Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikagreg View Post

That bitrate is way higher than the episode I took one from lol
    The bitrates on disc 2 are higher in general- each episode is approximately ~7GBs, with the last being ~8GB. Not that it means much considering the compression is still a problem, though it looks like the source might be partially to blame too, similar to Steins;Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post

The bitrates on disc 2 are higher in general- each episode is approximately ~7GBs, with the last being ~8GB. Not that it means much considering the compression is still a problem, though it looks like the source might be partially to blame too, similar to Steins;Gate.
      That is interesting. I only ripped Disc 1 and each episode is like 4.7gb with two that are 4.95. My graph was from Episode 21 I think.
      Last edited by Pikagreg; 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019...cement-program

[...]

Our Customer Support will provide you a return authorization number that you will need to include when mailing your Blu-ray discs along with the mailing address. Once you have received your reference number and the mailing address, please send your existing Blu-ray discs for Part 1 as your proof of purchase (no paper receipt required).
        ^
        Our Customer Support will provide you a return authorization number that you will need to include when mailing your Blu-ray discs along with the mailing address. Once you have received your reference number and the mailing address, please pack your existing Blu-ray discs for Part 1 with paper or plastic disc sleeves and send them as your proof of purchase (no paper receipt require). Funimation will not pay for the return shipping fee, so one of the cheaper options for mailing is Media Mail via USPS (US Postal Service). You can find more details on Media Mail in the link towards the bottom half of the page.

Comment

I'd say sending the discs in a bubble mailer via first class mail would be the cheapest method over media mail since it's JUST the discs themselves. If the packaging had to be sent back, THEN media mail would make more sense. But I have to do a lot of mailings at work, so that's why I'd know that. Not every person would since mailing stuff is more rare these days.
          Last edited by Art-chan; 02-09-2019, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
            I'd say sending the discs in a bubble mailer via first class mail would be the cheapest method over media mail since it's JUST the discs themselves.
            First class can be cheaper and in this case, it should be. I've mailed a lot of single volume BD releases in mailers with first class being the cheapest option. It's also quicker, so delivery should take only a couple of days instead of a week (depending how close you are to them).

Comment

Got an email from Funi regarding the RMA:

"Thank you for contacting Funimation Support. We appreciate your business.

We apologize for the production error with the Re:Zero discs. Your return authorization number is #**** Please mail the defective discs, as well as the above return authorization number, to the following address:

Mainfreight
              Ref #****
              501 Gerault Rd, Suite 120
              Flower Mound TX 75028

Please pack your existing Blu-ray discs for Part 1 with paper or plastic disc sleeves and send them as your proof of purchase. You do not need to mail them in a disc case.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank You!

Funimation Support"

Comment

I think I'll just wait for the complete collection with the corrected discs rather than bother getting two sets and deal with the mailing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jala12 View Post
                  I think I'll just wait for the complete collection with the corrected discs rather than bother getting two sets and deal with the mailing stuff.
                  If I hadn't already bought Part 1, I would have done the same thing, but since I already have the two parts, I'll deal with mailing in the faulty discs. At least they're making it easy and just require sending in the discs.

Comment

If I hadn't already bought Part 1, I would have done the same thing, but since I already have the two parts, I'll deal with mailing in the faulty discs. At least they're making it easy and just require sending in the discs.
                    They could have the option of us providing proof of destroying the discs, but that's likely less a guarantee of the actual disc being destroyed and more work for them verifying its authenticity and an additional proof of purchase such as the receipt. Not sure what they'll really do with the faulty discs, but at least there's a correction. Better than nothing at all. Though they should really improve their A/V QC and compression/encoding since the very same people that brought up these complaints in the first place, are wary of these very issues Funi's had for the longest time.

Comment

How long does it take for Funi to respond to emails? I'm asking because I sent an email to request replacement Blu-Rays and I haven't heard back yet, so I'm wondering if I need to email them again.

Comment

How long does it take for Funi to respond to emails? I'm asking because I sent an email to request replacement Blu-Rays and I haven't heard back yet, so I'm wondering if I need to email them again.
                        I sent my email on the 4th and got my reply on the 9th.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

from my past experience (Code Geass), it only took them a day to reply. This recent program however, took them 5 days to reply. I'd give them a week if you haven't heard from them.

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Emailed by on the 8th and the reply didn't come until the 12th.

Comment

Got my email today! YAY!!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...