Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Aniplex of America General News Thread

Widgets Magazine
    General thread in addition to the individual threads...

Aniplex of America [Streaming] Ghost Slayers Ayashi [no series website] 10/06/2010 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Miracle Train [no series website] 10/06/2010 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ [no longer streaming/ no series website] 10/06/2010 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Toward the Terra (TV) [no longer streaming/ no series website] 10/06/2010 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Star Driver 07/29/2011 X
    Aniplex of America Samurai Flamenco 06/20/2013 ???
    Aniplex of America Day Break Illusion 06/27/2013 ???
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Rurouni Kenshin (TV) 10/18/2013 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] MEKAKUCITY ACTORS 03/22/2014 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Mushi-Shi -Next Passage- 03/22/2014 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Mushi-Shi -Next Passage-: Season 2 03/22/2014 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Nanana's Buried Treasure 03/22/2014 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Gunslinger Stratos -THE ANIMATION- 03/20/2015 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Classroom Crisis 06/24/2015 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] High School Fleet 03/18/2016 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] I've always liked you. 09/17/2016 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] The moment you fall in love. 05/20/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Hell Girl: Fourth Twilight [no series website] 07/02/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Hell Girl (Season 1) [no series website] 08/03/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Hell Girl: Two Mirrors [no series website] 08/03/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Hell Girl: Three Vessels [no series website] 08/03/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Sword Art Online -Alicization- [w/dub] 09/30/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Our love has always been 10 centimeters apart. 11/01/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Slow Start 12/12/2017 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Today's MENU for EMIYA Family 01/14/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Cells at Work! 01/18/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] PERSONA5 the Animation 02/14/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Theatrical] Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] II. lost butterfly 05/19/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs 06/08/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Streaming] Fate/EXTRA Last Encore [w/dub] 06/19/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Theatrical] I want to eat your pancreas [w/dub] 07/05/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] DAKAICHI -I'm being harassed by the sexiest man of the year- 09/22/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Theatrical] Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond 09/22/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai 09/22/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [???] Eromanga Sensei OVA 10/11/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Cells at Work! Special Episode "The Common Cold" 12/19/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Kaguya-sama: Love Is War 12/20/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] The Promised Neverland [w/dub] 12/22/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] PERSONA5 the Animation - "Dark Sun" (special) 12/23/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note 12/31/2018 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia 01/08/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Theatrical?] Fate/Grand Order THE MOVIE -Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot- Wandering; Agateram 01/08/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Theatrical?] Fate/Grand Order THE MOVIE -Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot- Paladin; Agateram 01/08/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba 02/14/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] PERSONA5 the Animation - "Stars and Ours" (special) 03/23/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] Sword Art Online -Alicization- War of Underworld [w/dub] 03/30/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [Simulcast] We Never Learn: BOKUBEN 04/02/2019 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import] Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal 05/28/2011 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import] Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection 05/28/2011 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import] Rurouni Kenshin: The Movie 05/28/2011 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import / Theatrical] Persona 3 the Movie -#1 Spring of Birth- 04/05/2014 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import / Streaming] Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream- 01/12/2015 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import / Theatrical] The Anthem of the Heart -Beautiful Word Beautiful World- 02/14/2015 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import] Persona 3 the Movie -#3 Falling Down- 09/05/2015 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import] Persona 3 the Movie -#4 Winter of Rebirth- 03/14/2016 X
    Aniplex of America [BD Import / Streaming] PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS- 10/15/2016 X
    Last edited by WTK; 05-12-2019, 08:50 AM.

http://www.aniplexusa.com/pdf/PR_Ani..._President.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Aniplex of America Names Shu Nishimoto as President

SANTA MONICA, CA (June 23, 2017) - Aniplex of America announced today that Shu Nishimoto has been appointed President of Aniplex of America Inc. on June 21 . Nishimoto will replace Hideki Henry Goto, who announced in June that he will take on the role of Head of International Business Development at Aniplex Inc. in Tokyo, Japan.

Nishimoto joined Aniplex Inc. in 2009 as Manager of Sales and worked on many successful projects including, Puella Madoka Magica, Monogatari series, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Your lie in April, and the Sword Art Online franchise. In 2014, Nishimoto joined Aniplex of America as Vice President of Licensing. He is responsible for spearheading many high profile distribution deals with partners including Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu.

