Widgets Magazine

What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (December 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (December 2017)

Widgets Magazine
    The calendar has turned to December, so that means a new one of these threads. This is the last one for 2017, so the next time one of these threads is created, it will be January. Not much more to say here as the procedure remains the same, let us know what you got, both in terms of stuff received (as a general guideline, use the month the stuff gets shipped out for your swag that you received, not when you actually get your hands on it if it ships out this month, but arrives in the next) and things you ordered that will ship out sometime in January or later.

So with that, December figures to be an active month just like what it usually is every year. I already have the Sword Art Online movie LE on order that is due to arrive later this month, and I will see what Right Stuf puts on sale that will determine this month's swag.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Keeping it simple this month. Just 2 items for me:

Bunny Drop Blu-ray/DVD Standard Edition
    Natsume's Book of Friends Season 4 Blu-ray/DVD Standard Edition

Comment

Started off the month with a few more JP imports - Domestically, I'm waiting on just one more pre-order, plus anything worthwhile I pick up in the Holiday sales... I also snagged all three NISA Premium sets for Natsume on eBay. I decided to cancel my pre-order for the Utena UE to help pay for those.

Anime Purchased in December:
      12/1 12/5 Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi 3 [JP Import BD]
      12/1 12/5 Garden of Sinners: Overlooking View 3D Theatrical [JP Import BD]
      12/1 12/14 Little Witch Academia Volume 9 [First Press Limited Edition][JP Import BD]
      12/9 12/16 Tamako Love Story [BD/DVD]
      12/9 12/16 The Dragon Dentist [BD/DVD]
      12/9 12/16 Chivalry of a Failed Knight[BD]
      12/9 12/16 Made in Abyss Art Print Set [4 Posters]
      12/14 12/21 Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1 & 2 [Premium Edition ][BD/DVD]
      12/14 12/21 Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3 [Premium Edition ][BD/DVD]
      12/14 12/21 Natsume's Book of Friends Season 4 [Premium Edition ][BD/DVD]
      12/19 3/20 Mary and the Witches Flower [Limited Edition][JP Import UHD/BD]
      12/25 NYR Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2 [BD/DVD]
      12/25 NYR The Vision of Escaflowne Part 2 [BD/DVD]
      12/25 NYR Gosick Part 1 [BD/DVD]
      12/25 NYR Joker Game [BD/DVD]
      12/25 NYR Ghost in the Shell Innocence Music Video Anthology LE [Limited Edition] [DVD]
      12/26 NYR Chaika the Coffin Princess Complete Series [BD]
      12/26 NYR Scrapped Princess [BD/DVD]
      12/29 NYR AJIN: Demi-Human Season 1 [AllTheAnime Exclusive][Collector's Edition][UK Import BD + A3 Poster]
      12/29 NYR GANGSTA. [Limited Collector's Edition][UK Import BD]
      12/29 NYR Sword of the Stranger [Limited Collector's Edition][UK Import BD/DVD]

Previous month's orders Due / Received in December:
      11/24 12/4 The Mystic Archives of Dantalian [DVD]
      11/24 12/4 Snow White with the Red Hair Season 1 [BD/DVD]
      11/24 12/4 Yona of the Dawn Part 1 [BD/DVD]
      11/24 12/4 Yona of the Dawn Part 2 [BD/DVD]
      7/19 12/11 Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Bandit Flower [First Press Limited Edition][JP Import BD]
      Last edited by t-Roy; 12-30-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Taking advantage of today's flash deal at the Sentai shop, I just placed an order for the Chihayafuru LE, and it should be shipping soon. Also, I am due to receive the Sword Art Online movie pretty soon and it shouldn't be long before the shipping notice comes as it's due out next week.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
        Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Just placed two more orders. From the Sentai shop, I got the Himouto! Umaru-chan R LE and the Hidamari Sketch BD, and from Amazon I went ahead and preordered the Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress LE seeing that the price there is comparable to the price during Funimation studio sales at Right Stuf, and I get to use some of my Amazon gift certificate to get it.

Comment

Man, it?s been awhile since I posted in one of these. Anyway, so here what I?d got for this month:

One Piece Film: Gold (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)

Pre-Orders
            Fairy Tail The Movie 2: Dragon Cry (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)
            Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)

That?s all for now, bring the new year!
            Last edited by Animeman2; 12-24-2017, 01:57 AM. Reason: Updates
            "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
            Currently Watching: My Hero Academia (S3), Fruits Basket (2019 S1), Isekai Quartet, Attack on Titan (S3 Part 2), Lupin the 3rd Part 5, Mob Psycho 100 II & A Certain Magical Index (S3).
            Finish Watching:
            JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Chio’s School Road, That Time I Reincarnated as a Slime (S1), Mysteria Friends & Mitsuboshi Colors.

