• Show
Clear All

• [US BD] AnimEigo licenses Gunsmith Cats [Kickstarter]

Widgets Magazine
    From Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update
    The Return of Rally Vincent!

[Gunsmith Cats image]

We are pleased to announce that our next Blu-ray special edition will be Sonoda Ken'ichi's Gun Smith Cats. We are currently in the early planning stages for the crowdfunding project; we'll start previewing it in January to get your feedback, and hope to go live in late February.

More details soon!

Additional Note from Robert:

"Just to clarify, it's real HD. Not an uprez!"
    Last edited by JimmyG; 12-03-2017, 11:19 AM.

Super excited about this! It'll be a first time AnimEigo are putting something out that 1. they didn't use to have licensed and 2. never released on Blu before
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
      Super excited about this! It'll be a first time AnimEigo are putting something out that 1. they didn't use to have licensed and 2. never released on Blu before
      It is also cool that Robert confirmed it is a real HD transfer and not an upscale in the posts too. I seriously can't wait for this to be available. I had this in my wishlist of titles for them to put on Kickstarter.

Comment

Definitely going to hop on this.
        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Yeah, this is a really cool title to see getting a BD release. Animeigo must have something special going with Sonoda, actually; every title they've done so far (Bubblegum Crisis, Otaku no Video, Riding Bean, and now Gunsmith Cats) has been a Sonoda involved title. Does that mean I could hope for a Gall Force Kickstarter later on?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
            Yeah, this is a really cool title to see getting a BD release. Animeigo must have something special going with Sonoda, actually; every title they've done so far (Bubblegum Crisis, Otaku no Video, Riding Bean, and now Gunsmith Cats) has been a Sonoda involved title. Does that mean I could hope for a Gall Force Kickstarter later on?
            I wouldn't be surprised if Robert's close relationship with Sonoda was useful in getting the Gunsmith Cats license. Considering that good relationship, I bet the next title they get is Gall Force (hopefully!).

Comment

What? Not Wanna-Be's?

Comment

Originally posted by russ869 View Post
                What? Not Wanna-Be's?
                Oh I would get on board with that just because I enjoyed it in the ironic sense.
                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Great, will be getting this one as well. I owned this show on VHS before getting the DVD. I guess it is time for it to get a Bluray upgrade. Nice move by Animeigo and by building on their existing working relation with Sonada.
                  Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Bought the Dvd a Few years Back

will def Back the This but hopefully this one dosnt Take as long as the others ...

Comment

I am definitely buying the Gunsmith Cats Blu-Ray as soon as it becomes available. Worth the upgrade since I have the VHS tape.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X