yatogame-chan's Observation Diary: Tuesday, April 2 (Creators in Pack shows are generally shorts on Tuesdays)
          Cinderella Girls Theater: Climax Season: Tuesday, April 2 (Same timeslot as other seasons)
          Cinderella Nine in August: Wednesday, April 3 (TMS shows seemingly are on Wednesdays now)
          Hoshiai no Sora: Thursday, April 4 (TBS)
          Machikado Mazoku: Thursday, April 4 (TBS)
          Million Arthur 2nd Season: Thursday, April 4 (same timeslot as first season)
          Senryu Girl: Friday, April 5 or 12 (Animeism)
          Ao-chan Can't Study: Friday, April 5 or 12 (Animeism)
          Mix: Saturday, April 6 (replacing Ace Attorney on YTV)
          Demon Slayer: Saturday, April 6 (Aniplex block)
          We Never Learn: Saturday, April 6 (Aniplex block)
          Fairy Gone: Sunday, April 7 (Toho block)
          One Punch Man season 2: Sunday, April 7 (Same time slot on TV Tokyo as season 1)
          Jimoto ga Japan: Monday, April 8 (This appears to be a short)
          Fruits Basket: Monday, April 8 (TV Tokyo show, and the most notable shows are on Mondays)
          Bungo Stray Dogs season 3: Wednesday, April 11 (same as first two seasons as the second show in Kadokawa block)
          Carol and Tuesday: Wednesday, April 11 (+Ultra)
          Sarazanmai: Thursday, April 12 (Noitamina, usually begins second Thursday of month)
          Attack on Titan season 3 part 2: Sunday, April 21 (Week after Forest of Piano ends on NHK)

So to break down the blocks:

Sunday (Bandai): TBD
          Sunday (Toho): Fairy Gone
          Sunday (NHK-G): Attack on Titan
          Sunday (TV Tokyo): One Punch Man 2
          Monday (TV Tokyo, 2 shows): Fruits Basket
          Tuesday (NTV, 2 shows): Chihayafuru 3, TBD
          Tuesday (TV Tokyo): TBD
          Wednesday (Kadokawa, 2 shows): The Rising of the Shield Hero, Bungo Stray Dogs 3rd Season
          Wednesday (+Ultra): Carole and Tuesday
          Thursday (Noitamina): Sarazanmai
          Thursday (TBS, 2 shows): Hoshiai no Sora, Machikado Mazoku (shows yet to be announced)
          Friday (Animeism): Senryu Girl, Ao-chan Can't Study
          Saturday (YTV): Mix
          Saturday (Aniplex, 3 shows): Demon Slayer, We Never Learn, SAO Aliciation (if split cour rumors are false) or another Aniplex title TBA

Comment

Hakuhodo DY music & pictures

- CAROLE & TUESDAY

Comment

『Fairy gone 』teaser PV via TOHO animation https://youtu.be/PMF8tjDjuEU

TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 3 Part.2 PV https://youtu.be/fJm2nD3cv_4 (no subtitles)

Comment

https://en.cf-vanguard.com/informati...ement-20190208

Cardfight!! Vanguard (2018)

Airing time will change from May 11th 2019 to...Friday Nights (UTC) / Afternoons (PST) on the official YouTube Channe! (Japanese dubbed with English subtitles)

High School Arc Cont.

- New Original Story written by Akira Ito
                - Features stories about the Miyaji Academy Cardfight Club, Kai, and Ibuki that take place after Vol.12 of the comics

Comment

Time for me to do predictions as new shows keep being announced. It's kind of hard to predict what will happen seeing that I didn't know that Crunchyroll and Funimation still had one more simulcast season left in their now-expired partnership. Crunchyroll had been going to Dallas for most of their simuldubs but with the partnership expired, that presumably means they will turn to Bang Zoom for them. In any case, this season is arguably the toughest one to predict.

