Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / AESIR Holdings March 2019 Solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / AESIR Holdings March 2019 Solicitations

Widgets Magazine
    via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

AESIR Holdings

Saiyuki (TV): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1250 minutes - $59.98 - 3/26/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Maiden Japan

Armored Trooper Votoms: TV Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1630 minutes - $49.98 - 3/12/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
    Japanese with English subtitles

Special Features: Uoodo; Kummen; Sunsa; Quent; Stories of the "A.T. VOTOMS"; Highlights from the "A.T. VOTOMS"
    ^ 6 compilation movies:
    - Armored Trooper Votoms Recaps (Uoodo, Kummen, Sunsa, Quent)
    - Armored Trooper Votoms Vol.1 Stories of the 'A.T. Votoms'
    - Armored Trooper Votoms Vol.2 Highlights of the 'A.T. Votoms'

Sentai Filmworks

Damepri Anime Caravan: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 3/19/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ete-collection
    Japanese with English subtitles

Hakumei and Mikochi: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $69.98- 3/19/19
    Mitsuboshi Colors: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 3/26/19

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES MARCH SLATE

Hakumei & Mikochi Available March 19th

HOUSTON, December 6, 2018 - Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its March slate of releases which includes Sentai Filmworks fantasy adventure series Hakumei & Mikochi, available on Blu-ray March 19th.

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming March 2019

Title: TOKYO LIVING DEAD IDOL BLU-RAY
    Published by: Kraken Releasing
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 83 min.
    Street Date: 3/5/2019
    Format: BD
    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $19.98

SYNOPSIS: Tokyo 27-ku's the hottest pop group around, but when singer Kamiya Miku (Nana Asakawa) gets bitten by a zombie, she goes from being on top of the charts to the top of the most wanted lists! With just 72 hours until the sizzling chanteuse becomes a shuffling zombie, Miku's only hope is finding a serum that might possibly cure her. Unfortunately, if Miku can't reach the antidote in time, she's going to transform from songbird to a dead bird singing in the middle of the night, and evading paparazzi and zealous fans is nothing compared to being pursued by teams of professional zombie hunters, the police and hordes of the living dead! From life in the fast lane to racing through the hot zone, becoming a zombie can totally bite when you're the TOKYO LIVING DEAD IDOL!

Title: ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS TV BLU-RAY
    Published by: Maiden Japan
    Run Time: 1630 min.
    Street Date: 3/12/2019
    SRP: $49.98

SYNOPSIS: VOTOMS (Vertical One-man Tanks for Offense & ManeuverS) units are light and maneuverable on the battlefield, but in the hundred-year war between Gilgamesh and Balarant, they've essentially become expendable cannon fodder and pawns to be sacrificed. The right pawn in the right place can change the course of the game forever, and when VOTOMS pilot Chirico Cuvie is mysteriously transferred from his elite unit to a top secret mission behind his own side's lines, he quickly learns that something is very wrong. Betrayed and branded a traitor, Chirico finds himself on the run from both sides as he seeks to unravel the truth behind the conspiracy and learn the secret behind the beautiful woman who seems to hold the key. Universally hailed as one of the greatest anime of all time, this is the launch of ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS!

Title: DAMEPRI ANIME CARAVAN BLU-RAY
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Run Time: 300 min.
    Street Date: 3/19/2019
    SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Diplomatic relationships can often be trying, but when Princess Ani of Inaco is sent to the signing of a peace treaty, she finds more parties at the negotiating table than expected?. and since the others are all princes (or other high-ranking members of the male gender), it seems that one of the major assets in play in this game of thrones is her royal self! What makes it worse is that despite the lopsided Prince to Princess ratio, none of the misfit peerage involved are exactly Prince Charming her off her feet! Between dealing with the Prince who won't come out of his room and the one who's already passionately in love (with himself), and her mother's apparent matchmaking machinations, this Princess may soon be hoping for a dragon to rescue her in DAMEPRI ANIME CARAVAN!

