Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / ADV Films February 2019 Solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / ADV Films February 2019 Solicitations

Widgets Magazine
    via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

ADV Films

Kino's Journey: Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 2/26/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
    Special Features: Production Sketches; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Maiden Japan

Space Runaway Ideon (TV + Movies): Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 1158 minutes - $69.98 - 2/5/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ete-collection
    Contains anime episodes 1-39 and movies The Ideon: A Contact a movie compilation and The Ideon: Be Invoked the sequel all directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino

Japanese with English subtitles

Special Features: Japanese Promos

Sentai Filmworks

Just Because!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 2/26/19
    Special Features: Special Leaflet Comic; Japanese Commercials; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    My Girlfriend is Shobitch: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 275 minutes - $69.98 - 2/12/19
    Special Features: Japanese Preview & Promos; Fat Load of Dirty Jokes Character Commentary Theater; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Parasyte -the maxim-: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 600 minutes - $89.98 - 2/19/19
    Speical Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY SLATE

Just Because Available February 26th

HOUSTON, November 15, 2018 – Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its February slate of releases which includes Sentai Filmworks television series Just Because, available on Blu-ray February 26th.

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming February 2019

Title: SPACE RUNAWAY IDEON BLU-RAY
    Published by: Maiden Japan
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 1158 min.
    Street Date: 2/5/2019
    Format: BD
    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: When Earth archaeologists on the planet Solo dig up a set of strange vehicles, they have no idea that they've unearthed something that will change the course of mankind. Even more shocking is the discovery that a SECOND human race called the Buff Clan is also seeking the mechs! A deadly competition ensues as the two races battle to secure the secrets of what the Buff Clan calls the "Ide". While the fight initially favors the Buff Clan, everything changes when young Cosmo Yuki and his friends accidentally power up the ancient machines that form the most powerful robot the universe has ever seen! But even with the Ideon defending them, the return to Earth won't be easy, and there's a long hard journey filled with combat and sacrifice ahead in SPACE RUNAWAY IDEON!

Title: MY GIRLFRIEND IS SHOBITCH BLU-RAY
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Run Time: 275 min.
    Street Date: 2/12/2019
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles

SYNOPSIS: When Haruka asks his classmate Akiho to go out with him, he's hoping that she'll say 'yes'. What he isn't expecting is for her to agree, then approach their relationship with an emotionally detached attitude as if she was writing a research paper with sex as the topic! It's all about maximizing compatibility, Akiho says, but when preparation for a first date requires Haruka to divulge a comprehensive list of his sexual fetishes in advance for planning purposes, perhaps there's something to be said for getting to know each other the old-fashioned way! And if Akiho's clinical approach isn't awkward enough, things get really weird when it's time to meet the parents and Haruka learns where Akiho's odd demeanor comes from! It's the romantic comedy where T.M.I. and A-Type personalities collide in MY GIRLFRIEND IS SHOBITCH!

Title: PARASYTE ~ THE MAXIM ~ COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Run Time: 600 min.
    Street Date: 2/19/2019
    SRP: $89.98

SYNOPSIS: They’re the perfect killing machines, blending invisibly into human civilization by taking the form of their last victim. For Shinichi Izumi, infected with a deadly parasitic organism that’s determined to devour his brain and turn his body into the Earth’s new apex predator, they’re the ultimate nightmare. But instead of being consumed, Shinichi manages to partially foil the attack, leaving him with the parasyte known as Migi taking the place of his right hand. Now forced to share the same body, the two must become unwilling allies. Because Migi isn’t the only one of his kind, and unless they work together, they’ll both be killed as abominations. Prepare yourself for a horrifying new world where monsters lurk behind every corner and every face as the human race becomes prey in PARASYTE ~ THE MAXIM ~ THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!

Title: KINO'S JOURNEY BLU-RAY
    Published by: ADV Films
    Run Time: 325 min.
    Street Date: 2/26/2019
    SRP: $49.98

SYNOPSIS: Three days. Two nights. That's how much time Kino and Hermes allot to each new place they visit before drifting off again, crossing a mysterious land filled with mystical sights and strange customs. Kino's an enigmatic loner, skilled with weapons and always anticipating what might lie around the next hill or bend of the river. Hermes is Kino's friend, companion, and motorcycle, gifted with the ability to think and speak, seldom as bold as Kino, but always there when speed is required. What is their goal, their ultimate destination? Like life itself, it's all a mystery that one can only solve by taking the journey. All Kino and Hermes know is that adventure, danger, and new wonders lie on the horizon, waiting to be encountered at each passing stop. Join the odyssey and drift along for the ride in KINO'S JOURNEY!

Title: JUST BECAUSE BLU-RAY
    Run Time: 300 min.
    Street Date: 2/26/2019

SYNOPSIS: It's the last semester of high school and graduation is finally in sight for Haruto Soma and Mio Natsume. All they have to do now is keep studying and avoid any major drama until they get their diplomas. Unfortunately, that plan is completely derailed by the reappearance of their mutual friend Eita Izumi, who moved away four years ago and has suddenly transferred back. Now things are a bit awkward for all three. They're not the same people they were in middle school, and reconnecting will mean addressing old issues and unresolved feelings. It won't be easy; it could be painful. And the results will change not only their futures, but those of their fellow students, as fate proves that it can alter the course of a lifetime in a single instant in JUST BECAUSE!
    Last edited by WTK; 11-15-2018, 09:48 PM.

pretty weak month. Still no Tricool?
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Kino's Journey on Blu-ray? Nice.
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Quick note...Kino's Journey is on SD Blu-ray.

Comment

Probably just Ideon now that they got the HD remaster, maybe Parasyte since I never picked that up and enjoyed parts of what I saw on Toonami. Like 27CansOfTuna said, pretty weak month overall. Still no s-CRY-ed? This has to be some sort of record.
          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

I don't see the point of doing Kino's on a SD BD other than having 1 disc instead of 3.
            My Anime List
            YouTube <- I do collection Videos
            Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

I expected to see some Crunchyroll stuff in here. Perhaps they could be announced at Anime NYC. I have the Parasyte LE's, but I am thinking in getting this complete collection to have it all in one convenient package.

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
              I don't see the point of doing Kino's on a SD BD other than having 1 disc instead of 3.
              That seems like a good enough reason to me.

Comment

Pretty weak release slate, but then again they are at a point where they cut back on licensing after their partnership with Amazon ended following the Fall 2017 season.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
                Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I might swap out my Kino DVDs for SDBDs. Other than that, nothing. I have the Parasyte LEs.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Lossless audio and better compression. It might be progressive too but that's a wait and see.
                    DVD/BD collection
                    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                      Probably just Ideon now that they got the HD remaster, maybe Parasyte since I never picked that up and enjoyed parts of what I saw on Toonami. Like 27CansOfTuna said, pretty weak month overall. Still no s-CRY-ed? This has to be some sort of record.
                      IKR I've been waiting on Betterman and s-CRY-ed since they were announced they would be instant buys for me. They are the only two Bandi series I don't have that I wanted.

Comment

2003 digipaint show with no upscaled Blu-ray in Japan plus they can cash in on the not-as-good 2017 series.
                        Last edited by NJ_; 11-15-2018, 07:18 PM.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

First post / info finally updated.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...