Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith
    replied
    I just sent mine in, so we'll see how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• SleepyDog
    replied
    So I have my own update to my earlier query--

Due to my increasing impatience and coming up on the six-month anniversary of my having confirmed delivery to Funimation of my Re:ZERO Limited Edition Blu-ray disks of part 1 as part of the replacement program, I sent another polite inquiry (2nd or 3rd) as to the status of getting replacement disks out to me. This time my correspondent at Funimation replied more specifically but with a slightly curious (to me) question of whether I had sent in Limited Edition or Standard Edition disks in for replacement. Biting my tongue about the implications of that response re: opportunities for organizational process improvement, I instead replied that the Limited Edition disks were the product I submitted and hoped for in return. Now I have been told that replacement disks have been ordered for me manually, which is good news, but that the Limited Edition disks are again out of stock and I'll have to wait for replenishment. Par for the course, I suppose, but I feel more optimism than I have for many months. (Of course, I thought that in April, too.) Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• SleepyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

Yeah, seeing that they previously did one of their replacements without requiring us to mail back those defective discs that it makes me wonder what the point of mailing them was. Last time, just a receipt was all we needed and there were zero issues with it. While it's bad enough that we got these unacceptable quality discs, the exchange process is even worse. Anyway, still no news since then.
    And this adds to my frustration and disquiet since Funimation keeps picking up licenses I want to acquire, such as How Not to Summon a Demon Lord and Tsugumomo. Demon Lord has been delayed, I hope, in an effort to prevent another fiasco like Re:ZERO, and as much as I would enjoy adding Tsugumomo to my collection, reports of its censored release are putting me off.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by russ869 View Post
    Really hoping Funimation sends me my replacement discs. Otherwise, why did I mail them my originals? I'd rather have my old botched discs back then nothing at all...
    Yeah, seeing that they previously did one of their replacements without requiring us to mail back those defective discs that it makes me wonder what the point of mailing them was. Last time, just a receipt was all we needed and there were zero issues with it. While it's bad enough that we got these unacceptable quality discs, the exchange process is even worse. Anyway, still no news since then.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post
    Does anyone have any news to report since the last update here on August 8th?
    Sure don't.

Leave a comment:

• SleepyDog
    replied
    Does anyone have any news to report since the last update here on August 8th?

Leave a comment:

• russ869
    replied
    Really hoping Funimation sends me my replacement discs. Otherwise, why did I mail them my originals? I'd rather have my old botched discs back then nothing at all...

Leave a comment:

• Spoofer
    replied
    I had some health issues that sidetracked my ability to get the discs back to them in March, so I sent them an E-mail to try to set up the exchange/replacement again a couple weeks back, and haven't gotten a reply back yet so far.

Funimation continues to be the absolute best. =/

Leave a comment:

• SleepyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Would be swell to get my first copies of the discs now that people are getting their second.
    So we're into August now, and I'm still waiting like you and others for any replacement of the discs I sent back in March. Does anyone feel like these discs are being burned individually, in an artisanal manner, maybe at the rate of one per day? (Sorry for the sarcasm; the summer heat must be finally getting to me.)

Leave a comment:

• B Cranell
    replied
    I picked up the LE set a couple of months ago and mailed my discs in for replacement on June 7th. Received the new set today! I was prepared to wait for several months based on what I'd read on this board so I'm pretty happy now.

Leave a comment:

• Schaef
    replied
    Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Would be swell to get my first copies of the discs now that people are getting their second.
    I'm in the same boat.

Leave a comment:

• BalmungHHQ
    replied
    Sure enough, my replacement discs with the Limited Edition disc art arrived today as well.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    I just received the LE discs and it comes with a letter (see below).

https://i.imgur.com/JOCz3rG.jpg
    Dear Funimation Customer,

We appreciate your continued support! We would like to let you know today why you are receiving another set of Re:ZERO Season One Part One Blu-ray discs.

As you are aware, due to the incorrect video materials being received and used to produce home video, there were fairly significant issue with the video quality in our release. We produced the new discs with the proper materials, and we were able to provide the new discs to customers who sent us their existing discs as proof of purchase.

Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that customers who had purchased and returned their Limited Edition discs received the Standard Editions discs in replacement. The video content on the discs is the same, but the disc artwork differs significantly between the two editions. For this reason, we have decided to send discs with the Limited Edition artwork to all customers who requested replacements. We are not asking for any discs to be returned, and we hope that you will enjoy these replacements in addition to the ones you should have received.

We apologize for the ongoing issues with this release, and we hope that you understand that this is not representative of our standards for quality home video product. We hope you will continue to support us, and we are always open and encourage your feedback.

Thank you,

Funimation Entertainment
    Last edited by WTK; 07-20-2019, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied
    Then that means they sent me the standard edition discs then because I had different disc art. Huh. Well, I really don't care since the corrected disc content is the same and I've never really been a huge stickler for consistency on Blu-Rays. If they send me the LE discs, cool. If they don't, that's fine too. I'm not going to say anything to Funi though,

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X