Widgets Magazine

Select ELEVEN ARTS titles to be distributed on home video by Right Stuf or Shout! Factory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Select ELEVEN ARTS titles to be distributed on home video by Right Stuf or Shout! Factory

Widgets Magazine
    Confirmed:
    - Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern
    - Laughing Under the Clouds: Gaiden

Not confirmed:
    - A Silent Voice
    - Liz and the Blue Bird
    - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Reflection
    - Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms

https://www.rightstufanime.com/form/eleven-arts
    Right Stuf Anime & ELEVEN ARTS!

Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to announce a new, exclusive distribution agreement with ELEVEN ARTS Anime Studios for release of their licensed Japanese Animation programming on home video.

The first programs to be released under this arrangement include the recent theatrical releases of "Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern," based on Waki Yamato's popular manga, and the "Laughing Under the Clouds: Gaiden" feature films, Parts 1, 2, and 3.

"We're truly excited to assist ELEVEN ARTS with getting their programs into the hands of audiences in our marketplace," stated Shawne Kleckner, President of Right Stuf. "These high quality titles will definitely be a welcome addition to fans' collections."

"ELEVEN ARTS is thrilled to be partnering with Right Stuf to make anime films even more accessible in North America. We have heard from our fans loud and clear, and remain dedicated to providing the best possible experience for them." -Ko Mori, President and CEO of ELEVEN ARTS.

These programs will be coming to Blu-ray soon under ELEVEN ARTS' production label, and will be exclusively sold through the RightStufAnime.com website.

https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/1028313643727953920
    On Rightstuf x Eleven Arts, Haikara-San and Laughing Under the Clouds are the only two confirmed things / things that can be talked about. Anything else that predates these releases is TBA / TBD.

https://www.awn.com/news/shout-facto...tion-agreement
    Shout! Factory and ELEVEN ARTS Sign Distribution Agreement

Multi-year deal will bring selected anime features across multiple platforms to fans in North America.

LOS ANGELES -- Shout! Factory, a leading multi-platform media company, and ELEVEN ARTS Anime Studio, have signed an entertainment distribution agreement for a number of new acclaimed animated features. The multi-year agreement provides Shout! Factory with home entertainment rights in North America for several new releases from ELEVEN ARTS' slate of anime films. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory’s founders and chief executive officers Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Ko Mori, CEO of ELEVEN ARTS Anime Studio.

"We're thrilled about this new agreement with Ko and ELEVEN ARTS. This is the start of a mutually beneficial relationship. We look forward to presenting their anime title to fans and collectors across many entertainment platforms," Emmer and Foos stated.

"We are so excited to be working with our friends at Shout! Factory," Mori said. "They are an awesome group of anime fans, dedicated to bringing the best anime to North America. While we are still dedicated to the theatrical experience of anime, we understand that our fans want to watch our titles again and again. This partnership will help make that a reality."

"These stunning works by some of Japan's leading animators and storytellers are highly entertaining and magical," added Melissa Boag, senior vice president of family entertainment at Shout! Factory. "Collaborating with ELEVEN ARTS on the strategic rollout of these movies is an exciting opportunity."

Jordan Fields, Shout! Factory's vice president of acquisitions, who negotiated the deal, commented, "This is a remarkable time for anime, and we’re thrilled to a part of that."
    Last edited by WTK; 10-03-2018, 06:42 PM.

I really hope A Silent Voice eventually comes out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      I really hope A Silent Voice eventually comes out of this.
      Best chance of U.S. release. I also updated list of what's not confirmed from them. The other curious title (for me) is Liz and the Blue Bird.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        The other curious title (for me) is Liz and the Blue Bird.
        Yeah, I would really love to see that too, if Pony Canyon US doesn't have first dibs on it.

Comment

I'm wondering how they're going to price these since they are going to be exclusive to Rightstuf's store. I'm interested in Haikara-San so far.
          DVD/BD collection
          Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Assuming this finally gets us our North American home video release of A Silent Voice, this will likely be the biggest news of the weekend for me. It's too bad that wasn't one of their initial announcements, but it's definitely good news all around. More theatrical anime releases without fear of them staying exclusive to the big screen.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I knew that this was coming as soon as I was told that the Right Stuf panel replaced the Eleven Arts panel, and now they have their movie line mostly for stand-alone stuff. So they have Nozomi, Lucky Penny, 5 Points, Critical Mass, Sunrise (for all the Gundam stuff only), and now Eleven Arts as divisions, either as their own or through partnerships with an external company. So far, it's just Haikara-san and the Laughing Under the Clouds movie, and I'm hoping they can release Maquia, Nanoha Reflection, Silent Voice, and Liz and the Blue Bird. I'm hoping that they have a distribution arrangement similar to what Pony Canyon has with Sentai for Cutie Honey Universe for Silent Voice and Liz and the Blue Bird seeing that Pony Canyon isn't exactly in the mood to release stuff themselves. In any case, this leads to several possibilities, and I'm thinking that should they eventually release Nanoha Reflection, it could possibly lead to them rescuing the TV series as nothing was ever released from that franchise ever since Geneon went out of business (of course, dealing with Aniplex is never easy, but anything can happen).
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
              Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

So what does this mean for Eleven Arts' partnership with Rightstuf?

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/sta...70537558339585

LOS ANGELES -- Shout! Factory, a leading multi-platform media company, and ELEVEN ARTS Anime Studio, have signed an entertainment distribution agreement for a number of new acclaimed animated features. The multi-year agreement provides Shout! Factory with home entertainment rights in North America for several new releases from ELEVEN ARTS? slate of anime films. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory?s founders and chief executive officers Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Ko Mori, CEO of ELEVEN ARTS Anime Studio.
                DVD/BD collection
                Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
                  So what does this mean for Eleven Arts' partnership with Rightstuf?

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/sta...70537558339585
                  Maybe some goes to TRSI and some goes to Shout! Factory?

Comment

The plot thickens. As long as someone gets A Silent Voice and treats it right, I'm happy.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.137728
                      Eleven Arts confirmed with ANN that Right Stuf is still publishing Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern and Laughing Under the Clouds: Gaiden as previously announced, so its agreement with Shout! Factory will be for other titles.
                      Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern Part 1 BD was solicited earlier today. https://www.rightstufanime.com/Haika...Part-1-Blu-ray

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShoutFact...25388352299008

Shout clarified some things about the deal. It sounds like RightStuf will produce collector sets and the shout will focus more on getting titles into physical stores.
                        Last edited by Diakia89; 10-05-2018, 07:04 AM.
                        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

^I take it you meant to post this link?

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/sta...25388352299008
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

So that's what the deal is in that Right Stuf is releasing it to those who want more than just the BD whereas Shout is more about spreading the word and marketing it to the mainstream audience. I didn't realize that the deals are not completely exclusive, but nevertheless it was quite odd to see that Eleven Arts has deals with both of these distributors when normally there's only supposed to be one company at a time for these deals. Anyway, as long as these movies are treated well, that's what matters the most.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
                            Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Okay, that sounds like a decent enough arrangement, if one that involves more companies than we're used to. Just... gimme that announcement for a "high-end LE collectors' sets" of A Silent Voice. That sounds like exactly what I've been waiting for these past two years.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine