X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Discotek Media licenses Kimagure Orange Road

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...79528846159873
    Kimagure Orange Road is coming to Blu-Ray! It's the whole thing, except that one weird new movie! (So raise your hand, who guessed this from our hint?)
    https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...93204688756736
    AnimEigo subs were pretty great. Just needed minor revision and typesetting (courtesy of @Schmullus1).
    https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/1028679897504473088
    Confirmation of license news that will make many people happy: Kimagure Orange Road will be released on Blu-ray by Discotek. The TV series, the OVAs, and the first movie in two collections
    https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/1028680224085626882
    Kimagure Orange Road is in very early production. 4:3 original aspect ratio, completely remastered. Extras will include vintage commercials, clean opening and endings
    Last edited by WTK; 08-12-2018, 03:14 PM.

Well most expected this from the hints they teased but still hyped out of my mind for this!
    Edit: wait it's actually gonna be native HD?? I didn't think there was an HD remaster out for this in Japan on BD yet?!
    Last edited by Dimension_Tripper; 08-12-2018, 12:43 PM.
    ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

I'm actually kind of disappointed that they didn't get the second movie too, as I really liked that one. Not too surprised, though; based on the fact that ADV originally released it, instead of Animeigo, I'm guessing that the rights holder is completely different.

Comment

I am officially in heaven with this announcement...
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Take all of my money!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
            Well most expected this from the hints they teased but still hyped out of my mind for this!
            Edit: wait it's actually gonna be native HD?? I didn't think there was an HD remaster out for this in Japan on BD yet?!
            KOR has been airing in HD on Netflix in Japan since last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
              There IS an HD remaster in Japan; it's on Japanese Netflix, but it's yet to receive any kind of physical release in Japan.

Comment

Looking forward to this one. This is huge news.
                Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Discotek wins. Flawless victory.

Comment

Can't believe I'll be triple dipping on this as I have all of KOR on R1 and R2 DVD.

Comment

YES

Just another reason why Discotek keeps getting the lions share of my anime budget. This is a day one purchase for me!

Comment

Second KOR movie is a different distributor in Japan so they can't be packaged with the rest.
                        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

...And there was much rejoicing.

Comment

I saw just enough "the hint might be for this instead" responses to Discotek's first tease that it was especially pleasing to see the confirmation. Kimagure Orange Road was a series I became aware of not that long after I got into anime as a whole (back when it was just "from last decade"), but wasn't able to see at the time (probably too long, and just perhaps "popular enough everyone's already seen it," for my university's anime club to show). When Animeigo released it on DVD, I wasn't quite ready to go to the lengths of purchasing it sight unseen; now, I intend to rectify that failing. (Still, given how few new titles Animeigo has licensed in the past two decades even while staying in business, there's a subtle melancholy somehow to "someone else" licensing one of their old titles.)

Comment

I have the old AnimEigo collection but I'll double dip to get these new sets, especially since they will have upgraded video quality. Combined with Digital Manga finally shipping the manga volumes, it's a great time to be a KOR fan!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X