Comment

So in the end, I only placed two orders for the Right Stuf holiday sale. I bought the Ranma 1/2 OVA LE and Seraph of the End Vol. 2 back when the Ranma LE was on sale during the final week. I plan on placing one more order on the Sentai shop before I call it a year as that stuff will be coming in January. I'll list everything I bought for this month, and then for all of 2017 as it's much smaller than it has been in the past.

Comment

Drifter was the sole acquisition this month. Someone in my family paid attention to the Xmas list.
                Watching: Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ozuma, Sekirei

Thank you Sentai for Fate/Stay Night : UBW
                Proud to Pre-Order Fate/Zero Box 2 on BD!!!!

Comment

December is wrapped up in purchases, and here is the final total after a busy month.

Received
                  Chihayafuru Season 1 Premium Edition Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                  Himouto! Umaru-Chan Premium Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                  Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb Blu-Ray
                  Sword Art Online The Movie Ordinal Scale Limited Edition Blu-Ray
                  Ranma 1/2 OVA And Movie Collection Limited Edition Blu-Ray
                  Seraph Of The End Vampire Reign Season 1 Part 2 Blu-Ray/DVD

Ordered
                  ​​​​​​Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD
                  ​​​​​​Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Heart Throb Premium Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Box Set
                  ​​​​​​The Perfect Insider Blu-Ray

The three ordered items are coming sometime in January. In the meantime, I'll be putting together all of my purchases in 2017.

Comment

First off Gundam Wing CUE arrived this month and it did not disappoint. This was surprisingly the lightest December I've had since I started collecting. It's mostly due to a combination of not as good holiday deals, having almost everything I want, and having only super recent titles (with little to no discounts) and low priority titles left on my to-get list. I ended up only picking up one thing from the Holiday sales, the 3rd Bleach BD, which finishes my collection of the series for me. I also placed an order for Bungo Stray Dogs and ToZ S2 on Best Buy since they had the prices up for only $1.99. Not really interested in the titles, but it'd be pretty neat if they actually honored the pricing error. Also received a few Secret Santa gifts to round out the month.

Received:
                    -Bleach Set 3 (Blu-ray)
                    -Hellsing Ultimate OVA Set 1 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) Secret Santa Gift
                    -K: Missing Kings (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) Secret Santa Gift
                    -Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Collector?s Ultra Edition (Blu-ray)

Other Received:
                    -Spice and Wolf Light Novel Volume 18 Secret Santa Gift

Ordered:
                    -Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1 (Blu-ray)
                    -Tales of Zestiria the X: Season 2 (Blu-ray)

My Anime List
                    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Haven't posted what I've gotten since mid-October, so here's everything since then:

Anohana The Flower We Saw That Day TV Series Box Set Blu-ray
                      Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga Volume 1 Blu-ray
                      Haikyu!! Season 1 Complete Premium Ed Box Set Blu-ray/DVD
                      Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin Collector's Edition Blu-ray 5
                      Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Bandit Flower 4K ULTRA HD
                      Kizumonogatari Part 3 Reiketsu Blu-ray
                      Koyomimonogatari Blu-ray
                      One Piece Season 9 Part 2 DVD
                      Sword Art Online the Movie Ordinal Scale LE Blu-ray
                      Your Name (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

As I said I would do, here are all of the purchases I made in the year 2017. These consists of titles that I received in 2017 if pre-ordered, and ordered in 2017 if it was placed after release. In other words, I count titles ordered during this year's holiday sales that will be received sometime soon in 2018, and excludes titles ordered in the 2016 holiday sales, but received in January 2017. This is how I figure out my budget for anime in a year.

Noragami Aragoto Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
                        My Hero Academia Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
                        Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Premium Edition Box Set Blu-ray/DVD
                        My Love Story Premium Edition Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Steins;Gate The Movie Load Region of deja vu Blu-ray/DVD
                        The Vision of Escaflowne Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD
                        Food Wars! Premium Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Flying Witch Premium Edition Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                        K Missing Kings Blu-Ray/DVD
                        K Return Of Kings Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Chihayafuru Season 1 Premium Edition Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Himouto! Umaru-Chan Premium Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD
                        Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb Blu-Ray
                        Sword Art Online The Movie Ordinal Scale Limited Edition Blu-Ray
                        Ranma 1/2 OVA And Movie Collection Limited Edition Blu-Ray
                        Seraph Of The End Vampire Reign Season 1 Part 2 Blu-Ray/DVD
                        ​​​​​​Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Heart Throb Premium Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Box Set
                        ​​​​​​The Perfect Insider Blu-Ray

All of these purchases come to a grand total of $846 towards the year's anime budget.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X