Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Widgets Magazine
    Note: it's still not 100% clear if this is a Funimation license or Crunchyroll license (with Funimation handling the distribution).

https://twitter.com/pennstateanime/s...88986711269377
    #FunimationPanel Announcement!
    ReZero: Starting Life in Another World will have an English Dub (cast list coming soon). Coming to Home Video in Summer 2018!
    https://twitter.com/KajunBowser/stat...89515134898177
    Funimation announced licensing rights to Re:Zero; expect it to be released in North America this summer. #funimationpanel #Katsucon2018
    Last edited by WTK; 02-17-2018, 04:35 PM.

Finally some news on the series! Can't wait to own the series and hope it gets a LE.

Comment

It's about time this announcement was made. This is one of the most watched shows of 2016, and I'm hoping it gets a great LE that it deserves.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.127900
        Funimation Entertainment announced at its Katsucon panel on Saturday that it will release Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- on home video starting with "season 1 part 1" this summer.

Comment

The worst-kept secret in a while, but it's good to see some real acknowledgment.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            The worst-kept secret in a while, but it's good to see some real acknowledgment.
            I am not convinced that they had it all along.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post

I am not convinced that they had it all along.
              It became quite obvious that Funimation (presumably distributing for Crunchyroll) had it when Sentai confirmed that somebody else had the license, and with this being a show with a huge profile that it was going to end up with one of the major distributors, and since Aniplex and Pony Canyon had no involvement with this show, it was down to just Funimation and Crunchyroll. Sentai's denial came after the partnership was established, and seeing that Crunchyroll had a bunch of store-exclusive merch for Re:Zero that all signs pointed towards Crunchyroll having it.

Anyway, since TV Tokyo is the producer that home video licenses have a gag order. But these days, a simuldub indicates Funimation has the home video license. This show predates the partnership, so there were lots of questions and uncertainty going on, but in the end they had it all along.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
              Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Didn't realize it's already been one and a half years since this aired. Hope Funi goes all out with this release.
                My Anime List
                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD LE) - 325 minutes - $84.98 - 6/19/18
                  - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...o-le-bld-00586
                  Limited Edition includes: Chipboard box with specialty print, 40-page art book, 6 chibi bookmarks, 20" x 30" standard pillowcase featuring characters Rem and Emilia

Special Features: Re:ZERO ~Starting Break Time From Zero~ #1-11, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
                  Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD) - 325 minutes - $64.98 - 6/19/18
                  - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00585
                  Special Features: Re:ZERO ~Starting Break Time From Zero~ #1-11, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
                  Last edited by WTK; 03-25-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Coming Soon trailer: https://youtu.be/2RzX-uQE1Yg

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (English dub eps 1) is starting to stream @ https://www.funimation.com/shows/rez...another-world-

Comment

Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World - Ending

Comment

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World - Available 6/19

Comment

Sad news, apparently some have gotten their hands on early copies in the UK and this is, quality wise, looking to be one of the worst FUNimation BDs yet. This is absolutely unacceptable imo, even Andrew over at AL has voiced his disappointment with FUNimation's work here.
                            So in this case with Re:Zero - while it strongly falls into disappointing for us too, it is not at least the common vernacular definition of defective for us. It totally deserves to be in the disappointing category though and we are looking into it as we love this show a whole bunch too (Andy has single handedly helped prop it up based on the large REM figure on his desk...which I can't help but notice isn't quite as nice as some of the Emilia figures out there...)

Best,

AP
                            Source

I am so disappointed, but what can we even do about this, the show was so popular it will sell anyway...
                            Last edited by Dimension_Tripper; 05-31-2018, 11:32 PM.
                            ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
                              Sad news, apparently some have gotten their hands on early copies in the UK and this is, quality wise, looking to be one of the worst FUNimation BDs yet.
                              The post linked is wrong on the licensor. It's TV Tokyo, not Kadokawa.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X