Widgets Magazine

Funimation August 2018 Solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this approach of releasing entire seasons/series without the DVDs, but unlike their Attack on Titan season 1 set it looks like slipcovers are also being ditched, which is a bit disappointing. That said, I?ll definitely be taking advantage of this opportunity to pick up shows I missed before, like Assassination Classroon season 2 (when it comes) and Code Geass

Comment

nothing for me, I don't like the double(triple) banners on the classics releases at all.
      My Anime List
      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

I'm absolutely shocked that My First Girlfriend is a Gal is getting a LE release. I wonder who watched that piece of trash that season. I get that Funi can't give every deserving show a LE, but that show getting one is something I'll never understand.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
        Watching: Forest of Piano, Seraph of the End, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          I'm absolutely shocked that My First Girlfriend is a Gal is getting a LE release. I wonder who watched that piece of trash that season. I get that Funi can't give every deserving show a LE, but that show getting one is something I'll never understand.
          I don't know why you're picking on a show like that, but Gal was a big hit among FUNi's simuldub watchers on social media during the season it aired. It's no surprise it's getting an LE.
          I watched and enjoyed the show too, so I'll likely grab the LE as well.

Comment

Still no Tanya of Evil. Wonder what the hold up on that is.

Comment

Ew, those new banners look awful. Hopefully they look better in person. From this list just Iron Blooded Orphans and possibly Ass Class for me. I'm going to track down the old release of Ergo Proxy. The hideous Classics border is chasing me away from picking up Overlord.

That being said, digital copies instead of stupid DVDs is a very, very welcome addition, so good on Funi for that at least.
              Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                Ew, those new banners look awful. Hopefully they look better in person.
                They are a TRILLION times better than the old Anime Classics though! No stupid spines, no ugly as all hell border either!! Fantastic improvement imo.
                Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                  nothing for me, I don't like the double(triple) banners on the classics releases at all.
                  Agreed, especially with the "Blu-ray + Digital HD" banner, A better way would have been to do like they have done for their movie releases but without the DVD text on them.

The only positive is if they drop the ugly SAVE banner in favor of this on their next set of releases.

EDIT: Oh I see now.....if they're dropping the slipcovers for these releases, why not put the "Classics" text on the same banner as "Blu-ray + Digital HD" but below that? There's definitely enough room on there to try it.
                  Last edited by NJ_; 05-16-2018, 10:36 PM.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Agreed, especially with the "Blu-ray + Digital HD" banner, A better way would have been to do like they have done for their movie releases but without the DVD text on them.

The only positive is if they drop the ugly SAVE banner in favor of this on their next set of releases.
                    If the SAVE line is still around. I've noticed the complete collections haven't been going straight to Classics or SAVE lately like they were a while ago. A SAVE releases haven't happened since December.
                    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                      It looks like Funimation has started phasing out DVDs in favor of Digital Copies judging by some of the releases.
                      Which is GREAT for space and having useless doubles of discs... but with the digital copies just being usable through their site/app (and not Ultraviolet, Vudu, or MoviesAnywhere)... they are of no use if you're already a subscriber, right? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Will update first post later today.

Some of the releases are up @ http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/mov...isplay=16,pg=0 (some are 50% off for CR titles)

Comment

Originally posted by IamBoogiepop View Post

Which is GREAT for space and having useless doubles of discs... but with the digital copies just being usable through their site/app (and not Ultraviolet, Vudu, or MoviesAnywhere)... they are of no use if you're already a subscriber, right? Or am I missing something?
                          Yeah pretty much. Plus I haven't actually been able to redeem my code for MHA S2 Part 1 yet.
                          "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Wow, this is a fantastic and super strong slate with good new shows and rereleases of fan favorites. I am also very glad to see Funimation staring to fade out that ancient technology known as "DVD"; WELCOME TO THE FUTURE.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post
                              I am also very glad to see Funimation staring to fade out that ancient technology known as "DVD"; WELCOME TO THE FUTURE.
                              Not quite until they start doing 4K upscales.
                              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Not quite until they start doing 4K upscales.
                                Fair enough. WELCOME TO THE RECENT PAST then?

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X