Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Record of Lodoss War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next episode previews for the Record of Lodoss OVA have been removed from the episodes, and included only as an extra. The next episode previews seem to be Japanese only, can't Funimation handle branching for Blu-rays?

Comment

I do find that odd considering CPM dubbed the previews with Bill Timoney reprising his role as Parn for the 2002 DVD set.

Comment

So whens the Uk set Ment to be hitting ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin The Third View Post
          The more I think about it the more I just can't support this release. This reeks of bargain bin. This is exactly why I NEVER want Funnymation to touch a franchise I care about. This is such a special anime; easily right there witho Macross Plus, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Bubblegum Crisis, etc. And the Japanese release for this is soooooo nice by comparison and doesn't include the awful TV series slopped in the package because they can't sell it otherwise. Pass. I'm going to hold out for a nicer Korean, HK, AU, or other release.
          okey anyone else taking a Chop at this ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikezilla2 View Post

okey anyone else taking a Chop at this ?
            Sorry I got too intense for you! I realize the error of my ways. No one wants a nice set like the japanese release for a series like this that people will still want to watch decades from now. Instead I should get upset about some issue with Akane-chan Hunts For Panites in a Mysterious Kuronake Dungeon!#! Is it Wrong (TM). You know, real anime that matters!

But feel free to "chop" away at a very calmly stated opinion from six months ago.

Edit: obvious anger flame deleted. -d1
            Last edited by dunno001; 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin The Third View Post

Sorry I got too intense for you! I realize the error of my ways. No one wants a nice set like the japanese release for a series like this that people will still want to watch decades from now. Instead I should get upset about some issue with Akane-chan Hunts For Panites in a Mysterious Kuronake Dungeon!#! Is it Wrong (TM). You know, real anime that matters!

But feel free to "chop" away at a very calmly stated opinion from six months ago.

Edit: obvious anger flame deleted. -d1

i dont even Konw Where or What all this Is ?

you said you were holding out for a HK or UK relase / Koren and i was wondering if any other compneys are taking a Chop at it ? cant say i care for anything Moe related i guess its a bit of a let Down if you or no one wants to Support a release but thats nether here or there more then half the time i end up turning to Uk imports as local Prices alot higher compared with whats on offer

Comment

Originally posted by mikezilla2 View Post

i dont even Konw Where or What all this Is ?

you said you were holding out for a HK or UK relase / Koren and i was wondering if any other compneys are taking a Chop at it ? cant say i care for anything Moe related i guess its a bit of a let Down if you or no one wants to Support a release but thats nether here or there more then half the time i end up turning to Uk imports as local Prices alot higher compared with whats on offer
                Haha..ok, sorry my mistake. I totally misread the intent of your post.

Comment

https://sneakerbunko.jp/lodoss30th/

​​​​​​Lots happening for series 30th anniversary. Reissue of RPG books, Symphony of the Night-inspired 2D game staring Deedlit, new novel, and major price-down reissue of the Blu-Ray OVA set. Here's to hoping for English Subs but that of course won't happen because, you know...reasons or some
                  ​​​​​other BS. Maybe this will inspire Alltheanime, Madman, or someone else to provide a nicer region free alternative for the OVAs.
                  ​​​

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Record of Lodoss War: OVA + Chronicles of the Heroic Knight Collection (Blu-ray) (Essentials) - 1000 minutes - $34.98 - 8/6/19
                    - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...s-bd-blr-00395
                    Special Features: Next Episode Previews, Commercials, Textless Songs

Comment

That is an incredible value. Glad I waited.
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

What's so different about this reissue as opposed to the last one? Is it that both series are on BD? IF so, that's a damn fine price.

Comment

Originally posted by JTurner View Post
                          What's so different about this reissue as opposed to the last one? Is it that both series are on BD? IF so, that's a damn fine price.
                          Only the OVA series is on BD. The TV series is on DVD and quite frankly, people just didn't care for the TV series. Essentials releases basically sell the same product as the first releases with a big price markdown.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The TV series WAS an odd duck, to be sure, but the OVA is a classic.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X