Discotek Media licenses Lupin the Third Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discotek Media licenses Lupin the Third Part 4

Awesome news! I had asked about the voice actress who was cast for Rebecca at ALA, but Ellyn just said to follow her twitter and stay tuned. I guess we will be able to find out after this premier, for both Rebecca's VA and maybe even Nix. I'm looking forward to any news.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...73598362669251
      Here's some updates on current projects announced but not released.

Lupin the 3rd series 4: Working on artwork and other assets. Release date is TBD. We will have more news at a later date.

Release dates will be announced when they are final. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...47067656122368
        Guess what? TOONAMI'S GETTIN SOME LUPIN:
        https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...47692238331907
        We've been quiet about LUPIN THE 3rd PART 4 because we've been waiting on that little Toonami announcement. BD/DVD still coming in 2017!!
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

The full PR from TMS Ent (PDF): http://www.tms-e.co.jp/english/pdf/2...n_3_pt4_en.pdf

Comment

And that's the next best thing that can happen with Lupin Part IV. It's really great to see the series will get the Toonami run it deserves. I absolutely have to tune in to this one every week. So glad that so many people will get to experience this series now, and with a stellar cast at that!

Comment

Definitely great news to see the new Lupin on Toonami!
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...74769338785795
                More TV part 2 and TV part 4 are on the slate. Beyond that... who knows? mmmaybe we'll have some news at @Otakon

Comment

Reminder to everyone around that Lupin Part 4 is premiering on Toonami in about 30 minutes! *Excitement*

Comment

Why did they change the OP/ED theme? Also they changed up some of the actual BGM in the episode itself most noticeably during the cliff dive scene towards the end of the episode, why? Does Lupin have copyright trouble with the music because of how old the series is?
                    ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
                      Why did they change the OP/ED theme? Also they changed up some of the actual BGM in the episode itself most noticeably during the cliff dive scene towards the end of the episode, why? Does Lupin have copyright trouble with the music because of how old the series is?
                      It's because it's on Television, the Blu Ray will most likely be unaffected.
                      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
                        It's the international cut produced for Italian TV, and actually the original version. The Japanese version will likely be on the Blu-Rays.

Comment

It just doesn't feel like Lupin without Ohno's score. I would be willing to pay 2-3 times the regular price for Discotek's home release to have it and the Japanese home video masters over the Italian cuts.
                          My Anime List
                          YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                          Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Ah ok that makes sense. I didn't realize and that confused me a lot haha, and yeah I hope it's the Japanese cut on BD when they release it or I'd be very sad. Thanks for the quick answer though, one of the many reasons why I love this place :3.
                            ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Discotek should atleast get the version Japan got with the animation touch-ups and the corresponding OP/ED themes.

Comment

As we announced, the Japanese version will come out and it will have the Yuji Ohno score, subtitles, and touched up master. We're still figuring out the details for everything else, though, so that's all I can say. Due to the TV airing, the home video release won't be for a while though so we have time to do some extras and things for it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X