X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] Winter 2019 anime lineup

Widgets Magazine
    Winter series with approximate/planned Japan broadcast dates [subject to change]:

Lineup Pages:
    - http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup
    - https://www.funimation.com/simuldubs

Anime Charts:
    - http://anichart.net/winter-2019
    - http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/seasons/upcoming
    - https://www.livechart.me/winter-2019/tv

Confirmed
    - Real Girl Season 2 | TBA (home video license: Sentai Filmworks)
    - Revisions | Netflix (delayed?)
    - The Rising of the Shield Hero | Crunchyroll

Dome x Kano, Dororo 2019, Kemurikusa (may just be Japan), The Promised Neverland | Amazon Prime Video (TBC)

Kakegurui 2nd Season, Piano no Mori 2nd Season | Netflix (TBC / delayed) ???

::: to be updated :::
    Last edited by WTK; 10-14-2018, 08:10 PM.

For this season, Amazon will have The Promised Neverland (Noitamina), Domestic Girlfriend (One of two Animeism shows), Kemurikusa, and Dororo in addition to the continuing series Karakuri Circus. Netflix has Revisions and the sequels to Kakegurui and Forest of Piano. Crunchyroll is going to get Rising of the Shield Hero, Mob Psycho 100 II, and Morose Mononokean season 2. Sentai will be getting the Bang Dream! and Real Girl sequels. There are five Aniplex shows this season with Demon Slayer, Kaguya-sama: Love is War, B-Project season 2, and The Promised Neverland along with the continuing SAO Alicization, and they somewhat confirmed that they have licensed Demon Slayer and Promised Neverland, but it isn't official. In due time, Aniplex is probably going to license Kaguya-sama, while I'm not expecting them to touch B-Project. Right now, there are still lots more shows that have yet to be announced.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      For this season, Amazon will have The Promised Neverland (Noitamina), Domestic Girlfriend (One of two Animeism shows), Kemurikusa, and Dororo in addition to the continuing series Karakuri Circus. Netflix has Revisions and the sequels to Kakegurui and Forest of Piano. Crunchyroll is going to get Rising of the Shield Hero, Mob Psycho 100 II, and Morose Mononokean season 2. Sentai will be getting the Bang Dream! and Real Girl sequels. There are five Aniplex shows this season with Demon Slayer, Kaguya-sama: Love is War, B-Project season 2, and The Promised Neverland along with the continuing SAO Alicization, and they somewhat confirmed that they have licensed Demon Slayer and Promised Neverland, but it isn't official. In due time, Aniplex is probably going to license Kaguya-sama, while I'm not expecting them to touch B-Project. Right now, there are still lots more shows that have yet to be announced.
      Is CR really still getting Mob Psycho 100 II?
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post

Is CR really still getting Mob Psycho 100 II?
        Buckeye wrote that before the Crunchyroll/Funimation news, but Mob Psycho 100 was always a Crunchyroll license. It was early enough that Funimation didn't even dub it; they just released it. The only question is who will be taking over that role, but that question exists for a lot of titles. Could be Sentai given the HIDIVE/VRV partnership, but I'm not going to count on that at this point.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

While the season's slate of shows is still growing, some premiere dates are already coming out. Here are the first of them.

The Cost of Smiles: Friday, January 4 (WOWOW at 21:30)
          W'z: Saturday, January 5 (MBS at 26:38)
          Kemono Friends season 2: Monday, January 7 (TV Tokyo at 26:05)
          Rainy Cocoa Side G: Tuesday, January 8 (Tokyo MX at 21:55)

Here's a quick rundown of all the blocks this season and what shows are potentially going to be there:

Bandai Visual (Sunday): TBA
          Toho (Sunday): TBA
          NHK-General (Sunday): Forest of Piano season 2
          AnichU on NTV (Tuesday): Run with the Wind (continuing), Real Girl season 2
          Kadokawa (Wednesday): Two shows between The Rising of the Shield Hero, Girly Air Force, Boogiepop and Others, Date A Live III, and other shows yet TBA
          +Ultra on Fuji TV (Wednesday): Revisions
          Noitamina on Fuji TV (Thursday): The Promised Neverland
          Animerico on TBS (Thursday): Grimms Notes. Quintessential Quintuplets
          Animeism on MBS (Friday): Domestic Girlfriend, one other show TBA
          Aniplex (Saturday): SAO Alicization (continuing), Kaguya-sama, B-Project season 2 (those are the only other Aniplex shows airing this season)
          Anime Shower on MBS (Saturday): W'z, SAO Alicization (continuing), one other show TBA
          TV Tokyo Late Night (one on Sunday, two on Monday, one on Tuesday): Captain Tsubasa (Monday), Kemono Friends season 2 (Monday), Osomatsu-san (Tuesday, rebroadcast), one more show TBA for Sunday (Boogipop and Others is the favorite)

