Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh, so they did mess up and send the wrong ones out to some people, huh? I just went and sent an apology to them right now, and told them I'm happy to wait for the correct artwork. I sure hope they're right about this and they are actually fixing this issue now. Sorry to hear it didn't happen in time for you.

Comment

• How odd... I was wondering why the disc art on my new discs was different. So what I got back were discs with the Regular edition art? Even though what I sent in were the discs with the Limited edition art... xD;
      Oh well, it doesn't bother me that much, since the contents are the same and I'm just happy to have the discs, lol. Still a weird mixup.

Comment

• So here's what happened. Just received a 2nd set of replacement BD's from Funi today with no prior email or contact. The included letter clarifies the situation pretty much. The 2nd picture is the 2nd relacements which have the corrected LE discart while the 3rd pic is the original replacements from May which contained the standard edition discart.
        https://imgur.com/a/cqpEp0s
        Last edited by Chisel; 07-19-2019, 06:53 PM.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisel View Post
          So here's what happened. Just received a 2nd set of replacement BD's from Funi today with no prior email or contact. The included letter clarifies the situation pretty much. The 2nd picture is the 2nd relacements which have the corrected LE discart while the 3rd pic is the original replacements from May which contained the standard edition discart.
          https://imgur.com/a/cqpEp0s
          Wow, that's really awesome of FUNimation to do!

Comment

• Yeah, was just going to mention this, but looks like you beat me to it. Totally shocked when I got the mail just now to find the discs along with the letter. Cool move on their part. Makes me wonder why they told me there would be an additional delay when these were mailed out just days after contacting them, but whatever. I'm just glad I got my discs and this is all over with now.

Comment

• I just checked my Informed Delivery and there is a package shipped out from Flower Mound.
              "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

• Would be swell to get my first copies of the discs now that people are getting their second.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Then that means they sent me the standard edition discs then because I had different disc art. Huh. Well, I really don't care since the corrected disc content is the same and I've never really been a huge stickler for consistency on Blu-Rays. If they send me the LE discs, cool. If they don't, that's fine too. I'm not going to say anything to Funi though,

Comment

• I just received the LE discs and it comes with a letter (see below).

https://i.imgur.com/JOCz3rG.jpg
                    Dear Funimation Customer,

We appreciate your continued support! We would like to let you know today why you are receiving another set of Re:ZERO Season One Part One Blu-ray discs.

As you are aware, due to the incorrect video materials being received and used to produce home video, there were fairly significant issue with the video quality in our release. We produced the new discs with the proper materials, and we were able to provide the new discs to customers who sent us their existing discs as proof of purchase.

Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that customers who had purchased and returned their Limited Edition discs received the Standard Editions discs in replacement. The video content on the discs is the same, but the disc artwork differs significantly between the two editions. For this reason, we have decided to send discs with the Limited Edition artwork to all customers who requested replacements. We are not asking for any discs to be returned, and we hope that you will enjoy these replacements in addition to the ones you should have received.

We apologize for the ongoing issues with this release, and we hope that you understand that this is not representative of our standards for quality home video product. We hope you will continue to support us, and we are always open and encourage your feedback.

Thank you,

Funimation Entertainment
                    Last edited by WTK; 07-20-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Sure enough, my replacement discs with the Limited Edition disc art arrived today as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                        Would be swell to get my first copies of the discs now that people are getting their second.
                        I'm in the same boat.

Comment

• I picked up the LE set a couple of months ago and mailed my discs in for replacement on June 7th. Received the new set today! I was prepared to wait for several months based on what I'd read on this board so I'm pretty happy now.
                          Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

Comment

• Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                            Would be swell to get my first copies of the discs now that people are getting their second.
                            So we're into August now, and I'm still waiting like you and others for any replacement of the discs I sent back in March. Does anyone feel like these discs are being burned individually, in an artisanal manner, maybe at the rate of one per day? (Sorry for the sarcasm; the summer heat must be finally getting to me.)
                            Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                            Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

• I had some health issues that sidetracked my ability to get the discs back to them in March, so I sent them an E-mail to try to set up the exchange/replacement again a couple weeks back, and haven't gotten a reply back yet so far.

Funimation continues to be the absolute best. =/

Comment

• Really hoping Funimation sends me my replacement discs. Otherwise, why did I mail them my originals? I'd rather have my old botched discs back then nothing at all...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X