Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Anime Weekend Atlanta 2018 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Anime Weekend Atlanta (September 20 - 23, 2018 @ Atlanta, GA) | Panels Schedule

Thursday, September 20, 2018
    - Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    n/a

Friday, September 21, 2018
    - Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel | 11:00am - 12:00pm
    Join Sentai Filmworks as we explore the latest and greatest from 2018! Plus, we'll take a sneak peek of what we have in store for the rest of the year.
    - HIDIVE Industry | 1:15pm - 2:15pm
    Join HIDIVE as we explore the latest and greatest from 2018! Plus, we'll take a sneak peek of what we have in store for the rest of the year.
    - Haikara-San Here Comes Miss Modern - Sub | 2:00pm - 3:30pm
    Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern Part 1 is the first of two films based on Waki Yamato's Haikara-san ga Tooru manga. The story is set in Tokyo in the Taishō era (1912-1926). The story follows Benio "Haikara-san" Hanamura, who lost her mother when she was very young and has been raised by her father, a high-ranking official in the Japanese army. As a result, she has grown into a tomboy - contrary to traditional Japanese notions of femininity, she studies kendo, drinks sake, dresses in often outlandish-looking Western fashions instead of the traditional kimono, and is not as interested in housework as she is in literature. She also rejects the idea of arranged marriages and believes in a woman's right to a career and to marry for love.
    - Funimation Industry Panel | 3:00pm - 4:00pm
    From Akira to Dragon Ball Z, hear the latest news, info, and announcements from North America's largest anime distributor - Funimation.
    - Free! Take Your Marks - English Dub Premiere | 6:00pm - 7:45pm
    The single film is composed of 4 short stories that take place in March as Haruka is about to graduate from high school. #1: Unmei no Choice! (Destined Choice!) #2: Hitou no Cooling Down! (Secret Hot Spring Cooling Down!) #3: Kessoku no Butterfly! (United Butterfly!) #4: Tabitachi no Eternal Blue! (Departing Eternal Blue!)
    - HIDIVE Talk Dirty 18+ | 8:15pm - 9:15pm
    Prepare your noses; it's about to get lewd as we showcase some seriously NSFW clips and ask you to dub them with Sentai Filmworks as our co-host.

Saturday, September 22, 2018
    - Vertical Inc Panel | 10:45am - 11:45am
    n/a
    - Aniplex of America Industry Panel | 12:00pm - 1:30pm
    Do titles like Sword Art Online, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, KILL la KILL, or Blue Exorcist make your otaku heart skip a beat? Then you don't want to miss the Aniplex of America Industry panel! Join us as we bring you the latest news on all your favorite Aniplex shows. Score some free gifts just for showing up and prepare to be entertained as we show you the coolest trailers! Plus, you'll have a chance to enter our raffle where we'll be giving away some awesome prizes!
    - Viz Media Industry Panel | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
    Join VIZ Media as we celebrate all things anime and manga! Get ready for fun news, cool prizes, and SPECIAL guests! Attendees will receive free giveaways while supplies last.
    - Sekai Project Panel | 3:15pm - 4:15pm
    n/a
    - Fate/Grand Order Localization Panel | 3:30pm - 4:30pm
    Fellow Masters! Join us as we dive into all things Fate/Grand Order. Come see Albert Kao, Localization Producer of FGO North America, as he and the Aniplex of America team talk about the latest news regarding the future of the game and give away exclusive prizes. Rayshift to Williams CDF and prepare for another battle to take back our future!
    - MR. OSOMATSU autograph session | 3:30pm - 5:00pm
    Come and meet the English cast members of the hit comedy series MR. OSOMATSU!. A free autograph poster will be provided while supplies last.
    - Made in Abyss: English Dub Premiere | 3:00pm - 5:00pm
    An enormous pit and cave system called the "Abyss" is the only unexplored place in the world. Strange and wonderful creatures reside in its depths, and it is full of precious relics that current humans are unable to make. The mysteries of the Abyss fascinate humans, and they head down to explore. The adventurers who venture into pit are known as "Cave Raiders." A little orphan girl named Rico lives in the town of Ōsu on the edge of the Abyss. Her dream is to become a Cave Raider like her mother and solve the mysteries of the cave system. One day, Rico starts exploring the caves and discovers a robot who resembles a human boy.
    - Tokyo Ghoul Panel | 5:00pm - 6:00pm
    The Official Funimation Tokyo Ghoul Panel.
    - K: Seven Stories "SIDE: GREEN - Overwrite World" - Premiere | 5:30pm - 7:00pm
    Screening for the first time in the U.S. - K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE:GREEN - Overwrite World - ". Delve into the backstory of the mysterious JUNGLE organization and the origins of it's two most feared members; the young upstart Sukuna Gojo and the fearsome Yukari Mishakuji. Attendees will receive free giveaways while supplies last.
    - Crunchyroll Industry Panel | 6:15pm - 7:15pm
    Hear about all the latest and greatest anime & manga coming out of Crunchyroll straight from the source. Prizes given out during panel and a special gift for all who attend.
    - Laughing Under the Clouds: Gaiden Part 1&2 | 7:30pm - 9:30pm
    PART 1: One year has passed since the great battle against the "Orochi" (gigantic snake). Kumou Tenka, paralyzed in the final battle and experimented on by the government, is reticent about what happened to him. Tenka has withdrawn himself from society but his younger brothers, Soramaru and Chutaro, find out the secret past of their older brother. PART 2: The Fuuma ninja clan is a secret ninja tribe that has been waiting for the "Orochi" to resurrect for generations. This is the story of Shirasu and his twin brother Ichiu who grew up in this vicious environment and how they became the leaders of the clan.
    - Denpasoft Panel 18+ | 8:00pm - 9:00pm
    Join us as we go through the rise and legitimization of adult gaming in the West, and our personal growth throughout our 5 years in operation thus far. Take a look at the games we brought to fans around the world, the services we provide, and the plans we have for the future!

