• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Domestic Girlfriend

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Sentai Filmworks Makes Room for "Domestic Girlfriend" Anime Series

HOUSTON, TX, January 5, 2019 - Sentai Filmworks announced today that it acquired distribution rights to the Domestic Girlfriend anime series, based off the popular manga of the same name, for audiences in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other select territories.

Natsuo is a high school boy who is experiencing the crushing despair of unrequited love. To make matters worse, the person he is in love with is his teacher, Hina. In an attempt to lift his spirits, he attends a mixer where he meets a girl named Rui. The two sleep together, expecting never to see one another again, but fate has other plans. His life suddenly becomes more complicated when his father comes home and announces he has remarried a woman with two daughters whom Natsuo has met before: Hina and Rui!

diomedea (My Girlfriend is Shobitch, Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?) will be in charge of animation production. Shouta Ibata (Girlish Number) will direct the series with Tatsuya Takahashi (And you thought there is never a girl online?, THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS) leading series composition. The series will star Maaya Uchida (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, Gatchaman Crowds) as Rui Tachibana, Yoko Hikasa (High School DxD, No Game, No Life) as Hina Tachibana and Taku Yashiro (The Lost Village) as Natsuo Fujii.

The series will soon be available to stream on select digital outlets for the Winter 2019 simulcast season with a home video release to follow.
    Last edited by WTK; 01-05-2019, 03:20 PM.

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE GETS DOMESTIC GIRLFRIEND IN 2019

Unrequited love sucks. It REALLY sucks. Nearly everyone has experienced the pain at some point in their lives. In "Domestic Girlfriend", it's Natsuo's turn to go through it. Journey with us every Friday at 17:30 UTC starting January 11, 2019 as we peek into his life and the complications that arise.

Our friends at Sentai Filmworks has this to say about the series:

Natsuo is a high school boy who is experiencing the crushing despair of unrequited love. To make matters worse, the person he is in love with is his teacher, Hina. In an attempt to lift his spirits, he attends a mixer where he meets a girl named Rui. The two sleep together, expecting never to see one another again, but fate has other plans. His life suddenly becomes more complicated when his father comes home and announces he has remarried a woman with two daughters whom Natsuo has met before: Hina and Rui!

Territory List

* US
    * Canada
    * UK
    * Ireland
    * Australia
    * New Zealand
    * South Africa

Comment

For comparison whenever the home video release comes out...

uncensored scenes from eps 1 & 2 (NSFW):
      - http://blog.livedoor.jp/nylon66-2nd/.../55018837.html
      - https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/...explicit/?pg=X

EDIT:

Series currently has no Japan home video release. Select Japan manga volumes include digital codes to watch on PlayPic app (under DMM; also the publisher for the series).

http://domekano-anime.com/books
      - v22 (eps 1 - 3): March 15, 2019
      - v23 (eps 4 - 6): June 17, 2019
      - v24 (eps 7 - 9): September 17, 2019
      - v25 (eps 10 - 12): November 15, 2019

Last edited by WTK; 03-22-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

That's definitely something to keep in mind when the BD release comes out seeing that there's no obvious censorship in the broadcast. It's the case of the show adding those ecchi stuff with the home video release rather than have something obscuring it on TV.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
        Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Good to know. This would make me more interesting in buying this series if Sentai Filmworks releases it uncensored so I can support creators.

Comment

I just realized after reading carefully about uncensored version that I feel necessary to point out. Those were bundled with Japanese manga. I looked around and it seems that stand-alone Japanese home video has not been set yet.

When something is bundled with manga, it is usually difficult to license for U.S. home video. So there's chance that we may not get those uncensored version.

We'll see.

Comment

^ Good point. Should have clarified that more. As for the JP home video release, it's more likely to be 1 set (maybe BD-Box) instead 2+.

Comment

Originally posted by jakewil85 View Post
                I just realized after reading carefully about uncensored version that I feel necessary to point out. Those were bundled with Japanese manga. I looked around and it seems that stand-alone Japanese home video has not been set yet.

When something is bundled with manga, it is usually difficult to license for U.S. home video. So there's chance that we may not get those uncensored version.

We'll see.
                That is correct. It's important to point out that Domestic Girlfriend is not being released on disc in Japan.
                The manga releases this year bundle codes to watch the uncut episodes on an app called PlayPic, and that's the only way to buy the anime in Japan.

So, unless there are plans of a disc release announced in Japan sometime in the future (the anime's official site doesn't even have a section for Blu-ray or DVD) then presumably, Sentai Filmworks' future home video release may be the first disc release of this series in the world.

We can only hope they'll be able to use the uncut footage.

Comment

Sounds like Fairy Tail 2014 but with vouchers included instead of DVDs.

What a mess...
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/s...76082000764928
                    y'all ready for more ~spiciness~? stay tuned for more info on our newest DUBCAST edition.

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/1129960117766639621
                    Announced at the @HIDIVEofficial 18+ panel- Domestic Girlfriend dub coming soon to HiDive! #ACen2019
                    Last edited by WTK; 05-19-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

There was never any question that this show would be dubbed, though I was expecting it to happen sooner. In any case, given the packed schedule in Houston that it makes sense to wait until the end of the season so that the recording schedule can be done the same way as with the way they have done things in the past.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                      Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Domestic Girlfriend DUBCAST Trailer

Comment

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE REVEALS THE "DOMESTIC GIRLFRIEND" DUB RELEASE DATE!

The wait is almost over! Mark your calendars for Friday, September 13, 2019, at 23:00 UTC because that's when HIDIVE will release the DUBCASTSM Edition for ALL 12 episodes of "Domestic Girlfriend" (Domestic na Kanojo)! You heard us right: You'll be able to watch the ENTIRE "Domestic Girlfriend" dub all at once. Let the debate over who's Best Girl commence!

Our fellow romantics over at Sentai Filmworks have this to say about the series:

"Natsuo is a high schooler experiencing the crushing despair of unrequited love towards his teacher, Hina. In an attempt to lift his spirits, he attends a mixer where he meets a girl named Rui. The two sleep together, expecting never to see one another again, but fate has other plans. His life suddenly becomes more complicated when his father comes home and announces he has remarried a woman with two daughters whom Natsuo has met before: Hina and Rui!"

Territory List

* The United States & Canada (US, GU, PR, AS, MP, VI, CA, PW, FM, MH)
                          * The United Kingdom (GB, AI, SH, BM, AQ, IO, VG, KY, FK, GI, MS, PN, TC, GS)
                          * Ireland (IE)
                          * South Africa (ZA)
                          * Latin America (AR, BZ, BO, BR, CL, CO, CR, CU, DO, EC, SV, GY, GP, GT, HT, HN, MQ, MX, NI, PA, PY, BL, MF, SR, UY, VE, PE)
                          * Portugal (PT)
                          * Spain (ES)
                          * Australia (AU)
                          * New Zealand (NZ)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...