Widgets Magazine

Funimation September 2018 Solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The re-release of Future Diary is odd to me. The last set has a lower MSRP, is a BD/DVD combo, looks to be the same art, and only just came out November 2017...

But yeah, the inconsistencies of the LE sets have already lost multiple sales from me, and this month is no different. The only thing from this solicitation I'm getting for sure is the complete Gosick collection.
    DVD/Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Will be getting the Yona of the Dawn set (thank god for no banners), Tanya (wtf no LE), Re:ZERO Pt 2 (pretty fast turnaround), and WorldEnd (long title is still long after all these seasons).

As mentioned quite a few times already, wtf Funi. Giving garbage shows like Smartphone and Girlfriend is a Gal the LE treatment but not giving a more popular title, Tanya, the same is insulting and baffling. Also absolutely sucks to see them doubling down on their immensely stupid idea of the new Classics design with the Essential line. Seriously guys, kill those ridiculous triple banners. Still hoping (not really expecting though) that they at least come with a slipcover to make them look not as stupid.
      My Anime List
      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
        As mentioned quite a few times already, wtf Funi. Giving garbage shows like Smartphone and Girlfriend is a Gal the LE treatment but not giving a more popular title, Tanya, the same is insulting and baffling.
        their inconsistency makes it really difficult to cont. supporting their LE releases

Comment

I don't understand the anime communities obsession with LE's, consistency wise I understand (giving a first part one and not the other) but wanting LEs for releases and when they don't happen it is the end of the world really? Someone said Tanya not getting one was "insulting". That is an overreaction. We should be happy that our favourite shows are being released affordably and any LE/CE should be considered a bonus not something we need or has to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            They give trashy shows like In Another World With My Smartphone and My First Girlfriend is a Gal LEs, while not giving them to deserving shows that I was pretty sure would get LEs like Saga of Tanya the Evil and Seven Deadly Sins.
            Originally posted by Chisel View Post
            Giving garbage shows like Smartphone and Girlfriend is a Gal the LE treatment but not giving a more popular title, Tanya, the same is insulting and baffling.
            Stop bashing other shows to try and justify your frustrations. Tanya is no more worthy of an LE than any other show.
            It's been indicated that Smartphone is a huge hit from how well the novels seem to sell for J-Novel Club, and Gal did extremely well for FUNimation during its SimulDub season. (they've even mentioned how much of a surprise hit Gal was for them)
            It's a no-brainer to select shows like those to give the LE treatment, so stop acting like they've made some kind of nonsensical decision just because you personally don't like them.
            Sorry that Tanya didn't make the cut, but to behave like it's objectively better than the other two shows is foolish. It's another anime, just like the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
              I don't understand the anime communities obsession with LE's, consistency wise I understand (giving a first part one and not the other) but wanting LEs for releases and when they don't happen it is the end of the world really? Someone said Tanya not getting one was "insulting". That is an overreaction. We should be happy that our favourite shows are being released affordably and any LE/CE should be considered a bonus not something we need or has to happen.
              Yes, in the end they're just shows, they're just Blu-rays, etc, and it's far from the end of the world. Everyone on here should know that. Whether a show gets a LE or not is not something that bothers me either; if I had my way One Piece would have a LE per season. But it doesn't and that's okay too.

However, and the bigger underlying people is this: Funimation expects consistency from consumer buying habits for these LEs, and they're not really giving consistency in return. Spending who knows how much on AssClass, MHA, Bungo, etc, LEs and then having something for the rest of the series that looks totally different, bad, or doesn't exist in the first place makes me, at least, not want to buy LEs for anything. I've gotten burned twice now, so why would I keep buying LEs for these shows, especially after all of the lies (intentional or otherwise) that got fed to us about how they were going to slim down their LEs and promote consistency? The triple banners are ugly as sin and not much more needs to be said about those.

I'm curious to know what is going down at Funi that this is becoming such a sloppy mess out of nowhere. Changing of the guard or something else.
              Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

The fact that Another World With My Smartphone and My First Girlfriend is a Gal get limited editions and not Tanya just shows that Funimation decides these things based of streaming numbers. It also shows that most anime fans have terrible taste when it comes to anime. Another World With My Smartphone and My First Girlfriend is a Gal are garbage tier and it's sad that these are the most watched series out there when there are so many better ones.

Comment

Yes, they have been saying that for years

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    Funimation Shop is missing High School DxD BorN BD Classics + Tokyo Ghoul S1 BD Classics (both currently listed @ TRSI).
                    These 2 were added @ retailers like Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DVGWHDB
                    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DV95WQP

Same thing can be said for Crunchyroll store.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/2...ree-Classic-BD
                    http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/2...son-Classic-BD

Comment

Is AOKANA the first BD-only release from Funimation?

Comment

Originally posted by johnanime View Post
                        Is AOKANA the first BD-only release from Funimation?
                        No

Comment

Originally posted by gundamcero View Post

No
                          Thank you very much. Which is Funimation's first BD-only release?

I didn't see/remember Funimation release an anime on BD only. (But I think it would be a smart strategy for most of the anime.)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X