Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any news to report since the last update here on August 8th?
    Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
    Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

• Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post
      Does anyone have any news to report since the last update here on August 8th?
      Sure don't.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by russ869 View Post
        Really hoping Funimation sends me my replacement discs. Otherwise, why did I mail them my originals? I'd rather have my old botched discs back then nothing at all...
        Yeah, seeing that they previously did one of their replacements without requiring us to mail back those defective discs that it makes me wonder what the point of mailing them was. Last time, just a receipt was all we needed and there were zero issues with it. While it's bad enough that we got these unacceptable quality discs, the exchange process is even worse. Anyway, still no news since then.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

Yeah, seeing that they previously did one of their replacements without requiring us to mail back those defective discs that it makes me wonder what the point of mailing them was. Last time, just a receipt was all we needed and there were zero issues with it. While it's bad enough that we got these unacceptable quality discs, the exchange process is even worse. Anyway, still no news since then.
          And this adds to my frustration and disquiet since Funimation keeps picking up licenses I want to acquire, such as How Not to Summon a Demon Lord and Tsugumomo. Demon Lord has been delayed, I hope, in an effort to prevent another fiasco like Re:ZERO, and as much as I would enjoy adding Tsugumomo to my collection, reports of its censored release are putting me off.

Comment

• So I have my own update to my earlier query--

Due to my increasing impatience and coming up on the six-month anniversary of my having confirmed delivery to Funimation of my Re:ZERO Limited Edition Blu-ray disks of part 1 as part of the replacement program, I sent another polite inquiry (2nd or 3rd) as to the status of getting replacement disks out to me. This time my correspondent at Funimation replied more specifically but with a slightly curious (to me) question of whether I had sent in Limited Edition or Standard Edition disks in for replacement. Biting my tongue about the implications of that response re: opportunities for organizational process improvement, I instead replied that the Limited Edition disks were the product I submitted and hoped for in return. Now I have been told that replacement disks have been ordered for me manually, which is good news, but that the Limited Edition disks are again out of stock and I'll have to wait for replenishment. Par for the course, I suppose, but I feel more optimism than I have for many months. (Of course, I thought that in April, too.) Fingers crossed!

Comment

• I just sent mine in, so we'll see how that goes.
              -Keith

Comment

• So a month after my previous query and posting (and on the eve of the deadline for requesting a replacement), I inquired yet again about the availability of replacement disks to fulfill my replacement request. Apparently the Limited Edition Blu-ray disks for part 1 of Re:ZERO are still out of stock at Funimation.

Does anyone here have any idea about why such replacement disks are so hard to come by? Who makes Blu-rays disks for Funimation anyhow? I thought I read somewhere that actually there are very few Blu-ray disk replication companies in the US, but I don't know if that is true, and even if that were true, I would think seven months would be sufficient time to fulfill replacement requests, just for the disks. My mind just reels from the poor management of this whole affair. One would never think that Funimation is one of the major national (and increasingly international) anime distribution companies from their poor customer service. I'm feeling rather frustrated.

Comment

• I believe there is only 1 replication plant left that does disc for the US . Think it is the one in Mexico . That sucks they don’t even send you the non-LE disc until they get more of the LE disc in stock . That way at least you have a set of disc . Especially after they had you send your disc in .

Comment

• Originally posted by psychopuppet View Post
                    I believe there is only 1 replication plant left that does disc for the US . Think it is the one in Mexico . That sucks they don’t even send you the non-LE disc until they get more of the LE disc in stock . That way at least you have a set of disc . Especially after they had you send your disc in .
                    Thanks, psychopuppet, for the info and condolences. Sometimes I can be very patient, but mine is fraying rather steadily now. When I read that some people were receiving regular BD discs in replacement and that Funimation was then sending out replacement LE BD discs for those, I thought, "Well, I can wait; why add extra discs for 2-3 weeks when the LEs are on the way and Funimation finally has its act together." I think I thought that briefly in July, and now we're in November, and I haven't received anything from Funimation in replacement still, and you all know the tired story by now.

Today I realized that I pre-ordered the Limited Edition of Part 1 in March of 2018 and I haven't been able to watch a semi-decent BD version of from that set yet. I'm also surprised that Funimation seems to have no idea when they might receive their next shipment of replacements discs. I get shipment updates from almost every retailer I order from. Wouldn't their supplier be sending them updates as to what was next in the pipeline and when? Or is this being handled in so piecemeal a fashion that I'd be better off asking Funimation to burn me a set by hand in their office? If anyone from Funimation or Sony, their new parent company, is perusing this, I hope you take it to heart to work on improving your customer service because this episode has frankly been a debacle.

Comment

• For anyone keeping score (besides myself and my sad bookshelf where a decent, complete copy of Re:ZERO Part 1 should be filling a space), I received word over this past Thanksgiving weekend that replacement discs for the LE version of Re:ZERO part 1 are back in stock and should be sent out soon to those awaiting. I just hope my name and address are still on that list and that I receive some discs accordingly (and that they are the right ones and that they arrive safely, etc., etc.). I'm not holding my breath (since I'd be long dead by this time), but I'll hope to be pleasantly surprised before the end of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post
                        For anyone keeping score (besides myself and my sad bookshelf where a decent, complete copy of Re:ZERO Part 1 should be filling a space), I received word over this past Thanksgiving weekend that replacement discs for the LE version of Re:ZERO part 1 are back in stock and should be sent out soon to those awaiting. I just hope my name and address are still on that list and that I receive some discs accordingly (and that they are the right ones and that they arrive safely, etc., etc.). I'm not holding my breath (since I'd be long dead by this time), but I'll hope to be pleasantly surprised before the end of this year.
                        I received mine about a week and a half ago before Thanksgiving.

Comment

• I'm hoping I can finally get them as they are long overdue. I would gladly just accept the SE discs, but they had to put us through all this.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Season 2 announced in Japan and planned for April 2020 premiere.

http://re-zero-anime.jp/news/#news-191210-2

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X