Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity, did anyone who received this set get one with a slipcover? Mine arrived without one and one of the awkward digital copy stickers slapped onto the shrinkwrap. Since Funimation has been inconsistent with O-cards at times, I'm wondering if I missed the cut or if they just didn't put one out after all.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
      Out of curiosity, did anyone who received this set get one with a slipcover? Mine arrived without one and one of the awkward digital copy stickers slapped onto the shrinkwrap. Since Funimation has been inconsistent with O-cards at times, I'm wondering if I missed the cut or if they just didn't put one out after all.
      IT seems like a lot of us did not get a slipcover with this but I do know that it did include one as I have seen a couple. I have reached out to Funi about this but of course they take forever to reply.

Comment

Ah, I was wondering about this when I got my copy. I figured Funimation just did away with them for their Blu-ray-only releases, since they definitely did that for re-releases, but I also thought I remembered the cover art always being shown as if it had the standard slipcover rather than just a keepcase. It would be nice if we could get slipcovers for these.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

You just never know what Funi is up to these days. They used to give LE releases to everything before reserving them for only the titles expected to sell while giving slips to all SE releases. And then they stopped giving slips to re-releases. And now this where it's a guessing game as to which titles get slips and which ones don't. While they can't all have LEs, the least they should to is put slips on every SE release for a show being released for the first time, and they are not even doing that now.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
          Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

There are slipcovers out in the wild yet they seem to be a lot of folks that didn't get them - likely related to a botch at FUNi. I also emailed them as well since Rightstuf refused to help with the matter.

Comment

Mine did include it (from TRSI).

Comment

Yeah. Super pissed I didn't get one. Pre-ordered to make sure I did but even that doesn't matter now. Contacted Funi but I expect then to not give a shit.

Comment

I also got the slipcover with my copy. IIRC, I preordered it through TRSI the day it went up.
                  What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Well if anybody doesn't care about slipcovers I would gladly compensate you for it if your willing to send it to me.

Comment

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card | Official Trailer (Available Now)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X