• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses HINAMATSURI

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018...st-season-ever

HINAMATSURI
    *JUST ANNOUNCED!* SimulDub Premiere: TBA
    Last edited by WTK; 03-15-2019, 11:44 PM.

Really good pick-up. Will CR/Funi or Sentai manage to get the final highlight show of the season, Hisone to Maso-tan.

Edit: CR and Funi are already dominating this season, Sentai could really use Hisone.
    Last edited by Jin12; 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I had a feeling this show wouuld end up being simuldubbed. As soon as I saw that E.T. parody for its promo poster, I knew right away.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jin12 View Post
        Really good pick-up. Will CR/Funi or Sentai manage to get the final highlight show of the season, Hisone to Maso-tan.

Edit: CR and Funi are already dominating this season, Sentai could really use Hisone.
        CR-Funi are in large part dominating because this is an unusual season where several fan favorite franchises, which Funimation holds licenses for, are coming back. Sentai was never going to beat that, but I think they did well this season licencing Tada Never Falls in Love, Devil's Line and Cutie Honey Universe, which could be highlight titles in this loaded season.

You tend to be too pessimistic about Sentai.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post

CR-Funi are in large part dominating because this is an unusual season where several fan favorite franchises, which Funimation holds licenses for, are coming back. Sentai was never going to beat that, but I think they did well this season licencing Tada Never Falls in Love, Devil's Line and Cutie Honey Universe, which could be highlight titles in this loaded season.

And not to mention, their deal with NBC Universal as Golden Kamuy is one of the most highly-anticipated shows of the season, and they probably got Dances with the Dragons from them as well. At least Sentai is giving reasons for people to subscribe to HIDIVE now that the beta period is about to end and they are getting into doing broadcast dubs, and one of their titles was expected to end up with Netflix until Sentai swooped in to get Doreiku. In any case, there are still some titles with great potential left for Sentai to get.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post

I'm not too pessimistic. Before Sentai had the Amazon money they were being completely run over in the seasons where CR and Funi were battling it out after CR also started to license shows for physical media(before CR x Funi). I was really optimistic about Sentai when Amazon came around to help fund them, Sentai got some of the best shows of last year because of Amazon. The only reason they were getting most of the best shows of last year was because of Amazon, they got lucky. Now I expect things to go back to how they were before the Amazon deal, let's be honest here, they are going up against CR, Funi, Aniplex and Netflix and Amazon.

Tada Never Falls in Love, Devil's Line look like highlights and they can both become fairly popular I guess.

Cutie Honey Universe, not so much, even if the show is positively received no one will care about it because it's from an obscure franchise of the past and I still have my doubts that it will be good, but hopefully I'm proven wrong, maybe it can be both good and popular, I love it when good anime appears and it's loved by many people. Sentai really need Hisone since they sure didn't get anything any big highlights in Winter 2018(I loved both Hakumei and Mitsuboshi colors, but they aren't the most popular shows unfortunately).
            Last edited by Jin12; 04-05-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Jin12

I agree with your assessment of why Sentai is going to have an even harder time competing with the big players without the support of Amazon. Where I differ is in thinking that HIDIVE could be a financial success that could allow Sentai to be able to license 8-10 new shows every season, and that 3-4 of them will have potential to be popular enough to be dubbed and released in fancy packaging.

I was also disappointed by what Sentai picked up for Winter, but the better showing in Spring makes me think that things are looking up. It would be good if Sentai got the Bones show, but what they have right now is good enough. Only time will tell what happens, but for now I am feeling cautiously optimist about Sentai's future.

Comment

via CR DE:

HINAMATSURI - Opening | Distance https://youtu.be/XR1Z5lyk48E

HINAMATSURI - Ending | Sake to Ikura to 893 to Musume https://youtu.be/-MzyiMgxeqU

Comment

HINAMATSURI - SimulDub Clip - Rock, Paper, Scissors https://youtu.be/s4ODGwk3-xs

Comment

HINAMATSURI - Broken Glass Is Not Combustible

Comment

HINAMATSURI - Opening | Distance

HINAMATSURI - Ending | Salted Salmon, Salmon Roe, 893, and the Girl
                      Last edited by Slowhand; 01-25-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

HINAMATSURI: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 6/4/19
                        - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ries-blr-00340
                        Special Features: Textless Songs

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          TRSI listing has been removed. Funimation Shop has updated the release date to August 13 (still available for pre-order).

Comment

Not the end of the world, but I wish that Funi would quit jumping release dates around like this; it's kind of annoying. A delay here or there I get, but it seems like they do this to a couple of releases every month.

Comment

TRSI listing is back again (with release date of August 13 as well).

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hinamatsuri-Blu-ray

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X