• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Run with the Wind

Widgets Magazine
    Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sentai Filmworks Catches "Run with the Wind" Anime Series

HOUSTON, TX, October 30, 2018 - Sentai Filmworks announced today that it acquired the distribution rights to "Run with the Wind" for audiences in the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia and other select territories. "Run with the Wind" is based on the light novel, "Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru" (or "Feel the Wind" in English) by award-winning author Shion Miura.

Kakeru is a former elite runner in high school who finds himself down on his luck. After being chased for stealing food, he's saved by Haiji, a Kansei University student and a fellow runner. Having nowhere else to go, Kakeru is convinced by Haiji to move into a dormitory with eight other strangers. Before Kakeru is even settled in his new home, Haiji announces his ambitious plans to enter all ten of them into one of the most prominent university relay marathons in Japan, the Hakone Ekiden. There?s just one small problem: with the exception of Haiji and Kakeru, none of the residents have ever run competitively before.

Kazuya Nomura (Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie, Black Fox) directs the series. Takahiro Chiba (Kamichu!, Occult Academy) is in charge of character design with Yuki Hayashi (Haikyu!!), My Hero Academia) over music.

The series will soon be available to stream on select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.

Series is streaming @ https://www.crunchyroll.com/run-with-the-wind

Publisher is NTV: http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018...-the-wind.html (23 episodes)

Comment

Sentai is doing much better this season ever since Amazon pulled the plug on Anime Strike. They picked up two more shows, and seeing that Mr. Tonegawa is a similar position that I think this was licensed under similar conditions. In any case, it's a great pickup for them as sports shows are one of the things Production I.G is one of the best at making. Now that Crunchyroll is no longer siding with Funimation that it opens the door for Sentai to get home video licenses for shows that are streaming there without a home video deal.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
      Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Sentai has a good relationship with NTV anyway, but I have been looking at them as Crunchyroll's potential next home video partner after the Funimation deal ends. It would especially be beneficial for the later seasons of Sentai shows that Crunchyroll already has. Of course, we'll just end up with the same situation for later seasons of Funimation shows, but hopefully they work that out. Anyway, this still appears to be a true Sentai license, but I'm still hopeful.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
          Sentai has a good relationship with NTV anyway, but I have been looking at them as Crunchyroll's potential next home video partner after the Funimation deal ends. It would especially be beneficial for the later seasons of Sentai shows that Crunchyroll already has. Of course, we'll just end up with the same situation for later seasons of Funimation shows, but hopefully they work that out. Anyway, this still appears to be a true Sentai license, but I'm still hopeful.
          Crunchyroll did buy the master license of a NTV title recently - "Poco's Udon World". (So the title falls under Crunchyroll/Funimation deal, and Funimation decide to release it in digital only.)

http://www.fandompost.com/2018/10/30...on-purchasing/

Comment

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE Achieves Runner's Euphoria Alongside "Run With The Wind"

HOUSTON, TX, October 30, 2018 - HIDIVE announced today that it acquired streaming rights to "Run With the Wind" for the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other select territories. HIDIVE subscribers can watch the premiere on November 1, 2018 at 16:59 UTC with subsequent episodes released every Thursday.

Kakeru is a former elite runner in high school who finds himself down on his luck. After being chased for stealing food, he's saved by Haiji, a Kansei University student and a fellow runner. Having nowhere else to go, Kakeru is convinced by Haiji to move into a dormitory with eight other strangers. Before Kakeru is even settled in his new home, Haiji announces his ambitious plans to enter all ten of them into one of the most prominent university relay marathons in Japan, the Hakone Ekiden. There's just one small problem: with the exception of Haiji and Kakeru, none of the residents have ever run competitively before.

Comment

Interesting move.

If CR and Sentai do indeed re-partner up, I wonder if subbed late casts in HIDIVE would be a good strategy to make the service less useless if CR is going to have all the same day simulcasts.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X