• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Scum's Wish

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sentai Filmworks Grants "Scum's Wish"

HOUSTON, TX, May 10, 2018 - Sentai Filmworks today announced it acquired exclusive distribution rights to the acclaimed anime series, Scum's Wish, for home video and electronic sell-through in for USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Adapted from the manga by Mengo Yokoyari, serialized in Square Enix's Big Gangan, the 12-episode series' striking visuals, courtesy of Lerche (Monster Musume, School-Live!), envelope the story of young lovers who each ache for the unattainable, unreciprocated love of another.

At first glance, high school sweethearts Hanabi Yasuraoka and Mugi Awaya appear to have the perfect relationship and while the two enjoy each other's physical companionship, they are merely using each other to feel anything other than pain as both Hanabi and Mugi are in love with other people. As this tangled web of emotions continues to ensnare others, viewers are exposed to the painful side of love, making this series often difficult to watch yet impossible to look away.

Sentai Filmworks' releases will include an English-language subtitle version and an English dubbed version produced by Sentai Studios. The dub is now in production.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-10-2018, 04:06 PM.

I knew that somebody was going to release this show on BD, and it had a solid chance for a dub. So it's about time we get answers as to who is going to release the BDs for these Amazon-exclusive shows that went to what used to be Anime Strike. The first domino has fallen with Scum's Wish. The question now will be whether the dub will be streaming on HIDIVE and/or Amazon seeing that Amazon has the sole streaming rights, while Sentai apparently is getting only the home video rights. The only other Amazon-exclusive title that has been licensed for home video is Kabaneri, and after initially putting the dub on Funimation, they were removed as from the look of things, they were illegally uploaded in violation of Amazon's exclusive agreement. Seeing that Sentai had a past relationship with Amazon that it could very well come to Amazon and not HIDIVE.

In any case, they got the ball rolling, and hopefully other Amazon exclusives will get picked up in short order. Next up should be Aniplex getting Saekano Flat and Re:Creators, while Funimation gets Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul from the spring 2017 season.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Silence Suzuka, Umamusume: Pretty Derby
    Watching: Hyouka, Persona 4, Gintama, Buddyfight X, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      So it's about time we get answers as to who is going to release the BDs for these Amazon-exclusive shows that went to what used to be Anime Strike.
      You say this as if all Amazon titles getting BD releases is a sure thing. I hope it happens (at least the worthy stuff), but there has NEVER been a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post

You say this as if all Amazon titles getting BD releases is a sure thing. I hope it happens (at least the worthy stuff), but there has NEVER been a guarantee.
        Well, I didn't intend to say that all of them will (and I don't see anybody releasing BDs for Battery or Dive!! at the very least), but this is to emphasize the point that there has been no news on that front for quite a long time since Crunchyroll announced the home video license for Kabaneri two years ago. I'm pretty sure that between Crunchyroll/Funimation, Sentai, and Aniplex that somebody is greatly interested in releasing some of these titles on BD and possibly with a dub.
        Last edited by Buckeye; 05-10-2018, 02:12 PM.
        Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This is great news! Hopefully we see more Amazon titles licensed for home video soon.

Comment

After seeing the edited press release, Sentai has the home video and DTO rights, but not the streaming rights. So that means they can't put it on HIDIVE and for the dub (which is out of Houston since it's Sentai's call and not Amazon's) it's Amazon or bust.

Comment

Glad to hear this news. They're a good fit, and I hope they produce a good dub for it.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Scum's Wish: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 9/25/18
                - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ete-collection
                Special Features: Japanese Trailers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
                Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (75 min) eps. 10-12

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X