Clear All

• [Streaming] 1 & Only HIDIVE Thread

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.hidive.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hidiveofficial
    https://twitter.com/hidiveofficial

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

New Anime Streaming Service, HIDIVE, Launches as Beta with Dubs, Live-Chat, and More

HOUSTON, TX, JUNE 20, 2017 - HIDIVE, a freshly launched beta anime streaming service, launched on Tuesday this week, offering thousands of hours of anime to a global viewing audience.

With a library that boasts long-awaited classics like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, as well as a varied selection of subtitled AND English dubbed anime, HIDIVE is a new legal viewing experience that seeks to deliver features designed with the anime fan in mind.

HIDIVE?s catalog includes a growing selection of English dubbed episodes of newly released English dubs, including Amagi Brilliant Park, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and Himouto! Umaru-chan. The new service will also host some Summer 2017 anime simulcast titles.

In addition to a growing catalog of bingeable anime titles, the HIDIVE beta will also launch with features that allow the viewer to customize their experience. The HD player allows members to stream their shows their way: customizable subtitles allow viewers to toggle between white and yellow subtitles, as well as control their player?s streaming quality, and audio language options in the same window.

The HIDIVE beta offers a premium membership at only $3.99 USD per month, which unlocks all premium HIDIVE features and content. For those who are interested, HIDIVE also offers ad-supported streaming on select titles.

To learn more about HIDIVE?s anime streaming services, or to sign up for a 7-day free trial, visit HIDIVE.com, or follow HIDIVE on Facebook and Twitter.

About HIDIVE LLC
    HIDIVE is a new anime streaming service built with the needs of anime fans in mind. Currently offering a beta with a curated (and growing) catalog of some the most iconic anime and live action titles of the past and present, HIDIVE provides a unique streaming experience to a global viewing audience. Featuring one of the industry?s best players, customizable subtitles, in-episode live-chat, pinned searches, and more, fans can watch, discover, and share their favorite shows. For more information, or to start a free trial, visit HIDIVE.com.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-20-2017, 02:25 PM.

This isn't really an Anime Network thing, it's more of a Sentai thing.

Comment

No wonder why Anime Network had been so poorly maintained as Sentai was working on this new service to replace it. While it's another subscription, the membership fee is really cheap at only $4 a month. Anyway, I was getting fed up with TAN mostly because Sentai was behind in putting up their dubs there, and not to mention signing up was a big pain in the neck, and now it looks like most of those problems have been addressed.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        No wonder why Anime Network had been so poorly maintained as Sentai was working on this new service to replace it. While it's another subscription, the membership fee is really cheap at only $4 a month. Anyway, I was getting fed up with TAN mostly because Sentai was behind in putting up their dubs there, and not to mention signing up was a big pain in the neck, and now it looks like most of those problems have been addressed.
        I agree. TAN became garbage in the last couple years and I guess Sentai was working on this. Please, please Sentai, keep your stuff in one place, not spread around between Anime Strike and TAN and this service.
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

I guess following what is going on in the tv broadcasters market...every company must have their own streaming service. In terms of new content I dont really know if HiDive is worth it as the only exclusive new thing is Rinne s3? I guess Galactic Heroes counts but with no dub I dont know if it would have many takers.

Im maxed out at funiCRhuluAnimeStrikeDaisuki.
          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I wondered why I got an email out of the blue from TAN about how they would be changing very soon. Now I know why. Hopefully they are completely shutting down town and focusing completely on HIDIVE.
            I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
            - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

I love a couple of the features, such as being able to chose your subtitle color. Honestly, that was one of the best features of Anime Strike, even if it was a close captioning system. It seems Sentai was really listening to fan comments and feedback. The price is also quite reasonable.

It's still not 100% certain what will happen to TAN online. But I really hope their forums don't go anywhere. That's my home and I would be heartbroken. However, they've been around since long before they started streaming shows, and the VOD service still seems to be going strong (especially since getting back on Comcast). Hopefully, they will be okay.

Comment

I wonder if this is going to get in the way of Sentai x Amazon, probably not. At least Sentai improved their service, that's always a good thing.
                Last edited by Jin12; 06-20-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.117768
                  Legal anime streaming service HIDIVE launched a beta version on Tuesday. The service is primarily hosting content from Section23 Films, though Section23 Films confirmed with ANN that it is not affiliated with HIDIVE, and the HIDIVE platform will be open to titles from other publishers. (Note: As of press time, the website is down due to traffic, but the official Twitter account noted that it will be back up soon.)

Section23 Films also confirmed with ANN that the Anime Network Online streaming service will discontinue. The Anime Network will continue to operate as a Video-on-Demand provider. Anime Network Online announced on Monday that it "will be experiencing some big service changes over the coming weeks."

Comment

The transparent legal maneuvering described in the ANN article is hilarious, as it always is when it comes to the post-ADV shell game.

The HIDIVE LLC was filed in Delaware (the best state for filing LLCs, by the way, for anyone looking to go that route for starting a serious business) back on September 9, 2016. The filing was initiated by an LLC named Niaset Media, itself filed only three days prior, on September 6. And the signatory for the HIDIVE LLC? Our old friend Griffin D. Vance, formerly a VP at ADV, then heading up his own law firm (during which time he was the legal counsel and signatory for the various LLCs through which were formed the companies we know as Sentai Filmworks, Maiden Japan, Section23, etc.), a law firm whose activities were then effectively put on hiatus as of June 1, 2015 due to Vance taking a position with Sentai, where he is now.