Sunday, September 23, 2018
    - K: SEVEN STORIES Marathon: Featured Screening: Viz | 8:00am - 11:30am
    If you missed the previous exclusive screenings of K Seven Stories this summer, you're in luck! Join VIZ Media for an encore of the first three installments in the K: Seven Stories series. Featuring K: SEVEN STORIES "R:B - BLAZE - ", K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE:BLUE - Sirius - " and K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE:GREEN - Overwrite World - ".
    - Crunchyroll Premiere Panel | 1:30pm - 2:45pm
    n/a
    Last edited by WTK; 09-20-2018, 09:24 PM.

Seeing that the fall season is just around the corner, Sentai is most definitely going to announce a simulcast title or two at their panel. As for Funi, I can expect them to announce more simuldubs and announce something that's coming for their January solicitation slate. For Aniplex, if they haven't announced it by then they should be announcing licenses to the fall season titles Seishun Buta Yarou, As Miss Beelzebub Likes It, and The Most Huggable Man Has Threatened Me, and maybe a solicitation for a show they don't control the streaming rights for. And for Viz, it's probably going to focus on manga stuff as they just don't have much to announce for anime, but I am expect some anime news.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VIZ MEDIA ANNOUNCES PARTICIPATION AT ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA 2018

Join VIZ Media At The Biggest Southeast Anime Convention For Exciting Announcements, A Special K Anime Premiere, And More!

San Francisco, CA, September 18, 2018 - VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media),a premier company in the fields of publishing, animation distribution, and global entertainment licensing, announces participation at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2018, one of the southeast region's largest anime and manga fan conventions, with a roster of announcements, a voice cast signing event, and a special anime feature film premiere.

Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) 2018 takes place September 20th - September 23rd at the Renaissance Waverly and Cobb Galleria Center. Details and ticket information on AWA are available at https://awa-con.com.

VIZ Media AWA 2018 Panel & Special Events Include:

Saturday, September 22nd

2:00pm VIZ Media Panel

(Williams Galleria Center CDF)

Join VIZ Media as we celebrate all things anime and manga! Get ready for an awesome cast announcement, cool prizes, and SPECIAL guests! Attendees will receive free giveaways while supplies last.

3:30pm MR. OSOMATSU Voice Cast Signing

(Exhibit Hall Autograph Area)

AWA attendees are invited to meet the just-announced English cast members of VIZ Media's hit comedy series MR. OSOMATSU. A free autograph poster will be provided while supplies last.

