Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Gravitation

Widgets Magazine
    Series coming back in-print (DVD has been OOP). Publisher for this series should still be Aniplex.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...78959000915968
    Rock out to Gravitation coming soon to Blu-ray! #AnimeExpo2018
    Last edited by WTK; 07-07-2018, 03:12 PM.

Is it worth the upgrade? By that I mean, how does the Japanese Blu look?

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
      Is it worth the upgrade? By that I mean, how does the Japanese Blu look?
      No BD in Japan yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

No BD in Japan yet.
        OH! Interesting.

Comment

Wait wasn't this an Aniplex show?
          "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

I hope that the release will include the OVAs. Either way I will be ordering it as soon as it is made available to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
              Wait wasn't this an Aniplex show?
              Yes. It had been OOP for some time (maybe a couple years).

Comment

Yes. It had been OOP for some time (maybe a couple years).
                Huh that is weird then since I'm assuming they had to relicense that and Aniplex has been not letting other companies relicense their shows.
                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Huh that is weird then since I'm assuming they had to relicense that and Aniplex has been not letting other companies relicense their shows.
                  Maybe Aniplex and Right Stuf/Nozomi have a really good relationship? Also, this is an older show that I can't imagine was a massive hit, so maybe Aniplex is a little more lax on shows that aren't gangbusters like Fullmetal Alchemist.

Comment

People (here and elsewhere) have been assuming that Aniplex (Japan) is refusing renewal of licenses. I would treated it on case by case basis. And as always, never say never.

Comment

Right Stuf did renew Sound of the Sky too, which is a definite Aniplex title.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        Right Stuf did renew Sound of the Sky too, which is a definite Aniplex title.
                        Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the would because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.

Comment

Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the would because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.
                          Given how long since it was originally licensed, and that Hulu expiration date, I think it's fairly safe to say the license was renewed, which goes against the trend we've seen with FUNimation's and Sentai's Aniplex licenses recently. It's just interesting to me in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Maybe Aniplex and Right Stuf/Nozomi have a really good relationship? Also, this is an older show that I can't imagine was a massive hit, so maybe Aniplex is a little more lax on shows that aren't gangbusters like Fullmetal Alchemist.
                            Color me surprised as well; I'd thought Gravitation was gone for good after seeing the DVDs go OOP. As we know, Aniplex is against their products being "devalued," and Nozomi doesn't sell their discs for much more than Funimation and Sentai do. In the past, a title's level of popularity hasn't really factored into its ultimate non-renewal fate. I can't imagine Spiral and Hell Girl were that successful, but that didn't stop them from getting yanked.

Originally posted by WTK
                            Unlike Gravitation, Sound of the Sky DVD never went out of print. People were assuming the world because of those Hulu expiration dates. And they released the series on BD last year.
                            To me, the Sound of the Sky Blu-Rays feel like one of those "we got this out the door at the last minute" things, like how Funi released Darker Than Black S1 on BD just before they lost the license. I don't know when SotS' Hulu expiration date is or was, but they've proven pretty accurate with most other now-expired licenses. I'm going to assume that the "Aniplex is taking back their properties" trend is still in effect, with Gravitation as an outlier.

Comment

I didn't realize that Aniplex was the main producer on this. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that this show was gone for good, but it looks like Aniplex isn't as tight-fisted as I though they were seeing that they made quite a huge statement when they took FMA back for themselves. It suppose that it could be that Aniplex of America doesn't seem interested at all, while Right Stuf has all the interest in the world to do it, but that's something I'll never know.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
                              Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X