Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Or could it be like Slayers? The previews only worked when you had the Japanese with subtitles on, but were skipped when the dubbed played.
    I'm deaf so I cannot completely verify this.

I checked both audios. Duration times stay same and next episode previews never showed up.

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.133243

Re:Zero's Western Blu-rays Show Color Banding Artifacts, Companies Respond

Discs ship from Funimation, Anime Limited

The Re:Zero Blu-ray Disc sets released in the United States from Funimation Entertainment and in the United Kingdom from Anime Limited show color banding artifacts visible in some frames. The frames where it is noticeable show bands of color instead of a smooth gradient.

Media OCD CEO and ANN columnist Justin Sevakis explained, "This is a common problem that crops up whenever the video was stored in a format somewhere in the production process that squeezes the bandwidth of the color data of a video signal too much."

Anime Limited President Andrew Partridge commented in May, following an early release at MCM Comic Con, that Anime Limited is speaking to the licensor and authoring company, as well as running its own checks. He noted that, while the problem is "disappointing," it does not fit "the common vernacular definition of defective" in order for Anime Limited to replace the discs.

Funimation told ANN that it is "continuing to gather information" after hearing from fans about the issue. The company confirmed that the Blu-ray Disc uses materials approved by the licensor.

"I've had master files delivered to me from Japan like this," Sevakis told ANN. "Some Japanese production companies still deliver or store video in outdated file and tape formats that are not acceptable by today's standards."

Sevakis added that video analysis can catch an issue like this and, if better masters are not available, the video could be filtered to remove "90-95% of the artifacts," so as to make them unnoticeable to most viewers.

Re:Zero shipped on Blu-ray Disc in the U.S. on Tuesday and is slated for release in the U.K. on June 25.

Sources: Funimation's Re:Zero Blu-ray Disc 1, Email correspondence with Funimation, Anime UK News forum

Disclosure: Justin Sevakis has authored other discs for Anime Limited.

Comment

At least Funimation is looking into the problem. But nevertheless while it might not be possible to get it to the Japanese level, at the very least it needs to be better quality than the streams. From the look of things, it's very possible that the second half release gets delayed to address this mastering screw-up.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Since these are already shipping and many people already have their copies, our best case scenario is that we end up with the Code Geass fiasco again... Hopefully they're figured some shit out at their fulfillment center, but that's if they even acknowledge it as worth fixing. I imagine it will take as much prodding as that did for them to give in.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Reply email from Funimation support:

"Thank you for voicing your concerns about the recent Re: Zero release.

We?ve heard from a handful of people that there may be issues with this release. We used the approved materials from the licensor under their direction, however based on wh
            at we're hearing from our fans, we?re continuing to further investigate this issue.

Our fans and their feedback are important to us and we want to make sure you have the best anime experience possible?thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Thank You!"

Comment

screencaps

Comment

Jesus, what a disaster...
                Thanks Failmation.

Comment

Mamiko Noto is credited as Noto Mamiko while the other Japanese actors and (presumably) staff use first-last naming convention...
                  @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                    Mamiko Noto is credited as Noto Mamiko while the other Japanese actors and (presumably) staff use first-last naming convention...
                    Pointing that out to the Japanese side (Kadokawa and White Fox) would probably be enough to get FUNimation in trouble and force them to fix the discs
                    ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Man, what a disaster this release has been. Funimation really needs to go back to the save point and start the BD authoring from zero as it has been one misstep after another. Hopefully, they can send out replacements and get it fixed because this is just unacceptable. At least the disc aspect can be replaced relatively easily.

On the bright side, I just received my copy from the Crunchyroll store, and it arrived without any problems aside from the late shipment and the inexcusably bad picture quality on the discs. I must say that I could certainly make due without the pillowcase as that is what makes the size of the box so huge. At least it has a slot for the second half, something that is not the case for My Hero Academia.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

via CR DE:

Re: ZERO OPENING 1 | Redo (HD) https://youtu.be/k6qFYNpCupE

Re: ZERO OPENING 2 | Paradisus-Paradoxum (HD) https://youtu.be/A2xtEjVX7UA

Re: ZERO ENDING 1 | STYX HELIX (HD) https://youtu.be/IiaeDOO113A

Re: ZERO ENDING 2 | Stay Alive (HD) https://youtu.be/WgUSRQlPyH4

Comment

Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World - Pick on Someone Your Own Size

Comment

I don't know what the original release date was, but according to my Crunchy order, Part 2 has pushed out to October 30, 2018.

Comment

S1P2 BD/DVD original release date was September 18. Release date is updated to October 30 @ https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00757.

Comment

Hopefully that means they are fixing the video quality.
                                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X