And now, I do my usual airdate predictions for shows this season.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War: Saturday, January 5 or 12 (Aniplex block)
          B-Project season 2: Saturday, January 5 or 12 (Aniplex block)
          Kakegurui XX: Saturday, January 5 or 12 (Same day as season 1)
          The Morose Mononokean season 2: Sunday, January 6 (Same day as season 1)
          Boogiepop and Others: Sunday, January 6 (Original Boogiepop Phantom series was on TV Tokyo, so it's possible this series is also on the block)
          Mob Psycho 100 II: Monday, January 7 (Same day as season 1)
          Real Girl season 2: Tuesday, January 8 (AnichU)
          Girly Air Force: Wednesday, January 9 (Kadokawa block based on what has been announced)
          The Rising of a Shield Hero: Wednesday, January 9 (Kadokawa block based on what has been announced)
          Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.: Wednesday, January 9 (Asahi is one of the stations it's on, which airs anime on Wednesdays)
          Revisions: Wedneday, January 9 or 16 (+Ultra block, which is on Wednesdays)
          The Promised Neverland: Thursday, January 10 (Noitamina)
          Grimms Notes: Thursday, January 10 (TBS)
          The Quintessential Quintuplets: Thursday, January 10 (TBS)
          Date A Live III: Friday, January 11 (Same day as other DAL seasons)
          Domestic Girlfriend: Friday, January 11 (Animeism)
          Dororo: Friday, January 11 (Possibly the other Animeism show since Amazon has the streaming rights)
          Forest of Piano season 2: Sunday, January 14 (NHK-G)
          Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

NTV

- The Price of Smiles (Egao no Daika) | EDIT: 12 eps.
            Last edited by WTK; 11-02-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

With this season seeing a huge facelift in light of Sony ordering Funimation to terminate their partnership with Crunchyroll, as well as Sentai replacing them in this partnership from the look of things, there is a lot that I still don't know about, and in particular how simuldubbing is going to be handled moving forward (and in particular, if Crunchyroll will be turning to Dallas for new shows with their dubs). Seeing that I now need a different indicator for a simuldub now that Funi and CR are going their separate ways that I'm not exactly sure what will happen moving forward. While Funimation has announced their plan moving forward, I'm still waiting to hear from Crunchyroll and Sentai about what they plan to do in lieu of this news. So I'll be making these assumptions:
              • All shows continuing from the fall season will continue to stream subbed on Crunchyroll and dubbed on Funimation.
              • All content licensed by Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Sentai (HIDIVE) will be streaming on their respective services, both subs and whatever shows get dubbed.
              • Funimation will continue to provide dubs for Crunchyroll for the sequels and continuing shows.

* indicates confirmation
              ^ indicates a sequel that's expected to be with whoever has the previous season.
              blue indicates show is getting dubbed during its broadcast (may or may not be confirmed at this time)

Crunchyroll
              *Ace Attorney season 2 (continuing)
              *A Certain Magical Index III (continuing)
              *Black Clover (continuing)
              *Fairy Tail Final Season (continuing)
              *Hinomaru Sumo (continuing)
              *Run With the Wind (continuing)
              *Sword Art Online: Alicization (continuing)
              *That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (continuing)
              *The Rising of a Shield Hero
              ^B-Project: Climax*Emotion
              ^BanG Dream! season 2
              ^Kemono Friends 2
              ^Mob Psycho 100 II (probably will be simuldubbed for spring season)
              ^The Morose Mononokean season 2
              Circlet Princess (Sentai)
              Colorful Pastrale
              Dimension High School (Sentai)
              Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. (Sentai)
              Endro! (Sentai)
              Flying Babies
              Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Aniplex)
              Kotobuki Squadron in the Wilderness (Sentai)
              Meiji Tokyo Renka
              Mysteria Friends (Sentai)
              Near Death!! Ekoda-chan
              Pastel Memories
              The Price of a Smile (Sentai)
              The Quintessential Quintuplets (Sentai)
              Rainy Cocoa Side G
              Real Girl season 2 (Sentai)
              Wataten: An Angel has Descended Before Me

Funimation
              *Radiant (continuing)
              ^Date A Live III
              Boogiepop and Others
              Dimension High School
              Girly Air Force
              Grimms Notes
              Ikki Tousen: Western Wolves
              Kotobuki Squadron in the Wilderness

W'z

Sentai/HIDIVE
              *Real Girl season 2
              *Mysteria Friends
              ^BanG Dream! season 2
              Circlet Princess
              Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.
              Endro!
              The Price of a Smile
              The Quintessential Quintuplets

Aniplex of America
              Kaguya-sama: Love is War
              The Promised Neverland

Amazon
              *Karakuri Circus (continuing)
              *Domestic Girlfriend (Animeism)
              *Dororo
              *Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (Animeism)
              The Promised Neverland (Noitamina, but their deal is reportedly expiring)
              Kemurikusa (Amazon exclusive confirmed in Japan only at this time)

Netflix
              *Kakegurui XX
              *Revisions
              ^Forest of Piano season 2

As always, I will update my predictions as information becomes available up until licenses start coming in as new shows are added and publisher information comes in.
              Last edited by Buckeye; 11-23-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                With this season seeing a huge facelift in light of Sony ordering Funimation to terminate their partnership with Crunchyroll, as well as Sentai replacing them in this partnership from the look of things, there is a lot that I still don't know about, and in particular how simuldubbing is going to be handled moving forward (and in particular, if Crunchyroll will be turning to Dallas for new shows with their dubs). Seeing that I now need a different indicator for a simuldub now that Funi and CR are going their separate ways that I'm not exactly sure what will happen moving forward. While Funimation has announced their plan moving forward, I'm still waiting to hear from Crunchyroll and Sentai about what they plan to do in lieu of this news. So I'll be making these assumptions:
                • All shows continuing from the fall season will continue to stream subbed on Crunchyroll and dubbed on Funimation.
                • All content licensed by Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Sentai (HIDIVE) will be streaming on their respective services, both subs and whatever shows get dubbed.
                • Funimation will continue to provide dubs for Crunchyroll for the sequels and continuing shows.