So, separate companies? Technically true. "Not affiliated" with Section23 or any other post-ADV asset-acquisition LLC? Also technically true. Very business savvy way to kick off a new venture potentially involving some of the same principal individuals, new sources of investment, siloed legal risk and exposure, and convenient connections for content acquisition? Super true.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Well, that is pretty much how all LLC's function. Many, many wealthier individuals have a great number of legally distinct LLC's.

Comment

I am by no means saying the situation is shockingly unique. And Section23 is absolutely saying the proper things for ANN to print. I just think it's silly that this is the dance that has to be danced (in any such situation, not just HIDIVE's). I mean, I've lived in this same situation professionally, and it's always felt just as absurd for me to be the one dancing as it is to watch it happen.
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Yeah, I totally get that. The whole tax situation surrounding these types of LLC's is just as ridiculous.

Comment

The best part of this announcement at the moment is that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is finally available in some form.

If they can fix most of the problems with the Anime Network without introducing many new ones, it will be good news all around, but it won't really affect me until I see what their plans are for future simulcast seasons. While Amazon obviously gets the shows they want before anything else happens, Sentai clearly made the choice to switch to Anime Strike for their simulcasts with Crunchyroll and Funimation so intertwined. So I could see them taking the shows they do have full control over to this new platform to try to get as many people to jump on as possible. If it has any exclusives I need to watch, of course I will subscribe, even though Anime Strike will likely still have enough of its own exclusives to keep me there as well, unfortunately. At least it's slightly cheaper than its competitors at the moments, and if it ends up being better than Anime Strike, I'll take what I can get there, even though I'm pretty confident they'll all still be well below Crunchyroll's level.

All of my attempts to access the site thus far have proven fruitless, so hopefully they get that in order by the time it's relevant to more people (if that does happen). And yeah, if we still have a ways to go before we start getting Legend of the Galactic Heroes on home video for some reason, it will have that purpose as well, but I'd like to believe that we'll be getting the update on that two years after its announcement.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

https://www.hidive.com/news/2017/6/2...network-online
                              HIDIVE LLC ACQUIRES ASSETS OF ANIME NETWORK ONLINE

JUNE 21, 2017 2:26 PM

HOUSTON, TX, JUNE 21, 2017 - HIDIVE LLC acquired the assets of AN ONLINE, LLC (formerly operating as Anime Network Online). The acquisition will enable HIDIVE to immediately increase its paid subscriber base as well as expand its outreach to addressable users. Following a limited transition period for subscriber migration to the HIDIVE? online streaming service, AN Online will cease operations. Terms of the acquisition were not otherwise disclosed.
                              https://www.hidive.com/news/2017/6/2...ht-english-dub
                              HIDIVE BETA ACQUIRES STREAMING RIGHTS TO 'CHIVALRY OF A FAILED KNIGHT' ENGLISH DUB

JUNE 21, 2017 4:19 PM

HOUSTON, TX, JUNE 21, 2017 - HIDIVE LLC has acquired the streaming rights to the English dub of Chivalry of a Failed Knight, produced by Sentai Filmworks!

Premium HIDIVE members will be able to stream new episodes of Chivalry of a Failed Knight every Monday at 12:00 PM CT exclusively on HIDIVE's anime streaming service beta. Currently, premium HIDIVE members can immediately stream the first four episodes of the series on HIDIVE.com.
                              https://www.hidive.com/news/2017/6/2...ream-on-hidive
                              EPIC SPACE OPERA "LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES" TO STREAM ON HIDIVE!

JUNE 21, 2017 5:51 PM

HOUSTON, JUNE 20, 2017 - Take a journey among the stars as HIDIVE's streaming service launches this massive space opera with four new subtitled episodes every week.

For the first time, Legend of the Galactic Heroes will be officially be available to stream in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. HIDIVE, a new HD anime streaming service, is proud to announce that the series will stream exclusively on HIDIVE.com.

"Massive" is not a word to be used lightly. Legend of the Galactic Heroes (1988 to 1997) spans over 110 episodes, with the second OVA, Legend of the Galatic Heroes Gaiden (1998-2000), running at 52 episodes. HIDIVE will also schedule streaming dates for the franchise's three movies: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars (1988), Golden Wings (1992), and Overture to a New War (1993).

Sentai Filmworks describes the series:

"The galaxy has been at war for 150 long years between the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance. As two new commanders enter the field of battle, the tides of war change. Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li shatter the wartime stalemate, elevating the war to a new level. Brilliant new strategies play out in the grand chess game amid the stars."

Subscribers will be able to enjoy the first four episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes on HIDIVE.com at launch (June 20, 2017), followed by the next four episodes on Thursday, June 22, 2017. Subsequent episodes will air every Thursday at 11:00 AM CT in increments of four.

Subscribers will be able to stream the series with all the perks of HIDIVE's streaming services, including an ad-free player, customizable subtitles, HD streaming quality, and an interactive community to connect with fellow Legend of the Galactic Heroes fans.
                              https://www.hidive.com/news/2017/6/2...ream-on-hidive
                              ENGLISH DUB OF 'SCHOOL-LIVE!' TO STREAM ON HIDIVE

JUNE 21, 2017 6:39 PM

HOUSTON, TX, JUNE 21, 2017 - HIDIVE LLC has acquired the streaming rights to the English dub of SCHOOL-LIVE!, produced by Sentai Filmworks!

Premium HIDIVE members will be able to stream new episodes of SCHOOL-LIVE! every Tuesday at 12:00 PM CT exclusively on HIDIVE's anime streaming service beta. Currently, HIDIVE.com has two episodes available to stream immediately for premium members.
                              Last edited by WTK; 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X