X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] One Piece (TV series: DVD only) & Movies

Widgets Magazine
    Originally posted by November 18, 2013
    http://onepiecepodcast.com/podcast-episodes/2013/11/episode-295-the-strongcast-platinum-mike-mcfarland-josh-kocurek/ (November 18, 2013)

34:58 (Season 6)
    - It's taking a little longer than normal
    - We will be announcing something this week
    - The reason it's taking this long is working we're working on digital ends on One Piece contract
    - We have digital rights to sell Xbox, PlayStation, iTunes,...
    - Because of that it's taking a little longer than normal to finalize our contracts
    - Season 6 is happening along with that...so we are going to get all sort of cool stuff with it
    - ...is just matter of time.

1:10:45 (movies)
    - Depending on how Strong World does (litmus test for the movies), they may look to get more
    - Film Z is next on list to look at
    - Movie 6 is the first one to look at (if you were up to Josh Kocurek)
    ======
    Originally posted by July 28, 2012 - Inaccurate PR
    So the actual PR (attachment) that was sent out was different than what was announced and posted @ FUNimation.com. I wonder what really happened...
    One Piece Season 5 and 6

Season 5 (Episodes 264 – 336) will span the entire Enies Lobby Arc, as the Straw Hat Pirates continue their battle with CP9, and ends with the Ice Hunter Arc.

Season 6 (Episodes 337 – 451) marks the beginning of the Thriller Bark Arc and follows the Luffy and the gang all the way to the end of the Impel Down Arc.

This extremely popular series is based on the manga by Oda Eiichiro and follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his band of Straw Hat Pirates. The series is currently into its 556th episode. Fans can watch the simulcast episodes Saturdays at 10:00 pm EST on www.onepieceofficial.com .

Fans can look for One Piece Season 5 to hit DVD in the summer of 2013, with Season 6 right behind it in the summer of 2014.

But that’s not all for One Piece fans! FUNimation Entertainment also announced the acquisition of two One Piece feature length films, One Piece Film: Strong World and One Piece Film Z.

One Piece Film: Strong World takes place between the Thriller bark and Sabaody Archipelago Arcs as the Straw Hats Pirates return to their hometowns in East Blue to face off against the infamous, Golden Lion Shiki. When Shiki abducts Nami to use as his personal navigator, the Straw Hats must place their very lives on the line to save her.

One Piece Film Z is the upcoming feature length film set to be release in Japan on December 15, 2012 When a mysterious and deadly weapon of the Marines goes missing, it is up to the Straw Hat Pirates to chase down the man who stole it. Little did they know, they would be facing one of their most powerful opponents yet, former Marine Admiral “Z.”

FUNimation Entertainment has yet to announce any information regarding the release of these films.
    via OnePiecePodcast Twitter
    We asked @FUNimation to address rumors today, and they reiterated that S 5 and Strong World are the only two announcements they have for OP.
    Originally posted by July 28, 2012
    via PR...
    Lastly, home entertainment rights have also be acquired for the following, with additional information to be announced at a later date:

One Piece Season 5 Season 5 (Episodes 264 – 336) will span the entire Enies Lobby Arc, as the Straw Hat Pirates continue their battle with CP9, and ends with the Ice Hunter Arc.

Fans can look for One Piece Season 5 to hit DVD in the summer of 2013.

But that’s not all for One Piece fans! FUNimation Entertainment also announced the acquisition of the One Piece feature length film, One Piece Film: Strong World.

One Piece Film: Strong World takes place between the Thriller bark and Sabaody Archipelago Arcs as the Straw Hats Pirates return to their hometowns in East Blue to face off against the infamous, Golden Lion Shiki. When Shiki abducts Nami to use as his personal navigator, the Straw Hats must place their very lives on the line to save her.

FUNimation Entertainment has yet to announce any information regarding the release of this film.
    Originally posted by October 28, 2011
    via FUNimation.com
    Flower Mound, Texas (October 26, 2011) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced it has acquired the U.S. home video rights to Season Four of the action adventure anime series—ONE PIECE.

Season Four opens with episode 206 in classic 4:3 format, episodes 207-263 will be featured in HD 16:9 and contains the Water 7 Saga.

This extremely popular series is based on the manga by Oda Eiichiro and follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his band of Straw Hat Pirates. The series is currently into its 520th episode. Fans can watch the simulcast episodes Saturdays at 10:00 pm EST on www.onepieceofficial.com.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the DVD in summer 2012.
    via The Unofficial One Piece Podcast
    On this episode of The One Piece Podcast, we have a very special announcement… We are happy to announce that FUNimation Entertainment has acquired new episodes of One Piece. To help make the announcement and fill us in on the details we have Senior Brand Manager Curtis Shaw, voice of Monkey D. Luffy Colleen Clinkenbeard, and voice of Roronoa Zoro Christopher R. Sabat.

