Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inuyasha - The Final Act

Originally posted by Shez View Post
    Darn, and I just got vol 1 recently! Ah well, it was a super good price, so I guess I'll eventually get vol 2 the next sale I see.
    You could always sell your copy of Part 1 to help pay towards the complete set.
    My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
      And Viz hasn't done episode-by-episode credits in years. Even InuYasha's re-issued DVDs from 2004 (still in use today) have "general" credits with only the regulars instead of the episode-by-episode cast lists from the original Pioneer DVDs. [/URL]
      Though this is probably a nitpick, but Pioneer didn't distribute the original Inuyasha DVDs. They stopped distributing Viz DVDs by the end of 2001

Comment

^ Nope, it was early 2003. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ibutor-for-viz

The first few InuYasha DVDs would've been distributed by Pioneer.
        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

The price of the Blu-ray is down to $42.99 on Amazon if anyone is interested in a lower price.

$29.99 for the DVD, not sure if it were always this price or not.

Comment

Dub eps 1 - 26 are now streaming on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/inuyasha-the-final-act

Comment

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1129449147151585280
              Announcement: Inuyasha comes to Blu-ray/DVD FALL 2019. Revisit Kagome and Inuyasha's feudal fairy tale in glorious HD!
              Last edited by WTK; 05-17-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

*Screams in joy*
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Glad I came to this panel. I'm excited about that announcement.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Good luck with that seeing as they still never finished the Bleach BDs.
                    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

That will be an ambitious project there, but hopefully Viz can follow through with it all the way. The flashback scenes in The Final Act go to show just how much work will have to be done in order to make it presentable on BD.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Selecta Vision has already released InuYasha on Blu-ray in Spain, but the cel-animated episodes are all upscaled (they still look much better than Viz's DVDs, though), and some of the opening themes like "Change the World" by V6 are missing because they couldn't get the rights to them. If Viz's BD release isn't any better, I'll keep waiting for a JP release.
                        Last edited by Zhou; 05-17-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                          Selecta Vision has already released InuYasha on Blu-ray in Spain, but the cel-animated episodes are all upscaled (they still look much better than Viz's DVDs, though), and some of the opening themes like "Change the World" are missing because they couldn't get the rights to them. If Viz's BD release isn't any better, I'll keep waiting for a JP release.
                          Damn Johnny's....I heard some time ago that the songs are also not available on the streamed episodes so that'll suck to hear if Viz didn't clear them for this new release.
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I'll decide on how they release this/what they look like before I double-dip. Still have all my old box sets, and I still like how they were presented... I might still hang onto those too, even if I do rebuy.

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                            Selecta Vision has already released InuYasha on Blu-ray in Spain, but the cel-animated episodes are all upscaled (they still look much better than Viz's DVDs, though), and some of the opening themes like "Change the World" by V6 are missing because they couldn't get the rights to them. If Viz's BD release isn't any better, I'll keep waiting for a JP release.
                            What did they use instead? I know that the Italian release for Inuyasha actually dubbed into english Change the World, My Will, and Fukai Mori (and I actually enjoy them :x) Did they use those instead by chance, or just use generic music?

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                              What did they use instead? I know that the Italian release for Inuyasha actually dubbed into english Change the World, My Will, and Fukai Mori (and I actually enjoy them :x) Did they use those instead by chance, or just use generic music?
                              I don't own the Spanish release, so I can't answer this question. I got the info about the missing songs from this thread, and the customer reviews at www.amazon.es confirm it.

Comment

Wait a second, is this a re-release of the Final Arc or a complete HD remaster (basically a better copy) ?
                                Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X