Widgets Magazine

Maiden Japen licenses Armored Trooper Votoms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just hope they don't release everything in one $799.98 box set. I mean... no company would do something that stupid... right?!!?

Comment

The lack of Mellowlink is mind bogglingly stupid. Only the best part of this series. Who needs that, lol....

Also totally expect another $800 monstrosity. This isn't a show about 12 year old school girls and panty shots. So Sentai has no idea how to sell and market it. Just lump it in an absurd boxset and make the collectors shell out an unreasonable amount in one chunk so only a few people can ever own it. Such a great business model and a great way to build product recognition and a fanbase!

Comment

They're kinda screwed with doing a complete set because not all of these are on Blu-ray unless they want to pull what FUNi did with Record of Lodoss War & Speed Racer (which I still think were stupid moves, especially when the latter had it's remake released on SD Blu-ray in Japan).

Then again, the same thing could have happened with Negima and yet that's getting separate releases.
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I doubt this is going to be a LOGH type deal. The show isn't on the same level and the licensors Japan side don't treat it the same way.

Also Maiden Japan have no track record of doing things that way. Patlabor all came out separately and I would 100% expect this to be similar to that.
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin The Third View Post

Also totally expect another $800 monstrosity. This isn't a show about 12 year old school girls and panty shots. So Sentai has no idea how to sell and market it. Just lump it in an absurd boxset and make the collectors shell out an unreasonable amount in one chunk so only a few people can ever own it. Such a great business model and a great way to build product recognition and a fanbase!
            It?s licensed by Maiden Japan, and so far, they haven?t done any collector?s sets. There is no reason to believe this would be the show they would start with. As others have said, it will most likely be handled similar to Patlabor.

It will just be interesting to see if the original TV show will be all in one box set or not. Consider both Sentai and MJ have stopped doing half sets, I would expect it to be.

Comment

Nice to see this show back, and Maiden Japan has done a great job bringing in everything.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
              Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                "Armored Trooper Votoms" Blasts Its Way on to HIDIVE

HOUSTON, TX, July 20, 2018 - HIDIVE announced today that it acquired the streaming rights to the classic mecha series, "Armored Trooper Votoms". The first three episodes will premiere on July 28, 2018 at 17:00 UTC with three new episodes releasing every Saturday at the same time. The series will be available to HIDIVE subscribers in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland and other select territories.

Series Description:
                The series revolves around Chirico Cuvie, a battle-worn soldier who accidentally becomes involved in a mission to steal military secrets from allied forces. However, during the mission, he discovers that the real reason behind the assignment is a beautiful woman locked inside a container. Barely escaping alive and running from his army, he'll have to fight to unravel the truth behind the betrayal, the mysterious woman, and the conspirators who will do anything to silence him.

Comment

ICYMI, Armored Troopers Votoms has started to stream @ HIDIVE: https://www.hidive.com/tv/armored-trooper-votoms.

Comment

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Armored Trooper Votoms: TV Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1630 minutes - $49.98 - 3/12/19
                    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...-collection-sd
                    Japanese with English subtitles

Special Features: Uoodo; Kummen; Sunsa; Quent; Stories of the "A.T. VOTOMS"; Highlights from the "A.T. VOTOMS"
                    ^ 6 compilation movies:
                    - Armored Trooper Votoms Recaps (Uoodo, Kummen, Sunsa, Quent) OVA
                    - Armored Trooper Votoms Vol.1 Stories of the 'A.T. Votoms' OVA
                    - Armored Trooper Votoms Vol.2 Highlights of the 'A.T. Votoms' OVA

Disc 1 (675 min) eps. 1-27; Disc 2 (625 min) eps. 28-52; Disc 3 (339 min) 6 Compilation Movies

Title: ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS TV BLU-RAY
                    Published by: Maiden Japan
                    Distributed by: Section23 Films
                    Run Time: 1630 min.
                    Street Date: 3/12/2019
                    Format: BD
                    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
                    SRP: $49.98
                    Last edited by WTK; 12-09-2018, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Before anyone asks, VOTOMS TV has not been given an HD remaster in Japan yet, so SD-BD makes sense here. The compilation movies were given BD releases in Japan, though, so who knows how that last disc will be. It could just be another SD-BD, which would make sense, or maybe it could be an HD-BD, though I don't know if there would be enough space to put 339 minutes of uncompressed HD video & audio at that point.
                      Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                      Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                        The compilation movies were given BD releases in Japan, though
                        EDIT: Are these the 2010 Genei Hen/Phantom Chapter OVAs? I see the first 3 volumes on CDJapan match the first 3 movie titles but the other 3 are completely different.

If these are it then they could be HD because apparently they're 25 minutes each which is only slightly longer than the usual anime episode. Hell, they all could have fit a single DVD if they didn't drop the format.

WTK, could you confirm with them if these movies are SD or HD?

EDIT 2:

Originally posted by WTK View Post

The 6 "compilation movies" in question are DVD only in Japan (released twice as part of bigger sets).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002TVFGT8
                        https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0002ZMAPG

●総集編「ウド / クメン / サンサ / クエント」
                        ●総集編「STORIES OF THE "A.T.VOTOMS"」
                        ●総集編「HIGHLIGHTS OF THE "A.T.VOTOMS"」

I'm planning to compile a more detailed list of various Votoms JP home video releases for future comparisons (maybe as soon as this weekend).
                        Oh so they ARE different? Thanks for the info, surprised there's not much on them at the usual sites like ANN & Wiki.

EDIT 3: Apparently they have their own MAL pages...

https://myanimelist.net/anime/12337/..._Votoms_Recaps
                        https://myanimelist.net/anime/12439/..._the_AT_Votoms
                        https://myanimelist.net/anime/12441/..._the_AT_Votoms

Guess I should have checked there too for info since they can be useful sometimes (see the Black Lagoon Blu-ray omakes that FUNi didn't get).
                        Last edited by NJ_; 12-06-2018, 08:37 PM.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                          Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                          The compilation movies were given BD releases in Japan, though
                          Could you post links? I can't find anything about them except the most recent material being on Blu-ray.

EDIT: Are these the Genei Hen/Phantom Chapter OVAs? I see the first 3 volumes on CDJapan match the first 3 movie titles but the other 3 are completely different.
                          The 6 "compilation movies" in question are DVD only in Japan (released twice as part of bigger sets).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002TVFGT8
                          https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0002ZMAPG

●総集編「ウド / クメン / サンサ / クエント」
                          ●総集編「STORIES OF THE "A.T.VOTOMS"」
                          ●総集編「HIGHLIGHTS OF THE "A.T.VOTOMS"」

I'm planning to compile a more detailed list of various Votoms JP home video releases for future comparisons (maybe as soon as this weekend).

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X