5:30pm K Movie 3 Premiere

(Red Carpet / Main Theatre)

Screening for the first time in the U.S., K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE: GREEN - Overwrite World." Delve into the backstory of the mysterious JUNGLE organization and the origins of its two most feared members; the young upstart Sukuna Gojo and the fearsome Yukari Mishakuji. Screening attendees will receive a free K giveaway while supplies last.

7:30pm K Movies 1-3 Marathon

(Video Room 2)

Anime fans are invited to join VIZ Media for an encore presentation of the first three installments in K: Seven Stories. Featuring K: SEVEN STORIES "R:B - BLAZE -," K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE:BLUE - SIRIUS -" and K: SEVEN STORIES "SIDE:GREEN - Overwrite World -."

For additional information on anime and manga titles distributed and published by VIZ Media, please visit viz.com.

Comment

Funimation posting convention info again after skipping a couple of them from the summer season...

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018...eekend-atlanta

Conventions 2018 - Anime Weekend Atlanta

PANELS

To start off Fall properly, we're heading south to Atlanta and we're celebrating anime (especially the spooky ones!) at Anime Weekend Atlanta! Check out what we have planned for parties, panels, and our booth below:

Funimation Industry Panel | Friday, September 21 | 3:00pm - 4:00pm | Panel Room: Williams CDF
        From Akira to Dragon Ball Z, hear the latest news, info, and announcements from North America's largest anime distributor?Funimation.

Funimation Peep Show (18+ only) | Friday, September 21 | 9:30pm - 11:30pm | Panel Room: Williams CDF
        Guaranteed to be a good time that's oh so NSFW. Watch clips and trailers from some of the hottest Funimation titles with host Cookie Stratford. Audience participation encouraged by tweeting using the hashtag #FunimationPeepShow. You could even win some naughty prizes. (18+, Bring your IDs!)

Tokyo Ghoul Panel | Saturday, September 22 | 5:00pm - 6:00p | Panel Room: Williams CDF
        Just as Tokyo Ghoul:re comes back this Fall, staff from Funimation will take a look at the storied franchise of Tokyo Ghoul and get you ready and hyped for season 3 part 2!

Funimation Favorites | Sunday, September 23 | 11:30am - 1:00p | Panel Room: Williams CDF
        Funimation takes a look at some of our personal favorites from current anime and past classics. What's your Funimation favorite?

PARTIES

Tokyo Ghoul:re Funimation Party | Thursday, September 20 | 7:00pm - 10:00p | Panel Room: Kennesaw
        Come celebrate the kickoff of Anime Weekend Atlanta with Funimation. This party is sponsored by Tokyo Ghoul Re, and you can enter to win door prizes and more!

BOOTHS & FREEBIES

Visit us in the exhibit hall at Anime Weekend Atlanta to pick up some of the newest releases or older favorites that Funimation has to offer! We have free gifts with every purchase including a Funimation Bag and Lanyard. We also have our lucky pin draw, with a new level depending on the purchases you make!
        • Spend $75/ 1 pin
        • Spend $125/ 2 pins
        • Spend $150/ 3 pins
        • Spend $175/ 4 pins
        • Spend $200/5 pins
        We also will have a ton of autographed Gift With Purchases available as well. Check in at the booth for more details or to see the selection.

Lastly, you can get a free Black Clover pin if you're a FunimationNow subscriber! Pick up a Coral Peacock pin when you show your Member ID on the app.

Friday | 10:00am - 7:00pm
        Saturday | 10:00am - 7:00pm
        Sunday | 10:00am - 5:00pm

SEE YOU THERE!

Comment

Prediction time for this weekend. Once more, I structure my predictions based on likelihood of announcement fully expecting the actual announcements to be a lot less than what I have listed.

Sentai
          Great Chance: Fall 2018 simulcast lineup and Dubcast shows (my guesses: Bakumatsu, Sora to Umi no Aida, Ms. Vampire Who Lives in the Neighborhood, Bloom Into You, Our Annoying Maid, Anima Yell, and Million Arthur, with Bloom Into You and Million Arthur for Dubcast), January solicitations, Cast list reveals for Hitorijime My Hero, UQ Holder Tada Never Falls in Love, and/or Real Girl, Dub announcements (I'm guessing Hakumei and Mikochi and Umaru-chan R for this)
          Longshot: License and dub Kaiji, Marimite dub, home video license of a Netflix or Amazon exclusive show

Funimation
          Great Chance: Partial January solicitations, Simuldub announcements for fall shows and Rise of a Shield Hero
          Longshot: Home video license of a Netflix or Amazon exclusive show (Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul and Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War the most likely)

Aniplex
          Great Chance: License Seishun Buta Yarou, As Miss Beelzebub Likes It, and The Most Huggable Man Has Threatened Me (fall simulcast shows), Solicit Fate/Apocrypha, Solicit Kill la Kill and SAO II re-releases, I Want to Eat Your Pancreas theater screening details, license Magia Record, dub announcements for Grancrest War or GGO
          Longshot: License and dub Re:Creators, license any other shows exclusive to Amazon, domestic release of Anthem of the Heart

Viz
          Great Chance: Mr. Osomatsu cast list reveal (already confirmed), solicit second half of Stardust Crusaders, and next volumes of Bleach, Shippuden, and Hunter x Hunter, manga announcements
          Longshot: Megalo Box on Toonami, license a fall season title

Crunchyroll
          Great Chance: Fall 2018 simulcast titles, info on Super Fan pack
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
          Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The Sentai panel has come and gone, and nobody has said anything about what happened there. In the meantime, the HIDIVE panel is coming up, so hopefully we get some news there seeing that it's about that time of the season when Sentai announces what shows they have for the upcoming season, but so far they haven't said a thing.

Comment

https://twitter.com/tglover665/statu...69182253285376 (Sentai Filmworks panel)
              For anybody who wasn't there, I'll be giving out the recap this time. It's just a dub clip of Hijomite My Hero. That's it.

Comment

It's now time for the Funimation panel. I'm not expecting to hear much out of them, but they have lots of stuff coming out soon, just not at the panel. In any case, they are now on the clock at AWA.

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.137142

Funimation Entertainment announced at Anime Weekend Atlanta on Friday that it has licensed the Death Note, Death Note: The Last Name, and Death Note Light up the NEW world live-action films. The company will release the films on subtitle-only Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and Digital combo packs on January 22, 2019. The first two films will be bundled together.

Comment

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...eekend-atlanta (Sept 20)

Crunchyroll Premiere Panel - Sunday 1:30-2:45pm at Grand Panel

^ We're excited to be bringing the East Coast premiere of episode 1 of The Rising of the Shield Hero!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      http://4NN.cx/.137142

Funimation Entertainment announced at Anime Weekend Atlanta on Friday that it has licensed the Death Note, Death Note: The Last Name, and Death Note Light up the NEW world live-action films. The company will release the films on subtitle-only Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and Digital combo packs on January 22, 2019. The first two films will be bundled together.
                      Wow! Funimation isn't going to at least release the first 2 movies with the English dubs that Viz made?
                      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

Wow! Funimation isn't going to at least release the first 2 movies with the English dubs that Viz made?
                        Yup, they pulled a Maiden Japan (see Black Magic M-66 & New Dominion Tank Police) and I wonder what their excuse is since I highly doubt it's because "the Japanese didn't like it".
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Yup, they pulled a Maiden Japan (see Black Magic M-66 & New Dominion Tank Police) and I wonder what their excuse is since I highly doubt it's because "the Japanese didn't like it".
                          Some people on forums are going so far as to it's because they hate Ocean Group, which is a bit ridiculous.
                          "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

We'll find out that they're releasing alternate cuts with an extra femtosecond of previously undubbed footage.

Death Note is such an obscure series that I understand why Funimation wouldn't dub that or the 2016 movie.

Comment

Sentai's panel started fifteen minutes late, during which time the panelists were just waiting around, and ended 25 minutes early, followed by less than five minutes of questions.

I skipped Funimation's panel since they always lead to disappointment, but that's a very surprising license. Not only would I expect Viz to still have the rights and, if anyone was going to license the later ones it would be them, but to not even include the dubs that were released not that long ago is especially bizarre.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine