X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel teased at this point...
    Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• I Am Your Captain | One Piece (Official Clip)

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/st...74511067181056 (Reverie Arc as reported by various news outlets)
        One chapter ends. Another begins. As the "Whole Cake Island" arc is now completed, #OnePiece steps into its new arc, starting from March 31!

Comment

• WOW...a NEW ARC?! How long has it been since a new arc began?!

Comment

• A user on Resetera reportedly was told by a Funi rep at C2E2 that the dub is returning in the fall. Makes sense that it might coincide with those Merry or Sunny routes they've been doing. Chalk it up as a rumor obviously, but it's better than nothing. Hope when it comes back we get some bigger sets Ala Hunter X Hunter.
            Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
              WOW...a NEW ARC?! How long has it been since a new arc began?!
              Let's see, the Whole Cake Island arc goes from episodes 783 through 877 for a total of 95 episodes, with the first one starting on April 9, 2017. So it has been almost two years since it began. For the record, the arc in the manga spans 78 chapters going to show just how much Toei has been slowing things down. The beginning adapted at a rate about 1.5 chapters per episode, and towards the timeskip the pace had slowed down to about 1 chapter per episode. Then things really slowed down with the Dressrosa arc to the point where it gets ridiculous. This goes to show why I would prefer it for these shows to take breaks like what Fairy Tail is did or at least put episodes out biweekly seeing that animation quality has been going down.

Next up is the Reverie arc, and that's pretty short, so it shouldn't be long before the Wano arc begins sometime in May. So far, 29 chapters are out for it, so that buys the animators to about the end of 2019 at the pace things are going.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Pudding's Last Wish | One Piece (Official Clip)

Comment

• Whole Cake Island Arc End | One Piece (Official Clip)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                    A user on Resetera reportedly was told by a Funi rep at C2E2 that the dub is returning in the fall. Makes sense that it might coincide with those Merry or Sunny routes they've been doing. Chalk it up as a rumor obviously, but it's better than nothing. Hope when it comes back we get some bigger sets Ala Hunter X Hunter.
                    Did they take a break with the dub? I thought they were on Fishman Island right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post

Did they take a break with the dub? I thought they were on Fishman Island right now?
                      They never "officially" said they were taking a break, but the last Fishman Island volume came out in May of 2018, and Colleen and other cast members have let slip via tweets and such that they were well into dubbing Punk Hazard (Colleen referenced dubbing a plot point from pretty far into that arc), but we've only gotten specials released since then. A Funi rep at C2E2 claimed that the dub will resume release in the fall, which lines up with a couple marketing promotions Funi has been doing for One Piece recently.

So, I'll stop whining in the solicitation topics until the fall now, at least.
                      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• It would make sense if they do the Episode of East Blue in August (also the movie is coming out in that month in Japan at least) and Season 10 in October (anniversary announcement?)

One of my wishes is Toei announcing a blu-ray release from the beginning, so that the other distributors can finally be allowed to re-release post 206 episodes in high definition, instead of 480p.

Comment

• I likewise think we'll get one more special before we return to Season 10, but we'll see what happens. My guess would be East Blue (and would be preferred over Skypiea, which wasn't very good imo). I'd still be curious to see them despite the fact that they're covered content, mostly for the recasts that would assuredly be required in both cases, as Vic voices a minor character in East Blue, and Laura Bailey/Troy Baker voice major ones in Skypiea. Bob Carter isn't super active anymore either and voices a major Episode of Skypiea character. Since Skypiea in the anime itself was one of the first things Funi dubbed, it'd be interesting to see how far they've come since then with the special.

I would love and gladly double dip for a Blu-ray release as well. Would have to be big chunks of episodes though, and I'm also a bit wary about that as Viz has shown us that the demand is (seemingly) not there for Bleach, which I believe is more popular in the US. Unless a solicitation for that is coming soon, I'm assuming Viz is stopping the Blu-ray release of the entire series, which is a huge shame. Bleach is in a similar boat to One Piece (pun intended) in that the episodes beginning around 192 (or somewhere around there) are animated in 16:9 HD, and never got a Blu-ray release or even a 16:9 480p release on DVD by Viz, and are stuck at a cropped 4:3 DVD and standard definition digital release for a good chunk of the series.
                          Last edited by Mach Rider; 04-02-2019, 02:29 PM.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• I wonder when Funimation will actually go back to all of the movies they skipped.

Comment

• Bounty on Sanji | One Piece (Official Clip)

Comment

• One Piece Stampede | Trailer #3

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X