Widgets Magazine

Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go. It would've been utterly bizarre if they had left off the OVA when they just streamed it, so I'm glad to see that it will be included without even a delay. I guess the only fear left is the possibility of it not being dubbed.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
      I guess the only fear left is the possibility of it not being dubbed.
      They pretty much confirmed it is not being dubbed: "The OVA is in Japanese with English subtitles". This is part of a long established pattern for FUNimation on broadcast dubs coming to home video (seems they feel after they've dubbed it once, they don't go back to it for extras other than minor fixes), so can't say I'm surprised but still disappointed. It being included at all is better than nothing, though, so I'm at least happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        They pretty much confirmed it is not being dubbed: "The OVA is in Japanese with English subtitles".
        Never mind!
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I'm glad to see that it's confirmed to be included in the release at the least. Even without a dub it's better than being an incomplete set.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Nice! It's a show I watched subbed anyways, but glad they found some kind of compromise to adding it in.

Comment

According to Funi on twitter, apparently its CR to blame for no OVA dub

Comment

At least the OVA is on the BD release, which would have been quite a big disaster had it not been included. Still, it not being dubbed and getting only a SE release are reasons to be disappointed. But at the very least, they got the most important thing right and realized that there would have been a lot of people refusing to get it without the complete package. I would be interested in hearing Crunchyroll's explanation for why the OVA didn't get a dub, but they probably aren't going to say anything about it. If I had to guess, it probably has to do with money seeing that either directly or indirectly, they were going to be responsible for it, and they just didn't think having a dub would make any difference in sales. At least it's better than the alternative of just leaving it out in another world, or worse yet a situation similar to Future Diary where those who bought the first released got cheated out.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
                Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - Available 4/24

Comment

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - Available Now

Comment

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - Official Opening

Comment

I'm curious, is there any way to turn off song subtitles for titles streamed on FUNi's site? I seem to remember that FUNi once advertised being able to turn off subtitles with one of their previous player updates, but I guess with the Crunchyroll deal they don't care about things like that too much anymore. It really sucks when the subtitles end up completely blocking some of the names in the credits.

If anyone has the Dragon Maid home video release (maybe the DVD release preferred, if the Blu-ray happens to have locked subs) and some time to help me out a little bit, I'm interested in knowing the last role and VA on the first page of cast credits for episode 4. (I think the VA might be Kristen McGuire, but I got little clue what the character name might be). This kind of irritates me on FUNi's handling of the credits, as even if non-removeable subs are unavoidable for whatever reason, they should have at least positioned their credits to where this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Comment

Kristen McGuire plays the role of the teacher in episode 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Doc View Post
                            Kristen McGuire plays the role of the teacher in episode 4.
                            Ah, thanks for checking.

Comment

via CR DE

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Opening | Aozora no Rhapsody https://youtu.be/hywrs-upaNM

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Ending | Ishukan Communication https://youtu.be/x-LtuzwUfpQ

Comment

A second season has just been announced for this show. The announcement comes with the release of the new volume of the manga.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
                                Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X