• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Ajin: Demi-Human

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS NETS
    “Ajin: Demi-Human”

HOUSTON, JANUARY 17, 2017Sentai Filmworks announced today that it acquired home video and transactional video on demand rights to the heart-pounding horror thriller, Ajin: Demi-Human, created by Polygon Pictures, under an exclusive license with the Ajin Production Committee.

Kei Nagai is just another carefree high school student until a fatal accident brings his young life to a violent end. But Kei’s death is only the beginning. A resurrection brings not salvation but horror and the realization that he is something other than human. Kei and others like him, known as “Ajin”, are blessed with regenerative powers but they are hunted for cruel and sinister purposes. Kei must elude dark forces and confront the limits of his own humanity in a world that is truly inhumane.

Ajin: Demi-Human will soon be available on Blu-Ray and DVD with special content and extras only available on home video.
    Last edited by WTK; 01-17-2017, 05:50 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Ajin: Demi-Human

I sure hope Sentai does Collector's Editions for Ajin just like they did for Knights of Sidonia...

Comment

I was kind of expecting this, but here's the confirmation. I do think this will get a Premium Edition. It has a dub, it's a great action packed thriller and it should sell really well.

I suppose this will help Sentai stay relevant, since they won't be getting a lot of stuff because of the CR/Funi partnership.
      Last edited by Jin12; 01-17-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Aw yea, just what I hoped for! Have high expectations based on how they (excellently) handled Knights of Sidonia.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Good to see this at last
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Now if only they also got that other Netflix anime, The Seven Deadly Sins.
            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Aniplex has control over Seven Deadly Sins

Comment

Good but expected news since they previously got Knights of Sidonia, wont affect me much since I'm in Australia but I do hope Sentai will provide proper English credits for the show since there's a ton of actors who were left uncredited for the dub (the long lasting mystery of Satou's English voice must be answered someday...)
                Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
                  That hasn't been proven yet. Most likely it's Kodansha since the first 3 shows Netflix licensed all have the Kodansha logo plus Germany's BD release states Kodansha on the box. In any case still glad to see Ajin licensed. I've heard really good things about it.
                  "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                    Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
                    That hasn't been proven yet. Most likely it's Kodansha since the first 3 shows Netflix licensed all have the Kodansha logo plus Germany's BD release states Kodansha on the box. In any case still glad to see Ajin licensed. I've heard really good things about it.
                    Aniplex of America has also specifically said it's NOT a title of theirs; since a Netflix deal presumably would have gone through AoA if Aniplex Japan held the international rights, it's a pretty safe bet that Kodansha holds the US rights (which means it might actually have a chance at a release).

Comment

Worth noting, Kodansha works almost exclusively with FUNi, so if they pass on something, typically it's screwed.

BTW, the Netflix logo is also on the German release of The Seven Deadly Sins.
                      https://youtu.be/fbqDU6XrjAU?t=2m

Anyway, glad to finally see another Netflix show actually get licensed for home video.
                      Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Ajin - Demi-Human: Season 1 Collection (DVD) - 325 minutes - $59.98 - 5/16/17
                        - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=34531879878
                        Compilation movie: Compel is subtitled only

Special Features: Animatic Process Scenes; Movie Teasers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
                        Ajin - Demi-Human: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $69.98 - 5/16/17
                        - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection

Special Features: Animatic Process Scenes; Movie Teasers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
                        Ajin - Demi-Human: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 325 minutes - $149.98 - 5/16/17
                        - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...remium-box-set

Special Features: Chipboard Box; Hardcover Booklet; Art Cards; Poster; Manga; Animatic Process Scenes; Movie Teasers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Title: AJIN SEASON 1 COMPLETE COLLECTION
                        Published by: Sentai Filmworks
                        Distributed by: Section23 Films
                        Run Time: 325 min.
                        Street Date: 5/16/2017
                        Format: BD, DVD, COMBO
                        Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
                        SRP: $69.98 $59.98, $149.98

DVD: Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (100 min) eps. 5-8; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 9-13; Disc 4 (104 min) movie
                        BD: Disc 1 (200 min) eps. 1-8; Disc 2 (125 min) eps. 9-13; Disc 3 (104 min) movie
                        BD/DVD LE: Disc 1 (200 min) eps. 1-8; Disc 2 (125 min) eps. 9-13; Disc 3 (104 min) movie | Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (100 min) eps. 5-8; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 9-13; Disc 4 (104 min) movie

Special Features (DVD or BD): Animatic Process Scenes; Movie Teasers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Special Features (BD/DVD LE): Chipboard Box; Hardcover Booklet; Art Cards; Poster; Manga; Animatic Process Scenes; Movie Teasers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

EDIT: compilation movie is Compel and it will be subtitled only
                        Last edited by WTK; 01-24-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

This looks amazing. Really love how Sentai is including the compilation movies in these sets (Sidonia being the other one). Can't wait to get the LE. They've been doing an amazing job with the Netflix titles so far.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/139672910045

Will your Ajin release include the 3 OVA's?

This release does not. The extras currently include: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation, Clean Movie Closing Animation, Movie Teasers, Animatic Process Scenes, Booklet, Art Cards, Poster, Ajin Manga

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed if they did a separate release just for the OVA's if they (or I guess Netflix) ever got the license for them. Or even better, they could surprise us with including it in the S2 release!
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X