Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's a stream vs. disc comparison.
    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Le sigh.

Slightly off topic, I don't imagine Funi's rereleases of titles ever fixed any of their banding issues like in Steins;Gate (so bad, though I hear the JP release might've featured the same?), Eureka Seven, Lain (?), etc.? I haven't watched Psycho Pass yet but imagine it's in the same boat? Sentai has at least fixed some of their issues in rereleases like Bodacious Space Pirates, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, etc.

Comment

Yeah, Steins;Gate was a case of a problem that already existed just being further exaggerated by FUNimation's lackluster effort. I personally, am unaware if they ever have, I doubt they would though given their normal business model. This was a joint Crunchyroll title, do they have any say in this QC? Cause if I were them I would be surprised if the physical release looked worst than the initial stream. How can we bring this to their attention?
        ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World - Opening Theme

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Season 1, Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD) - 325 minutes - $64.98 - 9/18/18
            - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00757
            Special Features: Re: PETIT ~Re: Starting Life in Another World From PETIT~, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Comment

Whoa that's one quick turnaround.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 1 - Hey, Nice Package!

Comment

Confused about something, I see/saw nothing mentioning the Part 1 release including the digital copy but part 2's packaging shows it includes a digital copy? What's the deal?
                  ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

What a botched release. The video quality is trash. Funimation needs to learn to encode blurays. Plus the oversized box sucks.

Comment

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=15199684

So, next episode previews...

...The Re:Zero BD by FUNimation didn't dub over the next episode previews. In fact, they're not even there! I know it's not a big deal, but it makes for a worse product when not given a choice to watch them. There. More wood for the fire we've set upon Re:Zero.
                      I wonder if it's another situation similar to Assassination Classroom where they're not in the episodes but as sub-only extras on the last disc?
                      Last edited by NJ_; 06-21-2018, 02:10 AM.
                      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

I wonder if it's another situation similar to Assassination Classroom where they're not in the episodes but as sub-only extras on the last disc?
                        I think you are thinking of Seven Deadly Sins. AssClass had an image that would be a preview for the next episodes.
                        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

I think you are thinking of Seven Deadly Sins. AssClass had an image that would be a preview for the next episodes.
                          Nope, I have season one of AssClass on Blu-ray (and would have bought season 2 already if not for the black crush problems those BDs have) and all of the previews are included as extras on discs 2 & 4. I don't follow Seven Deadly Sins so I wasn't aware of it happening there too.
                          Last edited by NJ_; 06-21-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

There is no next episode previews in extras.

Comment

Lol this just gets better and better. Hope this prompts Funi to actually respond to the many problems this release has.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Or could it be like Slayers? The previews only worked when you had the Japanese with subtitles on, but were skipped when the dubbed played.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X