* indicates confirmation
                  ^ indicates sequel or side-story to something that was licensed by that distributor, and while it's not a given that they get it, chances are more likely than not that they do.

Crunchyroll
                  *The Rising of the Shield Hero (continuing)
                  *Attack on Titan season 3 part 2
                  *Bakumatsu Crisis
                  *Bungo Stray Dogs season 3 (Simludub)
                  Ao-chan Can't Study (Simuldub)
                  Isekai Quartet (Simuldub)
                  Yu-No (Simuldub)
                  ^Cardfight! Vanguard 2019
                  ^Cinderella Girls Theater Climax Season
                  Cinderella Nine in August
                  Hoshiai no Sora
                  Jimoto ga Japan
                  Joshi Kausei
                  King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars
                  Namu Amida Butsu!: Rendai Utena
                  Mix
                  Senko-san
                  Yatogame-chan's Observation Diary
                  Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (Sunrise, with dub like with RE:0096)

Demon Slayer (Aniplex)
                  Hitori Bocchi's oo Life (Sentai)
                  Hoshiai no Sora (Sentai)
                  Koto Oto Tomare! (Sentai)
                  Nobunaga-sensei's Child Wife (Sentai)
                  Over Drive Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger (Sentai)
                  RobiHachi (Sentai)
                  Senryu Girl (Sentai)
                  We Never Learn (Aniplex)
                  Zoku Owarimonogatari (Aniplex)

Funimation/Hulu
                  *Black Clover (Simuldub, continuing)
                  *The Rising of the Shield Hero (Simuldub, continuing)
                  *Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 (Simuldub)
                  *Fruits Basket (Simuldub)
                  ^Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3 (Simuldub)
                  Fairy Gone (Simuldub)
                  Magmel of the Blue Sea (Simuldub)
                  Midnight Occult Civil Servants (Simuldub)
                  Sarazanmai (Simuldub)
                  Shomei Toshi: Where I End and You Begin (Simuldub)
                  Strike Witches: 501st Unit, Taking Off! (Simuldub)
                  Why the Hell are you here, Teacher? (Simuldub)
                  The Wise Grandson (Simuldub)
                  Demon Slayer (Aniplex)
                  We Never Learn (Aniplex)

Sentai
                  Hitori Bocchi's oo Lifestyle
                  Hoshiai no Sora
                  Koto Oto Tomare! (Dubcast)
                  Nobunaga-sensei's Child Wife
                  Over Drive Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger
                  RobiHachi (Dubcast)
                  Senryu Girl

Aniplex
                  *Demon Slayer
                  ^Zoku Owarimonogatari
                  We Never Learn

Viz
                  *One Punch Man 2

Amazon
                  *Dororo (continuing)
                  *Karakuri Circus (continuing)

Netflix
                  *7Seeds
                  *Carol and Tuesday
                  Kabukicho Sherlock

So my simulcast dub tally is as follows:
                  Funimation: 13 shows (2 of them in LA)
                  Crunchyroll: 5 shows
                  Sentai: 2 shows

Of course, more shows get added, so I'll be making changes to the list as they get announced.
                  Last edited by Buckeye; 02-28-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Premiere dates are starting to come out, and here are the first ones.

Yatogame-chan's Observational Diary: Thursday, April 4 (19:53 on AT-X, 21:55 on Tokyo MX)
                    Mix: Saturday, April 6 (17:30 on YTV)
                    Cinderella Nine in August: Sunday, April 7 (25:35 on TV Tokyo)
                    King of Prism: Monday, April 8 (25:35 on TV Tokyo)
                    Amazing Stranger: Monday, April 8 (24:00 on Tokyo MX, actual airtime TBA)
                    Nobunaga-sensei's Wife: Monday, April 8 (24:00 on Tokyo MX, actual airtime TBA)
                    Joshi Kausei: Monday, April 8 (24:00 on Tokyo MX, actual airtime TBA)

Amazing Stranger, Nobunaga-sensei, and Joshi Kausei will be the first shows in the newly-formed FutabAnime block that airs on Mondays, and all are listed at 24:00, so it remains to be seen when each of these shows will actually air. The block will feature shows that originate from manga series serialized in Futabasha magazines.

