X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Gosick

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...84524102803457
    We have another announcement teaser for you! Grab your Sherlock caps and do a bit of sleuthing to see if you can guess what it is... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4q8qkJW8AINq6J.jpg:orig

Re: Funimation has licensed Gosick ?

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    We have another announcement teaser for you! Grab your Sherlock caps and do a bit of sleuthing to see if you can guess what it is... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4q8qkJW8AINq6J.jpg:orig
    They've clearly licenced Fist of the North Star. There's no way that image could at all hint at a certain adorable little mystery-solving girl. I don't know where that idea came from at all.
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

And judging by how many voice actors are making a big deal about this hint it looks like it will probably be dubbed.
      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

I was almost resigned to Gosick never getting rescued after Bandai licenced it and soon afterword dropped out of the North American market. Definitely pumped at the prospect of having a dubbed BD release (I hope) of this show as it's one of my all time favorites. I've gotten by with the Australian DVD set until now.

Thinking about it, it seems like Funimation is suddenly on a roll with Studio BONES shows. Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess and now Gosick.

Comment

he edited his post, but Clifford Chapin confirmed that he will be directing a dub for Gosick

Comment

Not much of a surprise here given FUNimation's Kadokawa package deal that we still are seeing titles from. At this rate we're going to see them announce Hyouka. Would have been more excited about this news if it weren't for the fact FUNimation is involved.
            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Originally posted by Getchman View Post
              he edited his post, but Clifford Chapin confirmed that he will be directing a dub for Gosick
              A link to that:

https://www.facebook.com/CliffordCha...98365486844680
              Can you reconstruct the truth from these fragments of chaos? If you can, you may yet solve the mystery to my next project...
              Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                You might as well drop the ? on the title because that image is pretty obvious .

GOSICK was a show that I though started strong but to me it kind of fizzled near the end of its run. Still, though, I might give this series another look depending on who FUNimation will cast for the English dub.

But if they do license Hyouka I'm getting that no matter what.
                Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Yeah, it couldn't be anything other than Gosick. Out of all the Kadokawa titles, this was the one I was hoping for the most.

On a sidenote, Funi's on a bit of a roll today with the announcements. Seven Deadly Sins, Free! Season 1 and this are all very high on my purchase list. Happy Valentine's Day indeed. Now if they can just get their QC under control.
                  What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

All I can say is, I called it, and it's about damn time! Now the real worry is release configuration. They had better not screw this up! I've been waiting way too long for this one to simply be disappointed.

Edit: Also probably needless to say, but this is the best announcement (yet to happen) all year! I knew it was just a matter of time once Nichijou was solicited. This is one title where I have no intention of waiting for a good price to purchase. Day one order.
                    Last edited by Mc-Taz; 02-15-2017, 01:46 AM.
                    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Re: Funimation licenses Gosick

Very happy with this news as I've been waiting a long time for it. And dubbed, even better.
                      Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
                      Casual

Comment

It was only a matter of time before they got Gosick, and seeing that they were going to dub it as I was hoping and expecting them to do that it made sense that it was the last show (at least as far as I can see) from the Kadokawa purge to be announced. I'm hoping to see a LE, though that's asking too much for something that came out six years ago. Funi is certainly on a roll now, but let's hope that they don't put out another buggy release like they have recently.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                        Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                        Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

No LE it looks like and two-part release

Comment

This is the last of the 2011 Kadokawa shows I've been waiting for Funimation to announce, so it's good to finally get that announcement. Unlike Nichijou, this is one that I would've been very disappointed to see not get dubbed given the setting, so I'm glad to have that confirmed right off as well.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Gosick, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 5/30/17
                              - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-one-bld-00377
                              Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X