• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses The Seven Deadly Sins

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...en-deadly-sins

Home Video Acquisition Announcement– Seven Deadly Sins

February 14, 2017

Funimation is excited to announce our latest acquisition—Seven Deadly Sins! What does this sin-sational news mean? We have acquired the home video distribution rights and will be releasing the entire first season on home video later this year in the US & Canada. Pre-orders will be coming soon so keep an eye out for your chance to bring this hit series home!

Funimation licenses The Seven Deadly Sins

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...m_nooverride=1

Funimation is excited to announce our latest acquisition—Seven Deadly Sins! What does this sin-sational news mean? We have acquired the home video distribution rights and will be releasing the entire first season on home video later this year in the US & Canada. Pre-orders will be coming soon so keep an eye out for your chance to bring this hit series home!
    This is for the home video rights only. Netflix exclusively has the streaming rights.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Funimation licenses The Seven Deadly Sins

Finally, been waiting for someone to get the distribution rights after Neflix got the streaming rights. Can't wait to physically own the series

Comment

Cool! I for some reason thought this was an Aniplex series. Glad to see I was wrong!
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

huh, shame they couldn't wait a bit and release the 4-episode ovas with the series, guess that will be a separate license later.
          My Anime List
          YouTube <- I do collection Videos
          Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
            Cool! I for some reason thought this was an Aniplex series. Glad to see I was wrong!
            Well Aniplex is on the production committee, but they don't have international rights. We didn't know if it was Kodansha or Aniplex until the German release showed the Kodansha logo on the back.
            https://youtu.be/fbqDU6XrjAU?t=2m

Given it's Kodansha, the only option then was FUNi because Kodansha pretty much works exclusively with FUNi. Though CR has managed to get home video rights to a few Kodansha titles FUNi passed on.
            Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

AW YEAH! Was expecting Sentai to get this seeing they've gotten all of the previous Netflix titles (that aren't Aniplex). But hey, so long as Funimation gives it the treatment it deserves (no Code Geass level of incompetence and screw up) with a nice LE, I'll definitely be picking this up. Expecting the 4 episode OVA to be a separate release (though it would be amazing if they included it with the eventual 2nd season instead).
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Yay!!! Now I can watch it, WHOO-HOO!!

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

The Seven Deadly Sins: Season 1, Part 1 (DVD) - 300 minutes - $39.98 - 5/16/17
                  - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-one-dvd-03904

The Seven Deadly Sins: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 5/16/17
                  - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-one-bld-00504
                  Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Next Episode Previews, Trailers
                  Last edited by WTK; 03-15-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Massive disappointment and missed opportunity on Funi's part with no LE for this. It's a Netflix title so most likely has much more exposure than other anime titles and would have done pretty well with an LE. Hope all future Netflix titles go to Sentai who at least have given all their Netflix titles the LE treatment.
                    My Anime List
                    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

So...Gangsta gets an LE...but this doesn't?!

...OK, whatever.

Comment

Just noticed that Funi listed Spanish as a language option. Is this the first instance of this happening with Funimation?
                        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                          Just noticed that Funi listed Spanish as a language option. Is this the first instance of this happening with Funimation?
                          Noein had spanish subs I think. Probably since Netflix had the subs available they got those too.

EDIT: oh you meant the audio..
                          Last edited by Rhys2753; 02-17-2017, 04:42 PM.
                          My Anime List
                          YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                          Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Pretty sure all the dubs for Seven Deadly Sins were funded by Netflix. So all the languages are from Netflix.

Comment

Regarding Spanish, FUNimation had a brief stint with including the Spanish audio on some of the Dragon Ball Z releases. They, however, never really went full force on it.

Sucks, though, because there is a market for Spanish dub anime here in the states, as well as Puerto Rico.

EDIT: I just noticed something... Next Episode previews are listed as extras. Did... Netflix not seriously dub these?
                              Last edited by ChibiGoku; 02-18-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X