Widgets Magazine

Tiger & Bunny (TV series & movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Tiger & Bunny (TV series & movies)

Widgets Magazine
    via Tiger & Bunny panel @ NYCC:

14:09:02 <bay|NYCC|TB> Q: Will there be an english dub?
    14:09:10 <bay|NYCC|TB> A: That question is for Viz I guess...
    14:09:17 <bay|NYCC|TB> Viz... why don't you answer it
    14:09:20 <bay|NYCC|TB> Yes........
    14:09:31 <bay|NYCC|TB> So yea... mitsko is heading that up, we are in pre-production

Re: Tiger &amp; Bunny

Actually just because there was a dub announcement doesn't necessarily mean that it's being released on physical media. Still, it does seem like the natural conclusion to reach.

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
      Actually just because there was a dub announcement doesn't necessarily mean that it's being released on physical media. Still, it does seem like the natural conclusion to reach.
      You're reading way too much into the prefix tag. There have been other threads (using the same prefix tag) indicating a license has been picked up by a N. American distributor without indicating intentions for home video release. It's just the best tag that felt appropriate for the topic in hand.

What this thread is for is the first indication that Viz Media has the series licensed beyond the previous rights notation of streaming and merchandise (figures, toys,...). Whether an English dub equates to a home video release remains to be seen. They very well could just air the series on TV, make it available through other streaming platforms and call it a day. When it comes to Viz Media, a home video release is never a sure thing regardless of license.

Comment

Umm Viz has put out DVD's for pretty much everything they;ve dubbed(finished or unfinished), and Tiger and Bunny;s facebook page made it sound like they had physical media rights so yeah I don;t know why you would assume otherwise.
        "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Am I the only person who is terrified that the show may end up getting a bad or half-hearted dub?

Comment

Viz and Sunrise both know its pretty popular to a degree here already, I think they will give it pretty solid treatment.

That said, I'm looking forward to a dvd or blu release if/when it comes down the pipe.
            Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Unusually for me, I actually watched the first episode of this streaming; if they do a physical media release, I'll likely nab it.

--John N.

Comment

During the merchandising section of the Tiger & Bunny panel, when the shot of the Blurays came up there was a quick mention of "we'll be releasing those". So, they sort of confirmed a home media release.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceA View Post
                  During the merchandising section of the Tiger & Bunny panel, when the shot of the Blurays came up there was a quick mention of "we'll be releasing those". So, they sort of confirmed a home media release.
                  This is probably what you were referring to:

13:56:22 <bay|NYCC|TB> Bluray sets from japan...hopefully we'll have them here soon

Comment

Quite possibly but I seem to remember it being a bit more positive in the "yes, we'll be releasing shiny spinning media" department. Could just be that I was hoping they'd announce shiny/spinny

Comment

Since there's been a lot of paranoia about this going on here lately, I thought you;d all like to know that Viz's T&B Facebook page is showing that the dub is indeed being worked on: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9065612&type=3
                      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Unless they do Bluray then I am getting the Japanese release which already has English sub.
                        Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
                          Unless they do Bluray then I am getting the Japanese release which already has English sub.
                          Viz being involved was a deal-breaker for me, so I bought the Japanese releases as they were coming out. For those interested, they're very nicely done.
                          Jeremiah Sabadoz
                          my comics my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                            Since there's been a lot of paranoia about this going on here lately, I thought you;d all like to know that Viz's T&B Facebook page is showing that the dub is indeed being worked on: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9065612&type=3
                            So DVD only, bare-bones 4 eps per disc, every 4 months, starting in March...

What too optimistic?
                            Last edited by TAS; 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling error :P

Comment

Originally posted by TAS View Post
                              Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                              So DVD only, bear-bones 4 eps per disc, every 4 months, starting in March...

What too optimistic?
                              Definitely. I wouldn't expect anything more elaborate than chicken bones, and only one or two at that.

(Sorry, TAS. Couldn't help it. )
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X