Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] New This Week: Releases for the Week of October 2nd, 2018

Widgets Magazine
    In accordance to the U.S. Anime Releases thread, the following poll lists the releases that are officially scheduled to street this week. Please select the item(s) you are planning to buy this week, have on order, will receive as a crowdfunding reward, won in a contest, or have already bought. If you don't plan to have any of the above titles this week but are planning to get at least one of them later on, select "I'm planning to/will buy at least one of the releases at some point". Otherwise, select "None of the above".

If you have made a mistake in voting or bought something else on this week's slate after voting, please leave a post with the corrections you would like made.

---

Last week...

Pick of the Week for September 25th is a tie between Brave Witches: Complete Collection (Blu-ray/DVD), Princess Principal (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray), and Scum's Wish: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) with 4 votes.

---

Hall of Fame: (of 17 votes)

Princess Principal (TV): Complete Collection - 41.18%
    - Blu-ray LE (17.65%)
    - Blu-ray (23.53%).

Brave Witches: Complete Collection (Blu-ray/DVD) - 23.53%

Scum's Wish: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 23.53%

---

Titles released this week:

Dragon Ball Super, Part 5 (Blu-ray)
    Dragon Ball Super, Part 5 (DVD)
    Free! Movie Collection (Blu-ray/DVD LE)
    Free! -Take Your Marks- (Blu-ray/DVD)
    High Speed! -Free! Starting Days- (Blu-ray/DVD)
    Hyouka: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
    Pokemon: Movies 1 - 3 Collection(Blu-ray)
    Pokemon: Movies 1 - 3 Collection (DVD)
    Pop Team Epic: (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
    Rosario + Vampire: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray) (Essentials)
    Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray/DVD)
    Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray)

Poll link: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b08531d2423b8d
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Dragon Ball Super, Part 5 (Blu-ray) should be shipping on Monday. Free! Movie Collection (Blu-ray/DVD LE) is something I'd like to get, but I haven't bought the series LEs yet, and I imagine they're not still as available as they once were. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) will become a definite if someone can get the second season released.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I'll eventually get the Free! movies, but not yet.

Comment

Zip for this week. I already own the Rosario Vampire BD Box set, don't ask me why, though, lol. Zero interest for anything else on the list.

Comment

I have the previous "half the show apiece" sets of Hyouka, so it's a "none of the above but attempting to talk up one series a little anyway" vote for me.

Comment

No plans for any of these right now... Normally I'd be all over the Sailor Moon S movie on blu-ray, but even after the R movie's release I still haven't found a clear answer to the aspect ratio question. If they were originally 4x3, I have no need for versions with the top and bottom cropped to make them 16x9. (Isn't that what happened with those DBZ releases where they made fake widescreen versions?) Or were they open matte, making the 16x9 also correct? At this rate I'll probably just wait for the inevitable box set of all three films once I know what the deal is with the aspect ratio.
            Summer strawberries Ana & Matsuri || my avatar library
            ~ Currently Watching: Little Witch Academia; Revue Starlight; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
            ~ Last Watched: Leviathan -the last defense-; Kiki's Delivery Service; Boogiepop Phantom; Non Non Biyori Vacation; Ultraman
            homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

I'm just getting The Disastrous Life of Saiki K this week.

I already own Hyouka (which I also highly recommend) and Rosario + Vampire.
              Last edited by B Cranell; 10-01-2018, 06:57 AM.
              Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

Comment

Sometime down the road I'll pick up Dragon Ball Super, but nothing needed this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Palmer View Post
                  I have the previous "half the show apiece" sets of Hyouka, so it's a "none of the above but attempting to talk up one series a little anyway" vote for me.
                  You know, I think this should be an additional category for voting, a way to talk up a show we've purchased in an earlier incarnation and that we'd like to promote now that it's in the limelight again with a new release. And speaking of, Hyouka is a great Kyoto Animation show that always seems to be overlooked (probably something to do with it being caught in that whole Bandai USA licensing debacle from a few years ago, that also trapped Gosick, among others). If you like mystery series with snarky leads, great character development, and a budding romance, Hyouka could be for you! (Come to think of it, this description could also apply to Gosick; go figure.)
                  Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                  Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post
                    You know, I think this should be an additional category for voting ...
                    If you like mystery series with snarky leads, great character development, and a budding romance ...
                    I can (not) vote! I second this idea. I also have the split releases of Hyouka and recently re-watched it - entertaining fun. SleepyDog describes it well (and Gosick too).

Comment

But does Hyouka get anywhere near as dark and serious as Gosick? I dropped Hyouka after 3 episodes because I found it too light and a bit too silly.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                        But does Hyouka get anywhere near as dark and serious as Gosick? I dropped Hyouka after 3 episodes because I found it too light and a bit too silly.
                        Hyouka does not get as dark as Gosick. It is silly, and only occasionally gets beyond life in high school. They never get to save the world. A proper slice of life show. For me, the charm is how far Oreki can go on a few clues - sometimes to insightful conclusions, sometimes to where he's left the fool. And Chitanda.

Comment

I understand the sentiment behind wanting an option for "I already own a previous/alternate release for one or more of these titles", but I'm a little cautious about adding more arbitrary answers to the polls. I'm worried that the more answers we include in addition to the titles being released for the week, the more watered down the voting results will become. I feel like it's sufficient to vote that you're not getting any of the current releases in the poll itself, and then elaborating on your vote within a reply afterward.
                          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                            I'm a little cautious about adding more arbitrary answers to the polls.
                            Don't worry about it. For all the nuances to our feelings and situations, we can always post comments.

Comment

I'd actually prefer totally removing the option for "I'm planning to get some of these at a later date", and just go ahead and vote for the one's you know you're definitely going to buy eventually, whether you do it this week, next week or three months from now. I never use that option in my voting, because I almost never pre-order or buy anime during the release week anymore; I usually wait to hear what the quality or any issues are before buying anything now.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X