X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Series coming back in-print (DVD has been OOP). Publisher for this series should still be Aniplex.
    Aniplex logo is on the back cover.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...21998856757249

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    And Right Stuf is back to using Youtube again where anime viewers are less likely to find this. Hopefully it comes to Crunchyroll someday.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Series starting to stream again (dub eps 1 & 2): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5ozaaRsNDXmvVm
    Up to eps 13 streaming now.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5ozaaRsNDXmvVm

Leave a comment:

• Slowhand
    replied
    Gravitation Complete Collection HD Official Trailer

Leave a comment:

• 27CansOfTuna
    replied
    Oh a BD, this was a surprise of surprises.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    via TRSI:

Gravitation (TV & OVA): Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 385 minutes - $39.99 - 9/3/19
    Gravitation Complete Collection includes episodes 1-13 of the anime series directed by Bob Shirohata, as well as OVA episodes 1 and 2 directed by Shinichi Watanabe.

Special Features: TV Series Clean Opening and Closing, OVA Gravitation Sneak Previews 1 & 2, OVA Clean Opening, OVA Clean Episode 1 Ending.

http://4NN.cx/.146852
    We're really excited to be bringing this upscale to the fans because there is no HD source for this and no Blu-ray in Japan! And actually, there were issues with this as the only existing masters for Gravitation (even what was used for the Japanese DVD release) have some problems. There was a lot of dot-crawl and rainbow artifacts introduced by some kind of composite signal conversion. This had specifically affected the OVAs and episodes 2-4 but was noticeable throughout the series. But our production team has gone through great lengths to clean up the video to make this something we're proud to release. Realistically, it came down to a decision of fixing these issues and putting out a product we believe customers will love, or not doing a Blu-ray release for this title and moving on the the next title. Anyone that happens to own the original DVDs will definitely notice the differences.

via TRSI industry panel @ ACen: Gravitation TV & OVA BD
    Last edited by WTK; 05-18-2019, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Series starting to stream again (dub eps 1 & 2): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5ozaaRsNDXmvVm

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Series coming back in-print (DVD has been OOP). Publisher for this series should still be Aniplex.
    Coming back to this TV series + OVA DVD Collection. According to my TRSI order history, I somehow ordered it for $14.39 (February 2014). I checked further that the DVD Collection was heavily discounted for $17.99 around that time (MSRP was $59.99).

And for the curious the Aniplex logo is on the side of the box: LINK (via an eBay listing).

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by Zalis View Post
    To me, the Sound of the Sky Blu-Rays feel like one of those "we got this out the door at the last minute" things, like how Funi released Darker Than Black S1 on BD just before they lost the license. I don't know when SotS' Hulu expiration date is or was, but they've proven pretty accurate with most other now-expired licenses. I'm going to assume that the "Aniplex is taking back their properties" trend is still in effect, with Gravitation as an outlier.
    Accurate for Funimation titles, but not so much for everyone else. Sound of the Sky had a Hulu expiration date of October 28, 2016 (under Manga Ent.).

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...064#post540064

Leave a comment:

• dragonrider_cody
    replied
    Right Stuf is a big retail partner for them. It could be that they worked out a special deal for a couple of their titles that would have been slow sellers for Aniplex anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    I didn't realize that Aniplex was the main producer on this. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that this show was gone for good, but it looks like Aniplex isn't as tight-fisted as I though they were seeing that they made quite a huge statement when they took FMA back for themselves. It suppose that it could be that Aniplex of America doesn't seem interested at all, while Right Stuf has all the interest in the world to do it, but that's something I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Zalis
    replied
    Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Maybe Aniplex and Right Stuf/Nozomi have a really good relationship? Also, this is an older show that I can't imagine was a massive hit, so maybe Aniplex is a little more lax on shows that aren't gangbusters like Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Color me surprised as well; I'd thought Gravitation was gone for good after seeing the DVDs go OOP. As we know, Aniplex is against their products being "devalued," and Nozomi doesn't sell their discs for much more than Funimation and Sentai do. In the past, a title's level of popularity hasn't really factored into its ultimate non-renewal fate. I can't imagine Spiral and Hell Girl were that successful, but that didn't stop them from getting yanked.

Originally posted by WTK
    Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the world because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.
    To me, the Sound of the Sky Blu-Rays feel like one of those "we got this out the door at the last minute" things, like how Funi released Darker Than Black S1 on BD just before they lost the license. I don't know when SotS' Hulu expiration date is or was, but they've proven pretty accurate with most other now-expired licenses. I'm going to assume that the "Aniplex is taking back their properties" trend is still in effect, with Gravitation as an outlier.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the would because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.
    Given how long since it was originally licensed, and that Hulu expiration date, I think it's fairly safe to say the license was renewed, which goes against the trend we've seen with FUNimation's and Sentai's Aniplex licenses recently. It's just interesting to me in any case.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    Right Stuf did renew Sound of the Sky too, which is a definite Aniplex title.
    Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the would because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Right Stuf did renew Sound of the Sky too, which is a definite Aniplex title.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X