0:00:00 Announcement
    0:09:20 Four’s Company
    0:36:03 Interlude
    0:37:18 Colleen Clinkenbeard
    0:52:03 Christopher R. Sabat
    1:01:32 Greg no Gougai Preview
    1:06:48 To Be Continued
    • It covers Season 4 (58 episodes | episodes 206-263)
    • DVD release targeted for summer 2012
    • Blu-ray rights acquired; releases may be possible later on
    Last edited by WTK; 11-23-2013, 02:43 PM.

Re: FUNimation acquire additional One Piece episodes

That is excellent news. I will look forward to the 4th Voyage blu-ray sets.
    MAL Profile | My Figure Collection | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge
      According to the podcast, FUNimation has the next 58 episodes signed and sealed with DVD and Blu-ray rights...
      Does Toei plan to release these episodes on Blu-ray or what? I doubt they're stupid enough to let someone else release episodes of one of their big cash cows on that format before they do.

Of note is the way these may be released as Curtis Shaw, Senior Brand Manager for FUNimation, noted that they do have great, widescreen high definition materials. Though the series aired in widescreen in Japan, the home video was apparently full frame.
      What about 206? That was the last of the 4:3 episodes.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

via FUNimation.com
        Flower Mound, Texas (October 26, 2011) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced it has acquired the U.S. home video rights to Season Four of the action adventure anime series—ONE PIECE.

Season Four opens with episode 206 in classic 4:3 format, episodes 207-263 will be featured in HD 16:9 and contains the Water 7 Saga.

This extremely popular series is based on the manga by Oda Eiichiro and follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his band of Straw Hat Pirates. The series is currently into its 520th episode. Fans can watch the simulcast episodes Saturdays at 10:00 pm EST on www.onepieceoffical.com.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

What about 206? That was the last of the 4:3 episodes.
          I'm listening to the podcast now. I believe Shaw said that episode 206 is 4:3 and the rest are 16:9

*EDIT*

I see the PR mentions this
          Last edited by JacksonHoltorp; 10-28-2011, 07:07 PM.
          http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
          https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

Well, that will make a lot of people happy! As for me, I'll watch it on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              episodes 207-263 will be featured in HD 16:9 and contains the Water 7 Saga.

Hrmm.... Very odd...

Comment

I was hoping this was what the countdown was about. Obviously happy to see it announced. It's quite a gap, but I was expecting it.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

It had been in the works, and now the announcement has come. That's great to hear that more is on its way.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
                  Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

YES YES YES YES!!! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!! This is the best news I have gotten all day. Not to mention tye are going to release them on BD from the get go. AWESOME!!!!!
                    I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

Very cool news, but the 4:3/16:9 thing makes me wonder even more why 206 wasn't included in the last set.
                      My animé & figure collections
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings
                      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

It's about time. The fan demand must be strong for them to get this with no TV deal.
                        Back from the Mania dead!
                        "Old School does not start at 2008!" -- David Williams

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                          YES YES YES YES!!! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!! This is the best news I have gotten all day. Not to mention tye are going to release them on BD from the get go. AWESOME!!!!!
                          From the PR (posted in the first post), it's not 100% clear that a Blu-ray release will be released along side with the DVDs (standalone or combo). It very well could be released later on after the DVD release. I get we won't know for sure until more release details gets revealed.

Comment

Not a One Piece fan, but it's good news for the people that are. And when all of season 4 is released, they'll have released 263 episodes! That's really impressive; it makes One Piece Funi's second longest show, after Dragonball Z (in terms of episodes released).

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                              Very cool news, but the 4:3/16:9 thing makes me wonder even more why 206 wasn't included in the last set.
                              OP's brand manager said that that's just how the contract worked out (the implication being he thought it was weird too). Do you honestly expect anything less than insanity from Toei?

I'm so excited about this release, even if it is just 58 episodes (out of the 320+ they're behind by; everyone please buy these sets so that Funi will license more and we can maybe get to the point where Funi started its simulcasting! [that'd be ep391]). By the time S4 comes out, I'll probably have a Blu-Ray player, so I'd be really tempted to buy BD sets if they're released concurrently with the DVD sets (please, Funi, avoid combo packs; they annoy your customers that only have DVD).
                              "Old School does not start at 2008!" -- David Williams
                              Avatar: Rarity beckons you to join the Pony Legion.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X