X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks April 2017 Solicitations

Widgets Magazine
    via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI...

Gatchaman II: Complete Collection - 1300 minutes - $79.98 - 4/18/17 [sub only]
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Girls Beyond the Wasteland: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 4/4/17 [sub only]
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=33429234694
    Girls Beyond the Wasteland: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/4/17 [sub only]
    Is the Order a Rabbit??: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 4/11/17 [sub only]
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=33429341574
    Is the Order a Rabbit??: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/11/17 [sub only]
    MY love STORY!!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 600 minutes - $199.98 - 4/25/17
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...remium-box-set
    Special Features: Chipboard Box; Hardcover Booklet; Poster; Valentines Cards; Poster; Macaron Container; Keychain; Buttons; Art cards; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 4/18/17 [sub only]
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=33429388102
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/18/17 [sub only]
    Utawarerumono - The False Faces: Complete Collection (DVD) - 600 minutes - $79.98 - 4/25/17
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=33429503302
    Special Features: Japanese trailers; Japanese Shorts; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Utawarerumono - The False Faces: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 600 minutes - $99.98 - 4/25/17
    Special Features: Japanese trailers; Japanese Shorts; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES APRIL SLATE

My Love Story Premium Box Set Available April 25th

HOUSTON, December 20, 2016 – Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its April slate of releases; including Sentai Filmworks’ highly anticipated Collector’s Edition Premium Box Set of My Love Story!

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming April 2017

Title: GIRLS BEYOND THE WASTELAND COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 300 min.
    Street Date: 4/4/2017
    Format: BD, DVD
    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $59.98, $49.98

SYNOPSIS: Buntarou Hojo has a gift for envisioning plots and scenarios in his head, but when it comes to imagining a story for his own life, he has a bad case of writer's block. Writing scripts for his high school's drama department has given him a temporary outlet, but when school ends, what's next? Just when Buntarou's future seems its bleakest, classmate Sayuki Kuroda asks him to write for her bishoujo video game development group. Suddenly, all the pieces start to fall together, but as Buntarou and Sayuki recruit more girls (and one romantically challenged guy), they'll find that the path through the wasteland of life is filled with more twists than any game. Expect the unexpected as making a computer-simulated romance becomes a real-world drama in GIRLS BEYOND THE WASTELAND!

Title: IS THE ORDER A RABBIT? SEASON 2 COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Street Date: 4/11/2017

SYNOPSIS: It’s time to re-open the doors to Rabbit House, where good friends are ready to take on the next exciting adventure, and there’s always something unusual going on. After all, how many cafés have waitresses who collect firearms and a rabbit that actually talks? However, trouble may be burrowing into the Kafu residence when a magazine runs an article on places to eat and neglects to mention Rabbit House! Will an investigation into what’s been “haunting” Syaro’s house be a wild goose chase, or will someone get a lot of grey hare as a result? Is the sudden appearance of Cocoa’s big sister a blessing or a disaster waiting happen? Still, nothing is as scary as the prospect of graduating school! Will everyone make the grade, or will some friends be left behind? The tail will be told as Chino, Cocoa, Rize, and the gang all return in IS THE ORDER A RABBIT? SEASON 2!

Title: GATCHAMAN ll COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Run Time: 1300 min.
    Street Date: 4/18/2017
    Format: DVD
    SRP: $79.98

SYNOPSIS: It's been two years since the International Science Organization and their elite Science Ninja Team strike force defeated the threat of GALACTOR at the cost of Joe the Condor's life. However, there's no time limit on evil, and when Leader X stages a horrific attack on a cruise ship, there's only one force in the universe with a chance of stopping them! Can the Gatchaman team adapt to working with Joe's replacement in time to stop Leader X from mutating one of the victims into GALACTOR's new leader? Or does the ISO have a secret weapon lurking in the wings, ready to help save the day? For the first time, the uncut, uncensored second season of the series that set the standard for Japanese science fiction storms American shores in GATCHAMAN II!

Title: UNDEFEATED BAHAMUT CHRONICLES COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Street Date: 4/18/2017

SYNOPSIS: From the charred pieces of the corrupt Arcadia Empire, a new kingdom arose. To protect itself from future foes, the Kingdom of Atismata established the Royal Knight Academy to train warriors in the art of fighting with Drag-Rides, ancient mechanical dragons. The Academy has a catch though: it’s strictly a no-male school, and when the former prince of the ruined Empire, Lux, stumbles into the baths, he lands himself in a compromising situation with Lisesharte, the new kingdom’s princess. Understandably upset, she challenges him to a Drag-Ride duel, launching their lives into an explosive chain reaction that will expose the dark secrets of both royal families. Whether Lux is fighting off monsters, corruption, or his female classmates, things are sure to take flight into the unpredictable skies in UNDFEATED BAHAMUT CHRONICLE.

Title: MY LOVE STORY PREMIUM BOX SET
    Run Time: 600 min.
    Street Date: 4/25/2017
    Format: COMBO
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $199.98

SYNOPSIS: Takeo Goda's hulking physique and affinity for sports make him popular with other guys, but girls just find him intimidating. Unaware of his gentle nature, the girls that Takeo likes always seem to fall for his handsome best friend, Suna, instead. Takeo is resigned to being Suna's wingman, with no hard feelings between them, until Takeo rescues Rinko Yamato from a molester on the train. Unfortunately, while Rinko might see past Takeo's brutish appearance, Takeo's become so conditioned to girls preferring Suna that he assumes Rinko is the same! Being the good, genuine guy he is, he's going to do everything he can to help the two of them be happy. Will Takeo let himself believe someone likes him? Love isn't blind: it's just a little dense in MY LOVE STORY!

