Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Well, I can say that they're not going alphabetically by last name because I come in at the end of the alphabet. If they go by first names then I'd be somewhere in the middle...not that we know exactly what determines how they send these out.... Hopefully you'll get yours soon.
    Thanks for the note of optimism. Usually I am pretty patient with situations like these, but I also sent mine in March (around the Ides), and I'm itching to watch it (with the improved video) before I watch my volume 2.
    Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
    Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

• I still don't have mine yet, but I was quite late to mail it as I didn't get around to it until late March. I will wait a month and if I still don't have it, then I'll submit a ticket. That said, I would have liked to get some better communication from them and at least acknowledge that they received my defective discs and are processing my request.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        I still don't have mine yet, but . . . . I will wait a month and if I still don't have it, then I'll submit a ticket. That said, I would have liked to get some better communication from them and at least acknowledge that they received my defective discs and are processing my request.
        Your plan sounds like a reasonable course of action that I think I'll try to follow myself, but you're 100% right about Funimation's poor customer communications. The only acknowledgement I received was from the post office's tracking message that my disks were received at Flower Mound, Texas, on March 18th; the last communication I received from Funimation was their earlier e-mail providing instructions for the return of my faulty disks. I swear, many of Funimation's customer complaints would be mollified with timely, honest, and full communications with their customers. Isn't that business procedures 101?

Comment

• They are the absolute worst I swear. Are other people still waiting for their discs? I wanted to wait and hear that people were actually receiving quality replacements before sending mine in, as I have not had the best of luck dealing with FUNimation's customer service in the past, and had little to no trust in them at this point. After hearing people were happy with them here though, I sent mine in a little over a month ago.

I heard nothing from them, for over a month, so I messaged them a couple days ago to see what was going on. They just responded to me saying they never received my discs. Can you believe that?! I got a tracking number that says otherwise. I swear they are so full of it. I am absolutely sick of them, I.... Ohhhhh man. Calm down, self. Seriously, they better give me my replacements, or I will never let them hear the end of this.

Oh yeah, I got so worked up, I forgot I was wondering about this, but they asked me in their response whether I sent "the Limited Edition blu-rays or the Standard blu-rays". What the heck difference does that make? They both have the same discs don't they? Why on Earth would they want to know about that?
          Last edited by Sekiraku Bunchou; 07-11-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sekiraku Bunchou View Post
            They are the absolute worst I swear. Are other people still waiting for their discs?
            Sure am.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• "We apologize for the delay.

It looks like we did not receive these discs in our initial check-in and so we were unable to auto-ship them to you. We have had a further manufacturing issue with the LE replacement discs, so there will be an additional delay.

However, we have keyed in a manual replacement order for you at this time and the replacement discs should ship as soon as they are available."

Initial check-in? What does that even mean? First it's they didn't receive them at all, and then I show them proof that they did and they give me this nonsensical vaguery. Well, it sounds like they're going to eventually send me my discs, but are surprise surprise feeding me more excuses about why I'm going to have to wait even longer.

Someone here please explain to me though, am I wrong in thinking this is total BS with regard to the discs for the LE being different from the regular edition ones? I mean, if I had told them I got the regular edition, I fully expect they would have told me the same thing about those discs having an additional delay. I mean I can understand it taking time, so why can't they just be freaking honest with me? Every time I deal with them, it seems like for no good reason they give me some kind of lie or obvious untruth.

Comment

Are other people still waiting for their discs?
                Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

Sure am.
                And just to update this discussion, I still am. I did request an update, and Funimation wrote back that they were still sorting through all the returns, but that once a copy was specifically packed for me I would get a confirmation of shipment.

Comment

• Funny I didn't when I got my replacement disc.
                  "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Someone here please explain to me though, am I wrong in thinking this is total BS with regard to the discs for the LE being different from the regular edition ones? . . .
                    As far as I understand, the banding and visual faults were in the Blu-ray disks for this series, period, regardless of LE or regular edition. Those few here who have reported receiving replacement disks seem to agree that different disk art is being used for the replacement disks, but if there is some difference between the regular and LE BD disks otherwise, I don't recall.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're just feeding me made up excuses. Seems to be their M.O. after all. My understanding is even SAVE edition releases use the same discs as the regular and limited editions. If there were any difference between the on-disc content of the releases, I'm pretty sure it would have been noted by people here before. If packaging between the releases is the only difference, and they don't seem to be concerned about keeping the disc art consistent obviously, then seeing as how this is a disc only replacement program, there's no reason there should be any extra delay for the LE discs. That means the person who responded to me was in all likelihood being deliberately misleading, since I can't understand how you can mistakenly come up with the idea that there's a manufacturing issue was just the LE discs out of the blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SleepyDog View Post

And just to update this discussion, I still am. I did request an update, and Funimation wrote back that they were still sorting through all the returns, but that once a copy was specifically packed for me I would get a confirmation of shipment.
                        I just requested an update myself as well. It's been four months nearly and even I'm getting concerned.

Comment

• Yep, I don't know who was in charge of this, but this has just been a disaster. It's one thing for it to happen as these problems somehow went unnoticed during the quality check process. But the exchange process has been a nightmare, and they should have done things like they did with Code Geass where you just need to send a receipt and they will give you a replacement, no more questions asked. Instead they ask us to send the discs with postage at our expense, they get a batch of replacements out, and weeks later people are still asking about them and not even getting a "We're still working on it." response. I was getting ready to inquire about Re:Zero until I saw all these responses, and while I'm a patient guy, I at least want assurance that it's coming soon.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            Yep, I don't know who was in charge of this, but this has just been a disaster. It's one thing for it to happen as these problems somehow went unnoticed during the quality check process. But the exchange process has been a nightmare, and they should have done things like they did with Code Geass where you just need to send a receipt and they will give you a replacement, no more questions asked. Instead they ask us to send the discs with postage at our expense, they get a batch of replacements out, and weeks later people are still asking about them and not even getting a "We're still working on it." response. I was getting ready to inquire about Re:Zero until I saw all these responses, and while I'm a patient guy, I at least want assurance that it's coming soon.
                            Being patient can be draining. Trust me, I know

Comment

• Wow, just wow. So I couldn't just let this lie, though admitedly I probably should have, since it's obvious at this point I'm just wasting my time, but I asked them what the difference between the LE and standard discs is. I attached pictures from some ebay listings from both versions showing the discs look exactly the same, which they apprarently totally ignored because they answered me back just now saying the only difference is in the artwork. Sigh. So yeah, more evidence FUNi is scraping the bottom of the barrel I think when it comes to their customer service department. I mean it's clear from the photo someone shared in this thread earlier that they aren't keeping the disc art consistent, so telling me their trying to keep the disc art consistent is the reason for some type of additional delay is, yeah...

Edit: Okay, I wanted to be sure I wasn't making a mistake, so I went looking and found an unboxing video for the regular edition. Turns out the disc art is different between the two versions, and matches what someone posted earlier, meaning I guess the reason some folks are having to wait so long is because they actually ARE trying to keep the disc art consistent, and so if you sent discs from the LE set this is why you are apparently experiencing a longer wait than others. I guess the picture I looked at from ebay that I thought was from the standard must have come from the limited and was just being sold without the box. So, I admit I was wrong here in thinking they were lying to me about this. Still, they're really terrible at explaining things and keeping their customers informed.
                              Last edited by Sekiraku Bunchou; 07-19-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Wait what!? I bought the limited edition and they sent me discs with the regular edition art?! (Censored screaming)
                                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X