"I look forward to continuing to provide high quality and entertaining anime that Aniplex is known for,? said Nishimoto." The fans are our number one priority and I am thrilled to be leading such a talented group of individuals at Aniplex of America. I am well aware that I have very big shoes to fill, and I want to thank Henry and Aniplex for giving me this opportunity.?

This transition is happening at a very exciting time for Aniplex of America, as they prepare to launch the English version of popular mobile RPG, Fate/Grand Order, on June 25th. They are also preparing for the nationwide theatrical release of popular anime title, The irregular at magic high school THE MOVIE ? The Girl Who Summons the Stars-, and they have acquired the highly anticipated anime series, Katsugeki TOUKEN RANBU, for their summer 2017 line-up.

Comment

So Henry Goto is going into the Japan branch now. It will be interesting to see how Nishimoto runs Aniplex knowing that they have a set strategy of valuing exposure and having BDs as collectors items in a much different light than everybody else. But with Amazon and Netflix throwing lots of cash from their bottomless wallets to get exclusive rights that things have really changed. So far, Aniplex of America hasn't licensed Re:Creators, Saekano Flat, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad, and Fate/Apochrypha for this reason, and Aniplex of Japan isn't letting anybody else license it from what I can tell. So it will be interesting to see in that regard what changes this brings.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Okay so I just recieved my Magi Blu-ray sets and I'm curious about something. When did Aniplex of America drop the we want to hear from you cards and the proof of purchase cards? The last release I got of theirs was ERASED Vol. 2 and it still had those.
        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Just give us all of Mushishi on Blu-ray, and I can die happy... in a $500 Gurren Lagann LE/Garden of Sinners LE style release, preferably...

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
            Just give us all of Mushishi on Blu-ray, and I can die happy... in a $500 Gurren Lagann LE/Garden of Sinners LE style release, preferably...
            This this this this this this this this
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I'd settle for Mushishi being in a standard Blu-Ray case--just SOME sort of Blu-Ray release would be nice.

Comment

It's beyond frustrating to me that Aniplex did nothing else with Mushishi except streaming. It's the only show I want to own from them and a standard BD release for it would be great.
                Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Having them release a well-deserved series on BD such as this would be nice.

Comment

And for the record, there are a number of other shows that need to get a BD release. At least they finally corrected that with Magi, but there are a number of other shows that need one, either completely ignored or released DVD-only. We shall all know about it soon with AX coming next week how Nishimoto runs this show. While I can't expect anything to be done about the prices since the Japanese branch is the one calling the shots on that, at the very least they should do something about the quality of the releases.
                    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                      Having them release a well-deserved series on BD such as this would be nice.
                      This x1000. The amount of disappointment when I saw that they weren't giving it a dub or even putting it on BD was even more than how poorly they treated Magi (thankfully they're finally giving us a BD release after all these years for that at least).

Silver Spoon is now my #1 Aniplex title I'm hoping they'll give a BD release for now that Magi has finally got one.
                      My Anime List
                      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Wondering how this will affect international licensees...will things continue to be the same, or will companies like Anime Limited have some difficulty in obtaining distribution rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post

This x1000. The amount of disappointment when I saw that they weren't giving it a dub or even putting it on BD was even more than how poorly they treated Magi (thankfully they're finally giving us a BD release after all these years for that at least).

Silver Spoon is now my #1 Aniplex title I'm hoping they'll give a BD release for now that Magi has finally got one.
                          Not to mention, the release got treated like dirt as at the very least the other DVD-only titles got art cards. But with Silver Spoons, it's a truly bare bones release that is as unappealing as it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                            Okay so I just recieved my Magi Blu-ray sets and I'm curious about something. When did Aniplex of America drop the we want to hear from you cards and the proof of purchase cards? The last release I got of theirs was ERASED Vol. 2 and it still had those.
                            FWIW, no proof of purchase card with the SAO Season 1 BD set, but it had the mail-in card. I guess they don't care about what Magi fans have to say? Adding in what was mentioned here about the pricing of the Magi sets, I have to wonder what the opinion of the show is over at AoA.

Anyway, I just hope they keep up with the complete BD sets. Even better if they are for shows that were DVD-only or never got a physical release.
                            What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              And for the record, there are a number of other shows that need to get a BD release. At least they finally corrected that with Magi, but there are a number of other shows that need one, either completely ignored or released DVD-only.
                              Yes - Silver Spoon and especially Blast of Tempest on Blu-ray - but holding off until a few months after releasing that nice Mushishi LE, so I have time to recover my finances first, lol...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X