• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Record of Lodoss War

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...ord-lodoss-war
    Funimation Acquires “Record of Lodoss War”
    April 14, 2017

We’re excited to announce today that Funimation has acquired the rights to Record of Lodoss War, releasing on 7/18/17! This release will include both the original OVA series as well as the TV series on DVD only, both features include the original 1990’s CPM dubs!

Keep an eye out for pre-orders going live soon for:

Record of Lodoss War – Complete OVA series BD/DVD Combo
    &
    Chronicles of the Heroic Knight – The Complete Series – DVD
    Last edited by WTK; 04-14-2017, 10:32 PM.

Re: Funimation licenses Record of Lodoss War

WOW! Didn't expect Funimation to be the ones to get this. Cannot wait to own this on Blu Ray!
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

so it will be DVD only first and than the latter ?

ether way i suspect anime limted will partner for it

Comment

Originally posted by mikezilla2 View Post
        so it will be DVD only first and than the latter ?
        No, the DVD-only is for the TV series which never got a Blu-ray release in Japan like the OVA did in 2013.
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Have to admit I find this one rather surprising that Funi woukd touch it given the age of the series (also really really wanted DT to pick this up). A couple requests if any Funi-folks read this forum:

1) Please no dubtitiles
          2) Can we get a nice special edition for the OVA set like Bebop?
          3) If there is an LE for the OVAs PLEASE include the three OSTs!!!
          4) His name is Parn not Pan. Thanks for getting this right!
          5) Please don't hatchet off the Prologue. I seem to recall the original Japanese release featured the prologue in full before each episode yet the CPM dvd cut then down to a snippet. I always liked watching the prologue before each episode as I felt it set the tone of the series so well.

Great pick-up. I recently rewatched the CPM DVDs and this release desperately needs a better quality reissue so good job Funi.

Edit: Corrected #4 since I glimpsed at this earlier and missed that they have Parn's name correct and added #5. Still want an LE with the OSTs though...
          Last edited by Lupin The Third; 04-14-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin The Third View Post
            Have to admit I find this one rather surprising that Funi woukd touch it given the age of the series (also really really wanted DT to pick this up). A couple requests if any Funi-folks read this forum:

1) Please no dubtitiles
            2) Can we get a nice special edition for the OVA set like Bebop?
            3) If there is an LE for the OVAs PLEASE include the three OSTs!!!
            4) His name is Parn not Pan.

Great pick-up. I recently rewatched the CPM DVDs and this release desperately needs a better quality reissue so good job Fui.
            Well, there's isn't gonna be one since they already announced a release date and showed the packaging, so looks like you're not getting 2 or 3.
            Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

But I don't want that garbage "Chronicles of the Heroic Knight" TV series! Why did they have to bundle them together? Maybe they knew that was the only way they could sell the TV series...

Comment

I purchased the JP BD-Box for the OVAs three months ago and rewatched the series, so I probably won't pick this up, unless Funi includes something special with the set (such as a 1:1 translated copy of the amazing artbook). Like russ869, I don't care about Chronicles of the Heroic Knight.
                Last edited by Anime_Otaku35; 04-14-2017, 09:39 AM.
                "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Not sure if I am going to upgrade from my DVD set of the OVA. I did want to check out the TV series, so there is a chance I might pick this up.
                  Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                  Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                  Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

I am not going to lie. This is SOOOOOO FREAKIN' AWESOME! I only hope they maintain the Central Park Media dub with Lisa Ortiz -- I always liked the OVA dub in spite of being a product from the 1990's. The Chronicles TV dub was much iffier, though; lots of voice changes and some particularly bad performances from some of the minor characters. I don't think they're going to redub this, though.

Comment

I checked Funimation's blog and it looks like they are indeed maintaining the CPM dubs for both series.

Comment

Wonder if we can get Rune Soldier next unless ADV somehow still has the license. I really doubt we will ever see Legend of Crystania: The Motion Picture or the Legend of Crystania OVA licensed though.

Comment

It's good to see this finally picked back up. It is a little strange to see the TV series and OVA bundled together when one is DVD only though.

Comment

Especially when the OVA and the TV series are basically two different identites. Sure, they share the same characters, but judging from the style and direction of one versus the other... you can tell that both feel disconnected from each other.

Comment

wonder if they gpt Welcome to Lodass island as well?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X