Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would certainly be ideal if this meant that not only is Funimation fixing the video issues for the second cour but is prepared to offer replacement discs for the first. I almost feel like it would be worse to have the quality switch from one episode to the next within one season like that. Okay, maybe not worse, but it would be awfully nice if they fully remedied this issue.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

That certainly is a promising sign there that Funimation is taking these complaints seriously and hopefully it means a replacement is coming for the first half. It's one thing for the video quality not to be as good as the Japanese release, but it's another thing entirely when it doesn't even beat that of the streams.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        S1P2 BD/DVD original release date was September 18. Release date is updated to October 30 @ https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00757.
        It looks like S1P2 BD/DVD is delayed again. It's no longer available for pre-order @ Funimation Shop.

Comment

Crossing my fingers this means that they're fixing the quality issues that plagued part 1. Also hoping this leads to some actual action about sending out replacements for the part 1 discs.
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

E-mail from Crunchyroll, from where I ordered Part 2.

We know you've been waiting patiently for Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World - Season One Part Two. Unfortunately, the US release has been delayed from its original date of October 2018 in order to improve the quality of the product, and a new release date has not yet been determined. Rest assured we will email you a notification when the new release date has been assigned.
            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Season 1, Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD) - 325 minutes - $64.98 - 2/5/19 (was 10/30/18 & 9/18/18)
              - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00757
              Special Features: Re: PETIT ~Re: Starting Life in Another World From PETIT~, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Comment

So were the issues fixed? Will Part 1 get fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                  So were the issues fixed? Will Part 1 get fixed?
                  Finally an update from some over on the BD forums.

So I kept pestering Funimation about Re:Zero part 1 and finally got a reply since the last one I got in June:

"We apologize for the extensive delay regarding the Blu-ray of Re:zero. This is a large issue we are still looking into. At this time, there has been no update regarding it.

I can confirm your case was escalated to our development team, however.

Once again, we greatly apologize for the delay without any update!"
                  Well it has been a while but some news is better than no news at all. At the very least it sounds like they aren't pretending it's not a problem anymore. The delay of part 2's release was also a good indication that they went back to look at just how badly they've messed up. I'm sure now they are just trying to find any possible way to address this officially without having to hand out replacement discs to every single person who purchased Part 1.
                  ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Who knows if the final result would have been the same, but I can't help feel like the separation between FUNimation and Crunchyroll would delay any fix into never getting fixed...

Comment

I'm hoping that this will get resolved, but the moment of truth will come when the second half is released. At least Funimation acknowledges that they haven't forgotten about it, but one has to know if they are seriously working on getting this problem fixed.
                      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in a New World Season One Part Two - Official Trailer - Coming Soon

Comment

I'd be pretty pissed if Funi doesn't offer replacement discs for those of us who purchased part 1.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

It's worth noting that Sly Ip of Madman confirmed via the company's Madboard forums that the upcoming Australian Re:Zero Part 1 release is using new masters. So that's certainly a good sign about replacement discs happening.

http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=29658
                            The re:zero release will be based on a new master we've been told.
                            http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=29659
                            We will be releasing it with a new master that is correct.
                            Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

That is certainly a promising sign there. So at the very least the picture quality problems with the second half are going to get fixed from the look of things, and now the next step is for Funimation to offer replacement discs (once that happens, I'll know for sure that the second half got an overhaul). While it is a stretch for the quality of the domestic release to match that of the Japanese one, at the very least it needs to be as good as the streams, which for some bizarre reason just isn't the case here with what we got back when it was released.

Comment

Certainly sounds like we should be getting replacements at some point. Let's hear it, Funimation!
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...