• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Hakumei and Mikochi

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sentai Filmworks Wins Big with the Small Forest Girls of 'Hakumei and Mikochi'

HOUSTON, TX, DECEMBER 27, 2017 - They are just 9 centimeters tall, but these little fairies will start their adventures as Sentai Filmworks' new acquisition for the Winter 2018 season.

While Hakumei is cheerful, outgoing and prefers to be outside, Mikochi is more introverted and prefers to stay indoors. These differences will set the tone for their friendship. Riding on insects and birds, creating tools from the forest and living their normal lives, they?ll show us how day to day chores can be the biggest adventure in a small world full of wonders.

'Hakumei and Mikochi' is an adaptation of the manga by Takuto Kashiki. It is directed by Masaomi Andou (07 Ghost, Fairy Tale) and produced by Lerche (Assassination Classroom, Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls). It includes elements from the Slice of Life, Seinen and Fantasy genres that will give dynamism to their small forest lives. 'Hakumi and Mikochi' is scheduled for a January 2018 broadcast in Japan. It will soon be available to stream on HIDIVE, with a home video release to follow.
    Last edited by WTK; 12-28-2017, 12:15 AM.

Wow, I would've thought for sure they would put this at least on Anime Strike, interesting.

Comment

While I was expecting Sentai to license this, I never thought that it would go to HIDIVE. Seeing that Amazon had this exclusively in Japan that I would have expected it to be the same in America through Anime Strike, but apparently not. It's a good thing I'm planning to be subscribed to HIDIVE in lieu of my usual winter bingefest seeing that everything Sentai has announced so far is on HIDIVE this season. I guess that fans were so fed up with it being delayed on Anime Strike that it may have pushed them to at least ax the exclusiveness on Amazon.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
      Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hakumei and Mikochi Official Trailer

Comment

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Hakumei and Mikochi: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $69.98- 3/19/19
          - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ete-collection
          Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
          Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (100 min) eps. 10-13

Title: HAKUMEI & MIKOCHI BLU-RAY
          Published by: Sentai Filmworks
          Distributed by: Section23 Films
          Run Time: 325 min.
          Street Date: 3/19/2019
          Format: BD
          Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
          SRP: $69.98
          Last edited by WTK; 12-06-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X