Title: HAKUMEI & MIKOCHI BLU-RAY
    Run Time: 325 min.
    Street Date: 3/19/2019
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: Hakumei and Mikochi are two small girls who live together in a tiny house in the great big forest. In fact, their house is so tiny that it all fits inside just one tree! But that's fine because Hakumei and Mikochi are only 3.5 inches tall, so their tree is as big to them as a skyscraper is to normal people! They're not the only tiny people living in their community either, and when Hakumei and Mikochi aren't out exploring, they like to spend their time visiting their neighbors, some of whom are other small folk like the inventor Sen and Konju the songstress, while others are beetles, squirrels and even a big scary owl who is definitely not friendly! For a whole new perspective on life, come look at the world from a different angle with HAKUMEI AND MIKOCHI!

Title: MITSUBOSHI COLORS BLU-RAY
    Run Time: 300 min.
    Street Date: 3/26/2019
    SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: This world has lots of problems, but after doing grown-up things all day, adults never have the time or energy to fix them! Kids, on the other hand, have LOTS of energy and lots more free time as well. That's why Yui, Sat-chan and Kotoha, three elementary school girls who live in Ueno, have formed COLORS, a secret organization that protects their town from whatever real or imagined menace happens to catch their attention. A monster cat who's also a cat burglar? They're on the case! A horrible surplus of bananas? They'll sell the case! And a bomb that needs diffusing? Well, they might need a little help on that one, just in case! The local cop might think they're a nuisance, but everyone else can sleep better tonight knowing these three heroines are saving the world in MITSUBOSHI COLORS!

Title: SAIYUKI BLU-RAY
    Published by: AESIR Holdings
    Run Time: 1250 min.
    Street Date: 3/26/2019
    SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Once demonkind and man lived together in harmony. But when a band of rogue demonic forces seeks to resurrect a diabolical monster, a dark spiritual energy begins to cover the land. Now, it's up to a renegade priest, a monkey king, a lecherous water sprite and a sympathetic demon to stop the resurrection and return harmony to a dangerous land. Enter the world of Saiyuki! A unique universe of beauty and betrayal. Where sacred scrolls battle enchanted weaponry and where dragons can transform into jeeps. A land where four reluctant heroes are just as concerned about having a good time, a stiff drink, and a beautiful woman as they are about saving the world.
    Last edited by WTK; 12-09-2018, 01:45 AM.

Small slate, which has become the norm for Sentai. It is disappointing to have no new LE for March; Haykyu S3 would have been ideal. And Buckeye was right in calling a dub for Hakumei and Mikochi.

Comment

Pretty solid month here, and Hakumei and Mikochi was the show that had the greatest chance of getting dubbed from their tiny winter lineup that marked their first season after ending their partnership with Amazon. Of course, Takunomi and Mitsuboshi Colors would end up getting dubs as well. Mitsuboshi Colors is a fun series, but I never thought that it would get dubbed knowing that these kinds of shows just aren't marketable, so that certainly was great to hear when Sentai made that surprising announcement back at AX. It's also great to see Saiyuki back. Now they just need to get the Reload and Gunlock series that Dentsu denied ADV the opportunity to license and instead give it to Geneon instead as that show has been OOP for quite a long time now.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
      Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Another month, another "where is scryed?" post from me. I'm pretty close to just giving up lol.
        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

First post updated.

Comment

100% stuff I have 0% interest in. I hope for much more exciting months from Sentai for their unconfirmed but very likely partnership with Crunchyroll. Especially since Crunchyroll has gotten some later seasons of Sentai series, including some that the latter had done fancy premium collections for, so it'll be nice if those releases can resume before long.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Hakumei and Mikochi and Mitsuboshi Colors are on my wish list, I'll pre-order those.

Comment

Mitsuboshi Colors is the main title on my list.
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                  I hope for much more exciting months from Sentai for their unconfirmed but very likely partnership with Crunchyroll. Especially since Crunchyroll has gotten some later seasons of Sentai series, including some that the latter had done fancy premium collections for, so it'll be nice if those releases can resume before long.
                  I am wondering if said disc distribution partnership will indeed materialize. I could see Sentai being able to release "shared" titles like Food Wars Third Plate and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!, but by the time Funimation finishes releasing Crunchyroll stuff (I imagine in early 2020), the latter could have its own distribution company by then.

Comment

Nothing in that line-up even remotely in my comfort zone - it'll be an extremely cheap month for me!
                    Girls With Guns Avatar: None. Too minuscule to bother with.

Comment

Will be buying Votoms, another great SD-BD deal from Maiden Japan. Will hopefully add Hakumei and Mikochi to the collection as well as I loved that show.
                      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X