Title: UTAWARERUMONO: THE FALSE FACES COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Run Time: 600 min.
    Street Date: 4/25/2017
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $99.98, $79.98

SYNOPSIS: Where is he? More importantly, who is he? Awakening in a frozen wasteland, his first memories are of danger as he is instantly attacked by a giant creature. Kuon, the cat-like girl who rescues him, doesn't know who he is either, but she gives him the name Haku in honor of another mysterious stranger who came to this world. Now, Haku must quickly learn how to survive in a land where monstrous beasts prowl, and where half-human beings rule in a city riddled with intrigue and secrets. With armies to aid, Princesses to guard, and a whole new future to explore, Haku and Kuon will face truth after shocking truth in UTAWARERUMONO: THE FALSE FACES!
    Last edited by WTK; 12-20-2016, 10:15 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks April 2017 Solicitations

I'm personally still waiting for Phi Brain season 3. :angry:

Comment

The Premium Box Set for My Love Story, even with the standard TRSI discounts, will still be too pricy for me. So just these two:

Is the order a rabbit? Season 2
      Undefeated Bahamut Chronicles
      Last edited by Sabure; 12-20-2016, 02:29 PM.
      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Gatchaman II!?!?!? SWEET!!!!!!
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Interesting they're continuing to release new two-cour series in one collection with Utawarerumono: The False Faces. I wasn't entirely sure they would dub that even if they did the OVA, so that's nice to see as well. And I guess My Love Story is the first two-cour-in-one premium set (the price seems fair considering that).

Still waiting on Food Wars, but for now, I'll be patient. I'll have to recover from the wallet-draining holiday season plus Amaburi premium set coming up anyway.
          Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-20-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

That my love story is breathtaking, gosh whoever is in charge of the premium edition designs at Sentai truly makes the best CE's that have ever graced the NA anime market in my opinion. It's so cute, colorful and amazing and why I own every single Sentai released CE! Utawarerumono I'll certainly get along with the previously released ova eventually. Haven't gotten to watch the original series yet but I did pick up the original pretty ADV chipbox set for a good price a few months ago.

Comment

nothing for me from sentai yet again
              My Anime List
              YouTube <- I do collection Videos
              Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

While I'm interested in getting My Love Story!!, the price tag just might be too much for me (and understandably so as this is two cours worth of material whereas all previous Sentai CEs only had one as Akame ga Kill and Parasyte were both released as two CEs) considering all of the other CEs that are coming out. I'll at least wait until the holidays before making a decision on it seeing that the increased presence of CEs increases the chances that I'll be able to get it for cheap if I wait like I did with Nozaki-kun. Right now, I need a breather for my wallet after the holidays and I want to save up for the Food Wars CE as that's something I have to get. As for other stuff this month, only Utawarerumono is a potential buy. I like that Sentai is now releasing multiple cour series at once as it's a huge money and space saver, especially for stuff released SE only.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Only 1 title for me from this list:

Gatchaman II Complete Collection

I've only seen this as Eagle Riders on TBS Superstation back in the late 1980s so I'm looking forward to seeing the original version. Bird Go!
                  Avatar: Aoi Futaba & Yoriko Nikaido (You're Under Arrest!)
                  Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                  Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

A bit bummed that Gatchaman II isn't getting dubbed, especially with their cast recently returning for the 90s OVA & 78 movie, but I'm still getting this because I've been waiting a long time for them to pick this up (along with Fighter which I hope is next). I wonder if with it being DVD-only unlike the movie, that it means that Tatsunoko might have plans to do their own BD soon?

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                    I've only seen this as Eagle Riders on TBS Superstation back in the late 1980s so I'm looking forward to seeing the original version. Bird Go!
                    Are you sure you're not confusing this with G-Force? AFAIK, the Eagle Riders dub didn't happen until Saban picked it up along with Fighter in the mid-90s and aired it on UPN Kids.
                    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      Right now, I need a breather for my wallet after the holidays and I want to save up for the Food Wars CE as that's something I have to get.
                      That is, if it actually gets a CE (I'm not so sure that's confirmed yet, and Sentai would have three cours to get through). I sure hope so, though.

Comment

A surprising month where I have nothing to get from Sentai. It's not exactly a huge list either.
                        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                          A bit bummed that Gatchaman II isn't getting dubbed, especially with their cast recently returning for the 90s OVA & 78 movie, but I'm still getting this because I've been waiting a long time for them to pick this up (along with Fighter which I hope is next). I wonder if with it being DVD-only unlike the movie, that it means that Tatsunoko might have plans to do their own BD soon?

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                          Are you sure you're not confusing this with G-Force? AFAIK, the Eagle Riders dub didn't happen until Saban picked it up along with Fighter in the mid-90s and aired it on UPN Kids.
                          Now I think about it, you're right-It was G-Force that I saw on TBS Superstation in the late 80s & then Eagle Riders later on UPN Kids (Which I completely forgot about). Thanks for the correction.

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to Gatchaman Fighter whenever Sentai announces it for home video release.
                          Avatar: Aoi Futaba & Yoriko Nikaido (You're Under Arrest!)
                          Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                          Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Gatchaman II for me, still waiting on Food Wars, S-Cry-Ed and Big O as well.
                            Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

TRSI listings are up: http://www.rightstufanime.com/catego...ease_date:desc

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X