And with that, it looks like all four TV Tokyo shows have been revealed for this season, but of course more are possible as well. Cinderella Nine and King of Prism have their airdates announced, while Fruits Basket and One Punch Man 2 are the other shows coming to TV Tokyo, so with the Sunday and first Monday timeslot taken, that means that one of those two highly anticipated shows will take the second Monday timeslot and the other is in the Tuesday timeslot.

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.143546

Crunchyroll has revealed a trailer for YU-NO at the Crunchyroll Awards, and that seems to indicate that they are going to be the ones to stream this. It remains to be seen if they have the license or if they are going to stream it on the behalf of Funimation or Sentai. But nevertheless, it looks like YU-NO, a series that will run for two cours, will be coming to Crunchyroll.

Comment

Here are the next premiere date announcements

Bakumatsu Crisis: Thursday, April 4 (25:58 on TBS)
                        Yokai Watch! (2019): Friday, April 5 (17:25 on TV Tokyo)
                        Attack on Titan: Sunday, April 28 (24:10 on NHK-G)

As it turns out, the Bakumatsu sequel is going to be one of the TBS shows, and the other is probably going to be Hoshiai no Sora seeing that it was the only announced show for quite some time now until Machikado Mazoku was recently announced. And it looks like NHK will take a break before premiering the continuation of Attack on Titan as the finale of Forest of Piano is scheduled for April 14.

Comment

most curious if king of prism gets streamed and we eventually also get the movie streamed.
                          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Here is the next batch of premiere dates:

Ace of the Diamond Act II: Tuesday, April 2 (17:55 on TV Tokyo)
                            YU-NO: Tuesday, April 2 (23:00 on AT-X, Wednesday 22:00 on Tokyo MX, Wednesday 26:50 on Asahi)
                            Neko no Niagho: Tuesday, April 2 (19:30 on TV Tokyo)
                            Senryu Girl: Friday, April 5 (25:55 on MBS)
                            Ao-Chan Can't Study: Friday, April 5 (26:10 on MBS)
                            Araiya-san!: Sunday, April 7 (25:00 on Tokyo MX)
                            Carol and Tuesday: Wednesday, April 10 (24:55 on Fuji TV)
                            Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (TV): Sunday, April 28 (24:35 on NHK)
                            Zoku Owarimonogatari: Saturday, May 18 (24:00 on Tokyo MX)

As it turns out, Senryu Girl and Ao-chan are going to be half-length shows, meaning that there's one more show coming to the Animeism block this season. Carol and Tuesday is in the usual +Ultra block, while Gundam The Origin airs right after Attack on Titan does. Also, the Monogatari series will air while SAO Alicization goes on break as it was previously announced that this season is a split cour. The first half of the season will be reruns of selected Monogatari episodes while the second half is the TV version of the Zoku Owarimonogatari series. So that means it looks like Demon Slayer will air in first time slot of the Aniplex block (23:30), while We Never Learn will take the third (24:30) time slot.

Comment

Here are the next premiere dates to be announced:

Demon Slayer: Saturday, April 6 (23:30 on Tokyo MX)
                              We Never Learn: Saturday, April 6 (24:30 on Tokyo MX)
                              Strike Witches: 501st Unit Take Off!: Tuesday, April 9 (24:45 on Tokyo MX)
                              The Wise Grandson: Wednesday, April 10 (23:30 on AT-X, Thursday 23:30 on Tokyo MX)

As expected, Demon Slayer and We Never Learn are in the Saturday Aniplex block to go along with Monogatari for the three shows as SAO takes a break this season. The new Strike Witches will be a half-length show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X