1 & Only Funimation General News (Apps, Website,...) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FUNimation.com Elite subscription

Well, it seems that simulcast are members only now... When I tried to watch Haganai they said: Sorry, this video is members only and you must be at least 17 to view. If you’re not a member, please Join now! (I tested it with others simulcast that are availiable on Nico Nico and they said the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
      Well, it seems that simulcast are members only now... When I tried to watch Haganai they said: Sorry, this video is members only and you must be at least 17 to view. If you’re not a member, please Join now! (I tested it with others simulcast that are availiable on Nico Nico and they said the same.
      But it's supposed to be like that. It all depends on the series/episode content (mature and such). Some will require one to log-in/create an account on FUNimation.com (of which is free). If that's a step that you don't want to do, I guess you are out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        Originally posted by Damius View Post
        But it's supposed to be like that. It all depends on the series/episode content (mature and such). Some will require one to log-in/create an account on FUNimation.com (of which is free). If that's a step that you don't want to do, I guess you are out of luck.
        Oh that's my bad... I thought it was the Elite member thing... Oops. Thanks WTK!

Comment

via Twitter
          Making some final preps for live stream talking about #FUNimation.com Elite Subscription. We'll be starting at 6pm CT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmqeriS3edw

Comment

Was just about to remind you guys about that, can't wait for the event!

Comment

For the curious, FUNimation.com has added a subscriber streaming schedule. Just like the free streaming schedule, it's subjected to change.

Comment

Well I may check this out if they get a Roku channel (or PSN but I'm finding Roku better to deal with in most cases). That's what finally got me to break down and pick up Crunchyroll and Hulu Plus. Until then I'll stick with those and Netflix because I've discovered like watching this stuff on my TV set best.

Comment

I checked out their sample videos and for the very first time, the picture quality wasn't terrible AND the player loaded and didn't seem like it would die any second. Thats a major come up from the last time I checked them out, which was back when they were simulcasting Phantom and just starting FMA:B and it was rare for me to not have a stream die out multiple times per episode. I can't see myself subscribing for a few reasons though...

* I already pay for Crunchyroll and Netflix,
                  * I usually fall behind on current anime so the delay to free streaming won't really impact me,
                  * Most of their stuff eventually makes its way to other services that I use (Hulu & Netflix),
                  * There is no killer-show that makes me want to shell out money,
                  * I think CR is better at picking anime that I personally enjoy, and they can do it across a bunch of genres.

Comment

FUNimation Apps (including Mobile)

via FUNimation.com
                    FUNimation Mobile App - Coming Soon!

We are happy to announce that FUNimation will be releasing a new mobile app for both Android and iPhone in late March. You will now be able to watch your favorite anime series and movies from the palm of your hand. Take the FUNimation catalog with you anywhere, at any time!

We will have two versions of the FUNimation mobile app available:

FUNimation - Free FUNimation
                    Price Free TBD
                    Content Promo episodes, clips, trailers Unlock thousands of hours of anime, complete series, clips, trailers
                    Ads Commercials, banner ads Commercials
                    Elite Video Subscription Upgrade Yes (Get full access to subscription content, no commercials) Yes (Get full access to subscription content, no commercials)

We are still working on the price (a one time fee) for the full FUNimation app but will update you when we have that locked down.

We haven't forgotten about all of you Elite Video Subscribers when building these apps. You will gain full access to all your subscription content without commercials on either app! Not a subscriber yet?

We hope you are all excited about this jump to mobile for FUNimation as we are. I mean come on, who doesn't want to walk around with anime in their pocket 24-7? You could be watching anime on your phone while waiting in line at a convention to watch more anime. Totally meta.

Comment

Re: FUNimation Mobile App

I think this is pretty cool, and I know that a lot of people have been asking for a smartphone app from Funi. I would be more excited about it if I actually had a smartphone, but that's just a matter of time for me. So it's good that they are finally able to get it out of the door. I just wonder how much it will cost for the full version of it, because the free one is severely limited.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Sounds like a great way to get your "unlimited" (2-5gb max) data plan throttled...

Comment

I wonder if the iphone app would also apply to the ipad?
                          My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                          PSN: RYPLYLER
                          3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Originally posted by Orihimes_Boyfriend View Post
                            I wonder if the iphone app would also apply to the ipad?
                            They'd be foolish not to, considering the Crunchyroll and Anime Network apps are universal. And they'd better be ready for 2048x1536, too!!
                            I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
                            Stephen King

Comment

Tempting to actually get a subscription to Funi's video service if the mobile app works well. There is a lot of stuff I can watch on the go combined with Crunchyroll between my phone and tablet.

hmm....

Comment

via FUNimation.com - The FUNimation mobile app is officially live!

via PR...
                                FUNimation ANNOUNCES FIRST MOBILE APP FOR FANS

At Sakuracon today, FUNimation Entertainment announced its first-ever mobile application created with Phunware, the leader in enterprise branded mobile application infrastructure and experiences. The app, which is available exclusively on the iTunes App Store and Google Play, will allow users to watch over 250 of their favorite anime series and movies right in the palm of their hand!

Users can take the vast FUNimation catalog everywhere on iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices. There are two versions of the mobile app available. The free app will allow users to view intro episodes, clips, and trailers. It will also contain commercials and banner ads. The FUNimation paid app will have a one-time fee of $9.99 for access to thousands of hours of anime, including complete series. The paid app will contain commercials, but exclude banner ads. In addition, Fans with an Elite Video Subscription can link their account to either app for exclusive content and no advertisements. The Elite Video Subscription is available for a monthly subscription of $7.95. Sign up for a free 14-day trial at www.funimation.com/subscribe.

More information about the app may be found at www.funimation.com/mobile.
                                Last edited by WTK; 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X