Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed Funi actually provides replacement discs instead of just ninja repressing the discs for new releases.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Opening 1 | Redo

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Ending 1 | Styx Helix

Comment

Some caps of Part 2 if anyone is interested. It is an improvement over Part 1 for sure though is still not that great looking.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=3044

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Opening 2 | Paradisus-Paradoxum

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Ending 2 | Stay Alive

Comment

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019...cement-program

Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 1 Blu-ray Disc Replacement Program

When Funimation released the home video for Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 1 Part 1 in 2018, there were reports and complaints about the video quality and the banding artifacts on the Blu-ray discs. After investigating with the licensor and Crunchyroll, we confirmed that there was a discrepancy between the materials we were instructed to use for the release, versus the materials that were actually intended for home video usage in our market. We have been discussing with the licensor and alerted them of the issue. We now have the correct materials in hand.

So now what? Because we want to make sure the fans of Re:ZERO have the best quality Blu-ray product for Season 1 Part 1, Funimation is offering a Blu-ray disc replacement program for Season 1 Part 1 home video release because of our mistake. We absolutely made sure to use the best available video materials for the upcoming Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 2 home video product, which releases February 5, 2019. No need to worry about that release!

This program starts today and will be available until October 31, 2019 in United States and Canada. Funimation will begin mailing the new Part 1 discs in March 2019, and in the meantime, you can start the process of requesting for your new discs today.

Here are the details on how to obtain your new mastered discs!

Please submit an email to funimationstore@funimation.com with the information below:
                • Email subject must include: ReZERO.
                • Please request for a new set of Blu-ray discs for Re:Zero Season 1 Part 1.
                • Required information in the body of the email for redemption:
                  • Name:
                  • Mailing Address:
                  • Email Address:
                Our Customer Support will provide you a return authorization number that you will need to include when mailing your Blu-ray discs along with the mailing address. Once you have received your reference number and the mailing address, please send your existing Blu-ray discs for Part 1 as your proof of purchase (no paper receipt required).

Funimation will mail out the new discs to customers that have followed the above process starting March 2019.

If you are still interested in purchasing Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 1 Limited Edition or Standard Edition, please make sure to check your discs for any video quality issues after purchasing. If you experience any issues, please follow the process above to receive the new discs.

Rest reassured that we are taking action to correct a mistake on this home video release. Also, we want to thank all of the fans for being who you are and letting us know when our product is not satisfactory. We strive to produce and deliver the best products for all anime fans, and we apologize for the inconvenience that this home video release has caused.

Thank you for your patience and for your support! You should be watching.
                Last edited by WTK; 02-04-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

There it is! Finally, although I do understand that these things take time to work out with everyone involved. We didn't have to send our discs back for Code Geass, did we? It's a little annoying that I'll have to find appropriate packaging and go to the post office to pay to send these discs backs. But as long as the replacement process doesn't end up being anything close to the disaster of Code Geass, I'll be happy. Let's see if they actually get these out in March with no issues.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Glad to see they are finally offering replacements, and that the trade in program runs through the fall since I'm getting ready for a move cross country next month. I'll take my time getting settled in and see how they manage to make this seemingly simple process a complete disaster before putting in my replacement request.
                    ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

So we just need to send the discs themselves, right? We DO NOT have to send the packaging?

Comment

Season 1 Part 2 screencaps

ep25 bitrate

Definitely improved over the part 1 release; banding is still visible but the artifacts are not as egregious as before.

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in a New World Season One Part Two - Official Trailer - Available Now

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                            So we just need to send the discs themselves, right? We DO NOT have to send the packaging?
                            Yes, they said to send just the discs.
                            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

It's great to see that Funimation is doing this as while it's one thing for the video quality BD to be inferior to the Japanese release that is pretty typical due to the practice of squeezing in as many episodes as they can, there's just no excuse for it being worse than the quality of the streams. I don't know what happened the first time around, but I'm definitely glad that they did something about this.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
                              Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                                Season 1 Part 2 screencaps

ep25 bitrate

Definitely improved over the part 1 release; banding is still visible but the artifacts are not as egregious as before.
                                That bitrate is way higher than the episode I took one from lol

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X