Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fist of the North Star

Widgets Magazine

Fist of the North Star the complete TV series on SDBD! This will contain all 152 episodes in Japanese with English subtitles on 3 Blu Ray discs! Episodes 1-36 will also have the English dub. October 31st 2017!

Edit: Uploaded a better quality cover image.

It's fast and furious deadly martial arts action pushed to the limits, and beyond. Never before have so many been killed by just one man. Ken's quest to save the post-nuclear world from his arch rival Shin will have you on the edge of your seat. Enter the deadly world of Hokuto No Ken and witness a place where violence isn't the problem, it's the solution! All 152 episodes in one complete set!
    Last edited by WTK; 07-17-2017, 04:53 PM.

It would be cool if Discotek took this as an opportunity to do some subtitle fixes. The first 36 episodes have the same subs as the Manga Entertainment DVDs, so not only there are some terminology inconsistencies with the subsequent episodes, but they got Devil Rebirth's name mis-romanized as "Devil Reverse".

Edit: oh, and there were also reports that some episodes had slightly out-of-sync audio, which I honestly didn't notice when I watched the DVDs all those years ago. That might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by Zhou; 07-17-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I've been waiting for this, provided they mend the few issues the DVDs had I will be so happy to have this in my collection on a sturdy BD
      ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

THIS is what I've been dying for Viz Media to do with the likes of Naruto and Bleach etc. 3 BDs for the whole show! So great. I have the DVDs but I may buy this as well.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I'm actually okay with this since we know how Toei does things for their TV series BDs so this is a better option than waiting for another crappy Q-Tec upscale and I'll be looking forward to buying this show a third time.

With that said, does anyone know if the R2 DVD of the 1986 movie used a film source or was it something else due to the issues with the violent scenes? I wonder because of the possibility of Toei having that upscaled in the future instead of properly remastered like their other films.

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
          It would be cool if Discotek took this as an opportunity to do some subtitle fixes. The first 36 episodes have the same subs as the Manga Entertainment DVDs, so not only there are some terminology inconsistencies with the subsequent episodes, but they got Devil Rebirth's name mis-romanized as "Devil Reverse".
          There was also an issue with the subs on one of the early Fist 2 episodes where they disappeared very fast during some lines. I'm not sure if that was fixed for the complete set re-release since I threw out those DVDs as soon as I got it because I hate Fist 2.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
          "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
          "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
          "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

This one almost killed me. But it’s done. 152 eps on 3 discs. But we did it and it looks awesome.

Subtitles are re-rendered (not sure what font the DVDs used) and have been freshly proofed and spiffed up. New encode but same source.

Comment

I feel kind of dumb right now for re-buying the complete DVD set after some of the discs from my original volume sets developed disc rot... This BD release would have been a much better option.

Comment

Well, now that the discs have already been authored, it's too late to ask for any additional improvements, but hopefully the subtitle issues I mentioned have been fixed.

Comment

So will they look like the DVDs but on BD discs or they will be slightly better since i think BD uses MPEG4 while DVD uses MPEG2.....right ?
                  Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Right, basically; same masters, but there should be less compression because of the BD format. And it'll take up a lot less space on my shelf; this is a definite purchase for me.

Here's hoping that Discotek does this with the second Lupin TV series at some point.

Comment

October 31st

Fist of the North Star (TV): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - $89.95
                      - http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=11082580

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        October 31st

Fist of the North Star (TV): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - $89.95
                        - http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=11082580
                        TRSI URL: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Fist-...Series-Blu-ray
                        Last edited by WTK; 09-20-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Extras (Disc 1 only):
                          Series 1 Clean Opening
                          Series 1 Clean Ending
                          Series 2 Clean Opening
                          Series 2 Clean Ending
                          Manga Video Opening/Ending Credits
                          Original TV Promo

These are new and only on the SD Blu-ray set since the DVDs only had character bios, an art gallery and a trailer for the movie all on the first disc.

Disc 1: Episodes 1-50
                          Disc 2: Episodes 51-100
                          Disc 3: Episodes 101-152

Understandable but this means I'll have to keep Fist 2 this time.
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
                          "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
                          "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
                          "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Understandable but this means I'll have to keep Fist 2 this time.
                            Fist of the North Star 2 is episodes 110-152.

-edit wait, you probably meant you were trying to get rid of the Fist 2 part... nvm then.
                            Last edited by progress; 10-03-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

think I may have gotten a counterfeit item of yours off amazon? Was supposed to be a 3-blu ray set, what came was an empty single disc case, no blu ray at all. Paper card looks printed on an ink jet printer

This might be the laziest bootleg we?ve seen. We?re sorry that happened to you. If you bought from a 3rd party seller and not Amazon directly, there?s a risk that could happen. Speak to Amazon about the seller, I?m sure they?ll help you out.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X