Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Zillion (TV & OVA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Zillion (TV & OVA)

Widgets Magazine
    per AX industry panel: October 2018 home video release via Funimation
    Last edited by WTK; 07-06-2018, 02:58 PM.

Holy Crap now thats an announcement I didn't expect but I always love to see at AX. Awesome news!
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Good luck getting that to sell, for those who are unaware, the Japanese release had a heavy amount of DNR applied despite being a 16mm remaster.
      Last edited by NJ_; 07-06-2018, 03:29 PM.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Wow, it had to be the distributor I'd least expect to license Zillion, or anything from the '80s for that matter. Like NJ said, the HD remaster is disappointing, but I'm still glad to see this gem finally get a disc release in the US, and I'm curious to see if Funimation also got Burning Night and Emi Penguin's Diary.

Comment

Definitely a shock of a license (I guess Speed Racer did really, REALLY well for them...), but I'm happy to be able to finally give this show a watch, & legally at that. Unfortunately, all reports are indicating that it will be a sub-only release, so another unfinished Streamline TV anime dub will remain ignored (ala Sentai not including the old Nadia dub for that re-release). Looks like Discotek remains the only company with employees insane enough to record audio from multiple old VHS tapes, to get the best possible quality, for the sake of posterity, if need be.
          Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
          Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

Glad that Funi is joining the classic release club as well. And more important, they know realize that not all shows must dubbed. I mean most of fans who wants those classics would not mind the sub-only for the sake of getting an official release for them. Good one Funi and keep them going
            Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
              Good luck getting that to sell, for those who are unaware, the Japanese release had a heavy amount of DNR applied despite being a 16mm remaster.
              The Japanese DVD master looks quite good, only the BD had horrible DNR. So there is at least some hope that what Funimation puts out won't look terrible. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Publisher: Tatsunoko Production (per cover art)

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Zillion (TV & OVA): Complete Collection (Blu-ray/DVD) - 825 minutes - $64.98 - 10/9/18
                - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...only-dvd-07398
                Japanese with English subtitles.

Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine