Widgets Magazine

Strawberry Panic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [US BD] Strawberry Panic

    Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI (Media Blasters)

    - Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $49.99 - 6/26/18 [sub]
    Strawberry Panic the Complete Series contains episodes 1-26 of the anime directed by Masayuki Sakoi.

    Special Features: Textless Opening and Closing sequences.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-17-2018, 09:49 PM.

  • #2
    Wow...I'm a little surprised this is being re-released now on Blu-Ray. (Yet Yamibo STILL has no Blu release. )

    Comment


    • #3
      I take it this is an in-house upscale? Not counting what happened with Kite, I've heard horror stories about their live-action upscales and I don't think there was a BD release for this show in Japan.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder how many delays it will receive until it is ultimately canceled like Yamibo?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
          I don't think there was a BD release for this show in Japan.
          I got curious, so I checked to see if there is a Blu-Ray release in Japan. There isn't one.

          Comment


          • #6
            https://youtu.be/9ZWP6Mi38qk?t=649
            https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=15784947
            https://twitter.com/Pikagreg/status/1065874273410048000

            Apparently this release is SD Blu-ray, on two BD25s, and is hardsubbed plus there are no chapter stops except at the beginning of each episode.
            Last edited by NJ_; 11-23-2018, 03:07 AM.
            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
              https://youtu.be/9ZWP6Mi38qk?t=649
              https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=15784947
              https://twitter.com/Pikagreg/status/1065874273410048000

              Apparently this release is SD Blu-ray, on two BD25s, and is hardsubbed plus there are no chapter stops except at the beginning of each episode.
              HAHAHAHA!!! ... *Sigh*

              I'll keep my DVDs!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                https://youtu.be/9ZWP6Mi38qk?t=649
                https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=15784947
                https://twitter.com/Pikagreg/status/1065874273410048000

                Apparently this release is SD Blu-ray, on two BD25s, and is hardsubbed plus there are no chapter stops except at the beginning of each episode.
                Well this is Media Blasters we're talking about so it's amazing that they still manage to release anything at all.

                I picked this up out of curiosity and can confirm that all the above is accurate. So yeah, not worth the purchase if you own the (non DVD-R) DVDs.
                Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B Cranell View Post

                  Well this is Media Blasters we're talking about so it's amazing that they still manage to release anything at all.

                  I picked this up out of curiosity and can confirm that all the above is accurate. So yeah, not worth the purchase if you own the (non DVD-R) DVDs.
                  I personally don't mind them moving to releasing SD BDs because their upscales were always questionable and their current alternative is DVD-Rs but for this, they should have advertised it as such because there's nothing on the cover and discs about it being in 480i SD right? Also, I'm pretty sure they could have fit the entire show in SD on 1 disc, even on a BD25, so why even bother with a second disc at all? To me it continues the illusion that it's upscaled HD because of the times when Sentai and Discotek were releasing one-cour HD releases on single BD50s.

                  As for the hardsubs, that's just stupid and makes me wonder if these were also used for the show's TOKU broadcast from a while back...
                  Last edited by NJ_; 11-24-2018, 01:43 AM.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

                  Comment

                  Today's Birthdays

                  Collapse

                  Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

                  Channels

                  Collapse

                  Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X