* indicates confirmation
                ^ indicates a sequel that's expected to be with whoever has the previous season.
                blue indicates show is getting dubbed during its broadcast (may or may not be confirmed at this time)

Crunchyroll
                *Run With the Wind (continuing)
                *That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (continuing)
                *The Rising of a Shield Hero
                ^B-Project: Climax*Emotion
                ^BanG Dream! season 2
                ^Kemono Friends 2
                ^Mob Psycho 100 II (probably will be simuldubbed for spring season)
                ^The Morose Mononokean season 2
                Colorful Pastrale
                Dimension High School (Sentai)
                Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. (Sentai)
                Endro! (Sentai)
                Flying Babies
                Grimms Notes
                Kotobuki Squadron in the Wilderness (Sentai)
                Meiji Tokyo Renka
                Near Death!! Ekoda-chan
                Pastel Memories
                The Price of a Smile (Sentai)
                The Quintessential Quintuplets (Sentai)
                Rainy Cocoa Side G
                Real Girl season 2 (Sentai)
                Wataten: An Angel has Descended Before Me

Funimation
                *Radiant (continuing)
                ^Date A Live III
                Boogiepop and Others
                Girly Air Force
                Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka
                Manaria Friends
                W'z

Sentai/HIDIVE
                *Real Girl season 2
                ^BanG Dream! season 2
                The Price of a Smile
                Dimension High School
                Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.
                Endro!
                Kotobuki Squadron in the Wilderness
                The Quintessential Quintuplets

Aniplex of America
                Kaguya-sama: Love is War
                The Promised Neverland (home video only)

Amazon
                *Karakuri Circus (continuing)
                *Domestic Girlfriend (Animeism)
                *Dororo
                *The Promised Neverland (Noitamina)
                Kemurikusa (Amazon exclusive confirmed in Japan only at this time)

Netflix
                *Revisions
                ^Forest of Piano season 2
                ^Kakegurui XX

As always, I will update my predictions as information becomes available up until licenses start coming in as new shows are added and publisher information comes in.
                I dont know if we should expect that, Funi has not dubbed shows 2nd seasons before, example, Saiki Kusuo s2.
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Yeah, there's no guarantee, but more likely than not Funi will dub sequels that belong to them. As such, that's why I have a different indicator for sequels as while more often than not sequels end up in the same place as the previous season, it's possible that someone else ends up with it. If by chance it doesn't happen, it won't be a lack for trying. As I have said, this season is going to be very tough to predict, more so than recent seasons, because of the big changes happening.

Comment

Rule breaker?
                    Wakanim DE announced The Promised Neverland as exclusive: https://twitter.com/WakanimDe/status...21824109314048
                    So the deal between noitaminA and Amazon is over?
                    Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.

Comment

God I hope so. The less Amazon gets the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorlax View Post
                        Rule breaker?
                        Wakanim DE announced The Promised Neverland as exclusive: https://twitter.com/WakanimDe/status...21824109314048
                        So the deal between noitaminA and Amazon is over?
                        does that mean a no on Crunchyroll?

Comment

We don't know what it means yet. Could be that exceptions to Amazon-exclusive streaming were carved out for Wakanim, could mean that the noitaminA deal has ended outside Japan, we won't fully know what's going on until someone says something.

Comment

Wakanim is only present in europe (and Russia).
                            For the US it will be a Aniplex titles, wich mean Crunchyroll and probably FunimationNow for streaming.
                            The deal between NoitanimA/Fuji TV and Amazon is ending in January 2019.

Comment

An interesting development that is. On the webpage for Noitamina shows since the deal was forged, it said that it was streaming exclusively there in Japan and around the world. However, looking more closely for The Promised Neverland, it doesn't mention territories this time around. If so, that means The Promised Neverland is going to be licensed by Aniplex of America and streaming in Crunchyroll, Funimation Now, and everywhere else Aniplex of America can get their stuff on, and while it should also be coming to Amazon, it's there non-exclusively. Aniplex generally balks at licensing shows they don't have control of the streaming rights for because of their business model, and while they did it with Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra that are on Netflix, those are exceptions to the rule because they are parts of a well-established megafranchise. Not so much with Re:Creators, Saekano Flat, or Magi: Adventure of Sinbad.

Anyway, we should learn more soon if the deal between Noitamina and Amazon is ending, taking a break for this season, or is only continuing in Japan seeing that the exclusiveness is not in effect someplace where it had been in effect.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X